shape
carat
color
clarity

My First PP Strand!!!!! I cant wait!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So hubby got the new job he wanted, so he gave me the go ahead to buy a tahitian strand! I have been trying on tahitians at different stores for EVER, but they were either too blemished or too expensive for the quality.
I have tried on both rounds and baroque, and I found I love the baroque look so I chose these (rounds always look flintston-ish on my tiny neck). They are multi color pearls, very clean, and they look like they have FAB luster.

I have a 13.5mm set of tahitian drop earrings to go with this. I will take pics of both together!
I can NOT WAIT to see them!!!!!

Attachments

• pearl.bmp
    223.8 KB · Views: 909
  • pearl2.bmp
    223.8 KB · Views: 887

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely strand :mrgreen: The luster wow! congratulations.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Goodness me. They are amazing. Congratulations and I'm looking forward to the real life pics!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful strand. I know what you are saying about trying on strands, but needing the finances to ease a bit before buying. I'm so glad that you are finally able to purchase these. They look wonderful.

I do have a question about baroque necklaces. The PP strands are shown with the baroque pearls pointing up and so they reverse direction in the center front. I've noticed that necklaces on other sites point in the same direction the entire necklace. I'll be curious about how yours will be strung when it comes, or do you plan to string it yourself?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1291074998|2782180 said:
Beautiful strand. I know what you are saying about trying on strands, but needing the finances to ease a bit before buying. I'm so glad that you are finally able to purchase these. They look wonderful.

I do have a question about baroque necklaces. The PP strands are shown with the baroque pearls pointing up and so they reverse direction in the center front. I've noticed that necklaces on other sites point in the same direction the entire necklace. I'll be curious about how yours will be strung when it comes, or do you plan to string it yourself?

Wow, never noticed that Flygirl! You have a keen (kinda scary :D ) eye!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Those are lovely! :love:

Very nice choice! I am envious of their beauty! :mrgreen:

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander|1291075563|2782187 said:
Fly Girl|1291074998|2782180 said:

Wow, never noticed that Flygirl! You have a keen (kinda scary :D ) eye!
I have noticed that too. I like the reverse like shown at PP better then the same direction all around. Looks better to my eye.

It is coming strung with a 14kt gold clasp. I can make earrings and glue pearls, but not talented enough to actually string them lol.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats to hubby re the new job and again congrats to hubby for giving the green light for this purchase: he gets the job, you get to buy yourself a present! and congrats to you for picking a lovely strand. in this particular case, i like the reverse at the middle rethe pointed ends......the better to hang an enhancer in the middle?

MoZo

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great that the DH gave you the go ahead for the tahitians in honor of his new job! It is gorgeous! I like the way the points reverse. More appealing and less a-symmetrical if you can call baroques that. LOL! We want lots of pics!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks all! Hubby said if he gets this job, I can buy the pearls for myself. So he got the call this morning, and I was on PP within an hour, lol!

I will post pictures asap. I got the free shipping so it can take up to 2 weeks.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I'm officially getting antsy....

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
RH, they're so pretty! I can't wait to see your pictures. Congrats on your hubby's new job too!

I like the way that they arrange them... if you look in the first picture the bottom of the pearls are mostly showing.. and therefore look more round!

Though, some of the strands that they do look like they are missing a big, fat, 14mm perfectly round....right in the middle.. (like this one)

703x324c.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, that one looks kinda goofy. I'm not a Fan of the long skinny tail on pearls any who.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely necklace, hope you post some more photos later on!

Congrats to your husband on his new job!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bean|1291092152|2782444 said:
I like the way that they arrange them... if you look in the first picture the bottom of the pearls are mostly showing.. and therefore look more round!

Though, some of the strands that they do look like they are missing a big, fat, 14mm perfectly round....right in the middle.. (like this one)
Exactly, bean. That one looks very odd where the pearls reverse in front.

Looking back at RH's strand, it looks much better, although, I predict a gorgeous pearl enhancer for that strand is in the future. :naughty:

RH, looking forward to the pictures together with your great big Tahitian earrings. Wow.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know why some other websites match them in one direction. It isn't right. Most baroque shape necklaces should reverse direction in the front, especially for pointed ends, so they look more pleasing. The odd one, that "bean" posted above, probably has even number of pearls on the strand. I know some of you don't like the shape of the 2 center pearls on that particular strand. But I want to point out that with even number of pearls, those strands can accommodate a pearl enhancer well, unlike odd number of pearls with a single center pearl. I hope I explain that clearly.

That is a really good point about the pearl enhancer!! I didn't even think of that. I could absolutely see that and it would look pretty good!

I do like how PP matches their pearls side to side (color wise on the multi ones)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1291224131|2784170 said:
That is a really good point about the pearl enhancer!! I didn't even think of that. I could absolutely see that and it would look pretty good!

I do like how PP matches their pearls side to side (color wise on the multi ones)

agreed.... that is something to think about if you have a pearl enhancer or are considering getting one.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok....ups won't get here till the 9th. I'm getting antsy!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results