shape
carat
color
clarity

My first post @ PS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies!!
9.gif

OMG, I can''t believe I''m finally posting on PS! I''ve been lurking for so long and decided it''s time to add myself to the LIW list and become a part of the PS community (it''s such a great place)!!

A little backgrounder on myself...

BF and I met at a friend''s party... somehow I caught his attention and he bravely introduced himself and that''s how we started talking. We immediately clicked but didn''t start dating because I was in another relationship. Our "clicking" made me realize how my ex and i were incompatible, so I decided to end things with him, and shortly after, started dating BF. It''s been almost three years, and I''m loving every moment of it.

Growing up, I always wanted to get married later at around 29 (I''m 25 right now), but recently I started to think maybe a year or two earlier won''t hurt. Bf and I also started talking about marriage about 6 months ago and I think we might be getting engaged this year! I never used to understand the excitement and the "waiting anxiety" but I''m really starting to feel it over the past month or so. I almost don''t want to admit it because I''m such an impatient person, but I think I''m finally on the waiting boat with the rest of you girls.

I think it''s going to be a fun ride this year, and I''m really looking forward to it!
36.gif

Cheers,
iheartbora

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
welcome out of lurkdom... and enjoy your stay!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS. I lurked for a long while too and it is great here! :)

What types of rings, etc are you looking at?
9.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty much set on a RB stone and I'm loving halo designs! Bf originally said it looks too "complicated" but I think I've convinced him that it's actually quite delicate (especially LM's work). I absolutely adore heb1976's ring (link), and also like the WF Amphora design. Here is a pic (hope it works)! I did a search but couldn't find any real life photos of it on PS
8.gif

BF and I talked about ring shopping just yesterday...hehehe
9.gif
because everything is kind of in my head right now and I'm dying to try something on to solidify all the sparkly thoughts in my mind and decide on the setting... but bf said he doesn't want me to have all the say so there is a surprise element.... not sure if i like that because I'm quite particular with my likings, lol!

gi354m.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
side profile of the WF Amphora...

gi354f.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself!

I look forward to many more exchanges and wish you the best in your courtship phase of the relationship!
35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome, IHB!
35.gif

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

Nice ring choice!!
31.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Welcome iheartbora
36.gif
i think you''ve got the perfect destination for your honeymoon in your avatar! or maybe even for a proposal
30.gif
hope you enjoy it here
21.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to pricescope, iheartbora!
35.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome iheartbora!!!

Your dream ring is stunning! Whenever you''re feeling super anxious or impatient, remember that we''re hear to listen and give advice!!! Hope your stay is short and sweet!
35.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the warm welcome ladies!

And YES.. Bora Bora is totally my dream honeymoon destination! Though I'd settle for the Maldives as well...
30.gif

BF and I are planning to go to beautiful Greece this spring, I'd love to have my proposal there, but doesn't look like it will happen
39.gif
Not sure if I should drop more hints but I feel like I'm going out of bounds if I influence his proposal plans!
33.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
iheartbora, I just noticed in another thread that you're Toronto! Welcome again from a fellow Canadian!
35.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Welcome!!! Hope we can all help ease your (beginning) anxiety.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I''m in love with halos too! I''ve had my eye on the Amphora and I totally love Leon''s Adriana too (but I''m sure it''s WAY out of our price range). I''m SO hoping our budget will stretch far enough that I can get one. We''ll see...

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
sammyj - Yup, I''m based in the GTA!! Kinda sucks that we don''t have something like WF or Leon in Toronto! But it looks like P&D design make some pretty nice rings!

Still_waiting - Did you try on any halos yet? Yea the LM is probably at least double the WF...out of my reach as well...
15.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:39:10 PM
Author: iheartbora

sammyj - Yup, I''m based in the GTA!! Kinda sucks that we don''t have something like WF or Leon in Toronto! But it looks like P&D design make some pretty nice rings!
It sure does! beau''s ring looks gorgeous! As another option, just because I am soooo absolutely thrilled with my ring and D can''t rave enough about the incredible customer service and workmanship, we went to Knar Jewellery (and you can see ring pics here). Mine and beau13''s rings are very, very different, but I was looking for dainty and delicate and she was looking for something more substantial. Either way, we were exceptionally pleased with everything and my Fi said that there is no way we are working with any other jeweller ever again!
3.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:07:07 AM
Author: sammyj

It sure does! beau's ring looks gorgeous! As another option, just because I am soooo absolutely thrilled with my ring and D can't rave enough about the incredible customer service and workmanship, we went to Knar Jewellery (and you can see ring pics here). Mine and beau13's rings are very, very different, but I was looking for dainty and delicate and she was looking for something more substantial. Either way, we were exceptionally pleased with everything and my Fi said that there is no way we are working with any other jeweller ever again!
3.gif

Your ring is sooooooo nice!!
30.gif
Congrats! Did you also get the stone from Knar or just the custom setting? Looks like they offer a lot of in-house service! Man, SO and I have so much more homework to do!
28.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 9:27:02 AM

Date: 3/3/2009 8:07:07 AM
Author: sammyj

It sure does! beau''s ring looks gorgeous! As another option, just because I am soooo absolutely thrilled with my ring and D can''t rave enough about the incredible customer service and workmanship, we went to Knar Jewellery (and you can see ring pics here). Mine and beau13''s rings are very, very different, but I was looking for dainty and delicate and she was looking for something more substantial. Either way, we were exceptionally pleased with everything and my Fi said that there is no way we are working with any other jeweller ever again!
3.gif

Your ring is sooooooo nice!!
30.gif
Congrats! Did you also get the stone from Knar or just the custom setting? Looks like they offer a lot of in-house service! Man, SO and I have so much more homework to do!
28.gif
Thank you so much!!!

We purchased the stone from James Allen and it was shipped to a Fedex Office in Erie, PA (not necessarily the most recommended way of doing things though...). We weren''t originally planning to work with Knar. My Fi actually had a setting made by a jeweller that was recommended to us and whom we had met with a few times (located in downtown TO, let me know if you want details!). When the setting was made my Fi felt it was too heavy and there was too much metal so he went into Knar (the first jewellery store we had visited to look at e-rings) to see what they could do. They were so helpful and accommodating there (not to mention the free champagne) that he didn''t hesitate to have the 2nd setting made.

Here''s a pic of both of the settings together. We were very pleased with the workmanship on both settings but as I mentioned earlier, I really wanted something delicate and dainty. You can really see a difference! Let me know if you want any more info.
1.gif

sammyjsettings.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that IS a huge difference! So what did you end up doing with the original setting? I want to do some ring shopping and don't even know where to start! I heard Spence Diamonds carry a lot of styles in store, so I thought about going there. Did you go to the diamond exchange area downtown (Victoria & dundas)?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 3:12:02 PM
Wow, that IS a huge difference! So what did you end up doing with the original setting? I want to do some ring shopping and don''t even know where to start! I heard Spence Diamonds carry a lot of styles in store, so I thought about going there. Did you go to the diamond exchange area downtown (Victoria & dundas)?
I know! Huge difference, eh? We still have the setting. It''s just sitting in a box
1.gif
. My Fi said he''s either going to use the diamonds for a special project or he may sell it. I''ll leave the choice up to him.

I actually haven''t ever been in Spence but I did hear they have a pretty big selection. I also heard that they have quite a mark-up but it should be a good place to go and try on settings and see what looks good on your finger. We only went into the diamond exchange area to meet with specific jewellers (you know, in those 20-storey buildings where there are hundreds of people doing/selling the exact same thing!). Other Canadian PSers have recommended Damiani Jewellers (in Woodbridge?) and Diamond Exchange. Another jeweller I wanted to visit was Engage Diamonds but we never ended going there.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info!! I''ll definitely check out the other stores as well just to try some stuff on! So I guess you didn''t expect the first setting to look as heavy or did you change your mind after? I think your current setting is amazing! I think I also want something more delicate!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results