color
clarity

My first "pinky" gem-quality Akoyas

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being broke is saving me a tonn of money right now :mrgreen2:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I just answered the door in a singlet and jean shorts - no shoes with mum's pearls on :lol:

LOL! The Beloved One (aka hubby) used to tease me because I would wear what he called my "lawn mowing pearls" in the yard... Yes, while mowing the lawn. :lol: I don't wear pearls if I'm doing sports-related things (would have to lose a strand or pendant), and the rest of life is game-on, for pearls. Strands, pendants, studs, drops. Yup. All good!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! The Beloved One (aka hubby) used to tease me because I would wear what he called my "lawn mowing pearls" in the yard... Yes, while mowing the lawn. :lol: I don't wear pearls if I'm doing sports-related things (would have to lose a strand or pendant), and the rest of life is game-on, for pearls. Strands, pendants, studs, drops. Yup. All good!

Love the idea of lawn mower pearls !
Who ever things pearls are stuffy and old fashioned and aging hasn't thought outside the box !

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ❤️ you so much right now SparklieBug.
:bigsmile:

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm super late to this pearl party, but I just HAVE to say: I. Love. Your. Pearls!!! They are so delicate and GORGEOUS!! I am absolutely swooning over their color... and they really are the perfect size for your ears!

I also love the pictures of your darling kitty... next time I'm on my phone I'll have to share pics of my cat! She's black and white with a cute little pink nose!

When I graduated college, my mother gifted me some dark navy blue pearls... earring studs, a little necklace, and a dainty bracelet too. I can't remember what kind they are, nor do I have any photos... and unfortunately, I am away and I left them at my parent's house! ;( Maybe the next time I am home I will see if I can snag some good pics lol but to me they are definitely very "dress up fancy" pearls. But I do really love lighter pearls for more daily/casual wear! :))

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I'm super late to this pearl party, but I just HAVE to say: I. Love. Your. Pearls!!! They are so delicate and GORGEOUS!! I am absolutely swooning over their color... and they really are the perfect size for your ears!

I also love the pictures of your darling kitty... next time I'm on my phone I'll have to share pics of my cat! She's black and white with a cute little pink nose!

When I graduated college, my mother gifted me some dark navy blue pearls... earring studs, a little necklace, and a dainty bracelet too. I can't remember what kind they are, nor do I have any photos... and unfortunately, I am away and I left them at my parent's house! ;( Maybe the next time I am home I will see if I can snag some good pics lol but to me they are definitely very "dress up fancy" pearls. But I do really love lighter pearls for more daily/casual wear! :))

Oh you are so sweet! Thank you!

I would love to see your darker pearls, it’s true that different colors complete a look for more formal or casual looks...my little pinkies look good with both honestly! Although I haven’t exactly dressed formally lately haha

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Although I haven’t exactly dressed formally lately haha

You and me both.... to be honest, I can barely remember the last time I even wore makeup! :lol:

But I absolutely agree, your new pinky pearls would look great dressed up or down!

I might be going home in a week or two, so when I do I will take pics of my dark blues and ask my Mom about them, since I think she did a decent amount of research on them before buying.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would share a very exciting update in this thread.

I decided to upgrade my baby akoyas to a more "adult" size. I went for what I'd consider my final upgrade, which was 8.5-9mm (they land at about 8.6-8.7mm)

I wanted to thank @yssie for helping me select the perfect pearls and as always, being a source of knowledge and support as my friend. :kiss2:

And @molinePDG for HAVING such beautiful pearls and for the trade-in program. I am extremely grateful!

I never dreamed I'd own pearls this nice and in this size. I know they are hard to find.
They are ultra-feminine and have a wonderful presence. This particular pair has an almost flawless color match, and an extremely smooth, mirror-like surface. They practically glow.

Here my not-so-hot iPhone photos...

IMG-9731.jpg

IMG-9707.jpg
IMG-9705.jpg

IMG-9734.jpg

IMG-9736.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would share a very exciting update in this thread.

I decided to upgrade my baby akoyas to a more "adult" size. I went for what I'd consider my final upgrade, which was 8.5-9mm (they land at about 8.6-8.7mm)

I wanted to thank @yssie for helping me select the perfect pearls and as always, being a source of knowledge and support as my friend. :kiss2:

And @molinePDG for HAVING such beautiful pearls and for the trade-in program. I am extremely grateful!

I never dreamed I'd own pearls this nice and in this size. I know they are hard to find.
They are ultra-feminine and have a wonderful presence. This particular pair has an almost flawless color match, and an extremely smooth, mirror-like surface. They practically glow.

Here my not-so-hot iPhone photos...

IMG-9731.jpg

IMG-9707.jpg
IMG-9705.jpg

IMG-9734.jpg

IMG-9736.jpg

ooooooh, these are amazing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! And really beautifully matched, and such a great size on YOU :love:

Congratulations!! The right pair for you found you at exactly the right time - they were meant to be yours :appl: ❤️ :bigsmile:

It was generous of Moline to permit the two for one trade!! And in your position I would have wanted exactly the same thing - I would rather have one #Everything pair than two amazing-but-not-quite-scratching-the-itches pairs. Classic white akoya are always appropriate and always in style, can’t go wrong :love:

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg gorgeous! I think yours are the big sisters to mine, they look exactly the same with the same tones! Super pretty and I think it’s a perfect size on you :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! And really beautifully matched, and such a great size on YOU :love:

Congratulations!! The right pair for you found you at exactly the right time - they were meant to be yours :appl: ❤️ :bigsmile:

It was generous of Moline to permit the two for one trade!! And in your position I would have wanted exactly the same thing - I would rather have one #Everything pair than two amazing-but-not-quite-scratching-the-itches pairs. Classic white akoya are always appropriate and always in style, can’t go wrong :love:

Thank you so much @yssie - and I agree all around! I’m enormously pleased and brimming with gratitude.

These are my big girl pearls. I’m so glad though I got to try out a small pair to gauge how much I liked them / would wear them. Turns out - A LOT!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Omg gorgeous! I think yours are the big sisters to mine, they look exactly the same with the same tones! Super pretty and I think it’s a perfect size on you :)

Thank you so much…they are addictive, these lustrous white akoyas! They are a must for every jewelers aficionado in any size, truly!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Enjoy wearing your new beauties!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes, yes, so lustrous, they areo_O
And fancy.:love:
Pearls that look like this are magic.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yes, yes, so lustrous, they areo_O
And fancy.:love:
Pearls that look like this are magic.

they are SO fancy :eek-2:
now i have up my wardrobe to match (or even come close) to these pearls...
for now, wool sweaters and leggings will have to do :lol:

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
How very exciting!! They are very beautiful & a perfect demonstration of the Moline pearl program. Congratulations & wear them in good health!

(I'm always so happy to see new activity in the pearl forum!) :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results