shape
carat
color
clarity

My first pearls!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Previous to discovering this area of PS, I was of the opinion that pearls were a bit...well, stuffy. :o However, as is often the case with PS, I quickly found myself in "I want!" mode as I discovered how incredibly beautiful they really are.

So...I've bought myself an early present (not sure if it's for Christmas or my birthday yet - depends on if I find something else I *must* have been now and then). Catherine was incredible from the moment I contacted her. I sent her links to about 7 different necklaces that she had and explained what I did and didn't like about them. She ended up taking apart one of her threaded strands, removing the pearls I didn't like, and adding in some of the goldens/pinks from her loose stock. The process was great - she was helpful and quick to respond all of the time. And most importantly, she was patient as I picked my way through exactly which individual pearls I just had to have! :wink2:

As she's in Darwin, it should only take a couple of days for the pearls to get to me in Western Australia. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Here are her photos, will share some of my own as soon as I get them: http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1394

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WELCOME to pearls! :wavey:

HOLY MOLY! :shock:

I literally GASPED when I saw your strand! I am absolutely AMAZED at the beauty!

LOOK at all those rainbows! :love:

OMG! That is just a STUNNER! :appl: Plus earrings? Dang, girl, that is a deal, too!

Drool! :cheeky: Drool! :cheeky: Drool! :cheeky:

I was like you, I thought all pearls were white and boring, but then I came over here, started lurking (and drooling!) and next thing I know, it's one of my favorite sub-forums. The pearl variety that is available today is stunning.

I think what you'll like is that pearls are so changeable in different lights. Their colors can be subtle, or completely overwhelming, depending on the environment. Golden pinks are just lovely!

But those rainbows! WOW!

Seriously, we are going to need a LOT of pics when you get them . . . :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to the catherine club! nice choice: what i like is the color variation just melds from one pearl to the next so beautifully....and you could wear so many different color pearl earrings with it!

MoZo

Very nice!!!!

I used to think pearls were not for me too.. but now I have quite a lot :) I really think it just depends on how you wear them and with what attitude :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="bean]I used to think pearls were not for me too.. but now I have quite a lot :) I really think it just depends on how you wear them and with what attitude :)[/quote]

same here.

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bean|1291592476|2788274 said:
Very nice!!!!

I used to think pearls were not for me too.. but now I have quite a lot :) I really think it just depends on how you wear them and with what attitude :)

I love that line: " and with what attitude". Exactly!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see a neck shot of that when you get it! It looks gorgeous. I have a similar strand on my wish list on Catherine's site even as we speak (though yours is larger and how awesome that it is perfectly customized for you!). I'm new to pearls as well, so all the pictures here are my inspiration. Can't wait to see more.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words - am so looking forward to getting them now, should be here tomorrow! I'll have to rush home to get my delivery notice so I can get to the post office before they close! :wacko:

It's just the necklace for now though - the earrings in the photos were suggestions, but I decided to have the necklace only. I only wear studs, so have been eyeing off a pair that bean posted elsewhere (from PP). Maybe once I get these and wear them a bit, it will be easier to talk my SO into buying more! ;))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow they look gorgeous, please do post more photos.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
They've arrived and they're just lovely!! Was so glad they weren't stolen - the mail carrier actually left them out next to the mailbox! They were literally 2 feet off the road, just lying on the ground! :errrr:

They've not disappointed me in any way...and to be honest I had really built up my expectations. The colors vary from being very obviously rainbow in natural light to a dark golden, fairly consistent color in artificial light. They have a few small blemishes, but definitely nothing that detracts from the excellent luster. I was pleasantly surprised how heavy they were when I put them on - it's nice having something of substance around my neck; I usually wear very fine chains, if anything at all. Is it wrong to say that I feel a bit classier when I have them on?? :halo:

I'll try to post photos - my first go on the new system.

ccpearls1.jpg

ccpearls2.jpg

ccpearls3.jpg

ccneckpearls.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Gorgeous! I think Catherine REALLY outdid herself!

You SHOULD be thrilled, I'm thrilled for you!

Just wow!

I am going to steal your neck photo for the neck shots thread; since they are only 8.3-9.3 mm (18 in length) you must be a smaller size to have them show up so well. So . . . ahem . .  . for the good of the forum . . . what size are you?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
The strand ended up being 18.5" by the time the pearls were swapped around. And yes, after looking at other neck photos on the web I was wondering if they'd look smaller than I had previously imagined...but they look just as I wanted on me. I am fairly small boned, usually a 0-2, and my ring size is a 3.25.

Now all I can think about is where I can wear them, what I can wear them with, and when I can buy more!! :lol:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! 18" looks so long on you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my dear, you can wear them anywhere and everywhere that you want to! they look absolutely gorgeous on you. they can go dressy or you can wear them with jeans. i highly recommend that you do so immediately!

MoZo

ps catherine's pearls are addictive, aren't they?! slogan should be: i bet you can't just buy one!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Wow, those are beautiful on you! :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with Mozo! My DD rocks her pearls with jeans and edgy black leather boots, and they're also multicolor freshies from Catherine. The contrast between the cool outfit and the pearls is very striking.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They're gorgeous and you look really nice wearing pearls. Thanks for the extra photos.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Aw... they are so pretty. You did a great job with your photos. It does the strand more justice. Enjoy!

wickedme

Rough_Rock
these are soo lovely! congrats! :)

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you don't mess around - Those are amazing first pearls! I think it's pretty common for most people to get some average white freshwaters for their "starter pearls". I love the pastel colors. 8) Totally jealous.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some stunning 'first pearls' - you have set the bar high! :naughty: :lickout:

They look lovely on you - the length is perfect and dramatic :sun: congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results