shape
carat
color
clarity

My first pearl strand and first beading project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessicap

Rough_Rock
I won bidding for a 7~8mm multicolor pear strand from pearllunar today
1.gif
. Plan to knot it by myself with a solid gold clasp because I am allergic to a lot of metal. I have done Chinese knotting before so I think I am up to the chalenge. Can''t wait to play with my first strand of pearl
36.gif

101_7511.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, pretty!!! I''d been thinking about trying out some knotting (those strands are just delish!), but have no experience.

Please, pretty please post pics when you''re finished with the project! It is sure to be a beautiful necklace.

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pearls! I''m sure you''ll be able to put together a lovely necklace. Keep a couple of matched pearls out for earrings, too.

If you come across and problems while stringing, ask for help. Be glad to assist.

Julie.

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:39:33 PM
Author:jessicap
1.gif
. Plan to knot it by myself with a solid gold clasp because I am allergic to a lot of metal. I have done Chinese knotting before so I think I am up to the chalenge. Can''t wait to play with my first strand of pearl
36.gif

Your strand looks yummy. Please post pictures of it when you receive. Can you tell me where do you buy the solid gold clasp, if you don''t mine?
I bought a few of pearls from pearlluna today too
26.gif
. I plan to make a rope
6.gif
. This will be a challenge for me since I''m a newbie in beading. This is my first purchase from this seller. I can''t wait to receive them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo very gorgeous! I''m looking at a set of multi-color as well.

-A

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Those pearls look lovely! Are you planning to use silk or synthetic thread? Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearls! can''t wait to see your finish piece
36.gif

jessicap

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 1:47:45 AM
Author: dh97
Date: 9/14/2009 6:39:33 PM

Author:jessicap

1.gif
. Plan to knot it by myself with a solid gold clasp because I am allergic to a lot of metal. I have done Chinese knotting before so I think I am up to the chalenge. Can't wait to play with my first strand of pearl
36.gif

Your strand looks yummy. Please post pictures of it when you receive. Can you tell me where do you buy the solid gold clasp, if you don't mine?

I bought a few of pearls from pearlluna today too
26.gif
. I plan to make a rope
6.gif
. This will be a challenge for me since I'm a newbie in beading. This is my first purchase from this seller. I can't wait to receive them.

I got the clasp from pearl paradise. They have a good collection of clasp, very reasonable price (especially after coupon
2.gif
).

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 2:25:12 PM
Author: jessicap

I got the clasp from pearl paradise. They have a good collection of clasp, very reasonable price (especially after coupon

2.gif
).

Yay, thank you.
36.gif

jessicap

Rough_Rock
I got my pearls today. Some pearls are very off round. Some have small dents. But they all have incredible lust! I found myself prefer lust over round shape. I'v got a AAA white pearl from PP. It is perfectly round but not as lusty. My new pearl strand definitely makes me wow.

I took a picture with my cell phone in the office. The white pears in it have a pink overtone. In an arm's lengh it looks like a pink strand with a little bit fun. I am shopping for a pair of pink studs now.

No neck shot yet. Plan to knot it tonight.

Pearllunar_7mmMulti.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
they look beautiful, and I know exactly what you mean about preferring good luster over tiny blemishes - I feel the same way. Please show us pics when you''ve finished knotting!!

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 1:39:39 PM
Author: jessicap
I got my pearls today. Some pearls are very off round. Some have small dents. But they all have incredible lust! I found myself prefer lust over round shape. I''v got a AAA white pearl from PP. It is perfectly round but not as lusty. My new pearl strand definitely makes me wow.

I took a picture with my cell phone in the office. The white pears in it have a pink overtone. In an arm''s lengh it looks like a pink strand with a little bit fun. I am shopping for a pair of pink studs now.

No neck shot yet. Plan to knot it tonight.

YAY
36.gif

Do you finish it? Knotting is so fun. Don''t forget to post your finish project pictures.
I received my pearls yesterday too. It took only 6 days to arrive to me. I''ve done knotting all of my pearls
26.gif
( I bought 9 strands
6.gif
)

jessicap

Rough_Rock
It is on my neck now. Cell phone picture again. I will try get better picture with my camera in the weekend. I uses double silk strand to knot it. I am very happy with the result. Only complain is I wish the holes were smaller so I could use single thread and the knots would be smaller.

Pearllunar_01.jpg

jessicap

Rough_Rock
I used french wire, clasp is from PP.

Pearllunar_02.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Jessicap, great job!!! The luster on those pearls is amazing. I can''t wait to see neck shots!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous! So nice and shiny!

dh97

Shiny_Rock
You did great job. I think your knots are perfect. What size of silk thread did you use? I love to knot with double thread. I find it''s easy to do.
I love your pearls'' color. My multicolor strand is lighter than I wanted. But it for MIL and she loves it.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful job, jessicap!
36.gif
Your knots look very professional, and I love how your PP clasp is the exact size of the pearls. Ditto the requsts to see neck shots!

And dh97, you got your pearllunars in 6 days??!! I''m on day 10 and still no pearls...
8.gif

jessicap

Rough_Rock
A better photo with my camera. on a off-white towel.

Pearllunar_3.jpg

jessicap

Rough_Rock
Neck shot

PearllunarNeck.jpg

jessicap

Rough_Rock
Woops
33.gif
. Sorry for the huge picture. I hope this one is better.

PearllunarNeckS.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing. Very nice job. Enjoy wearing your pretty pearls.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Jessicap, they look BEAUTIFUL on you!!!

Cellentani - it''s been 10 business days so far for me...I''m sick of waiting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results