My first Mahenge spinel set!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fantastic taste you have. It's wonderful to see a setting that is unique and has so many different aspects to it. I really love it (and the stone looks completely at home in it)! I'm not surprised you couldn't resist setting it so quickly. Enjoy wearing it.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Both the stone and the ring! Aren't Jaimeen and the Geoff the greatest!

They are so helpful and not at all pushy, just extremely patient. Jaimeen had a break in traffic when I visited their booth last December and he brought out some of his favorites.... swoon! They were out of my budget, but a girl can dream... I thought it was very sweet of him to share some of his premier stones, even though he knows I can't afford to buy them, of course I never manage to leave them without buying something. :o

Congrats, your setting choice is perfect for that stone.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, LOVE that setting! Of course, the stone is beautiful too, I can never get enough of Mahenges. Congrats, wear it in good health!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much canuk-gal, Rosebloom, Laila, two_little_birds, motownmama, athenaworth, innerkitten, Treebean, bastetcat, JulieN, tyty333, YT, missy, TatorTots, JaneSmith, minmin101, diamond<3, rubyshoes, lknvrb, justginger, diamondseeker, jadie, derbygal, LD, colorlvr, and NKOTB!!!

You guys are so nice :) It was very fun to get this one done quickly, and this is DEFINITELY a ring that would never have happened without PS. I very much appreciate the great info and vendor knowledge from everyone here!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1358657200|3360125 said:
Gorgeous! Wonderful colour, just between hottest pink and red. Lovely. I really like the setting you put it in too. Very nice! :appl:
I'm glad you put it in SMTB. CS can't have all the pretties. :twisted:

Hee, well I had requested the move really early so it looks like they got it done.... Depending on the stone, I like posting in SMTB but also thought that the Mahenge thing might be something that mostly we CS folks care about ;-) :) :)

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1358687037|3360226 said:
Don't move the thread!!! It belongs here!

The ring is gorgeous! :love: The stone is a great color and the setting is just perfect! Do they have more antique style settings?

Oops too late, I figure I probably shouldn't ask them to move it back at this point :)

Boone & Sons does have other antique settings, I wouldn't say its the focus of the whole store by any stretch but they had some nice unique pieces. I'll have to take some pics the next time I'm in there.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1358704374|3360330 said:
What fantastic taste you have. It's wonderful to see a setting that is unique and has so many different aspects to it. I really love it (and the stone looks completely at home in it)! I'm not surprised you couldn't resist setting it so quickly. Enjoy wearing it.

You are way too nice, thank you very much. It's funny, the setting is meant for a round actually, and at first I had looked at it for a round garnet I have from Dana. It didn't seem quite right though, and then at Intergem when I found this, in my head I instantly saw orienting it sideways in this setting and I'm so glad it came out ok.

The stone has to sit slightly higher than it otherwise would if it were a round, but that's ok. Makes the stone look bigger and all :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is fabulous! I love how the ring is pretty and interesting from the top and side view. I bet it sparkles like mad in the sun. Enjoy it!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is gorgeous and that setting is PERFECT for it!!! Normally I don't like elongated stones set east/west but your ring is stunning :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must agree with others and say that is a fabulous setting and really shows off your stone well. In terms of perfect match, stone to setting, I think it rivals my all time favorite, Athenaworth's Mahenge in her beautiful diamond accented white metal setting (can't remember which metal, sorry :oops: )

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I'm just sitting here drooling! I got dibs on it first when she wants to sell it! Love the stone, and love the setting!

Opening up the other browser to google Boone and Sons.

Beautiful ring!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
It's so pretty both on and off your finger!

and I'm gathering ideas for my own hot pink mahenge :twirl:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks kgizo, stargurl, minous, Lisa, txtgreeneyes, and wordie!!!

minous, that is very flattering, thank you!

txtgreeneyes, the last time I checked, Boone and Sons didn't have all of their stuff on their website. They seem to buy settings from a variety of different (independent?) jewelers, and there was one guy in particular who was making their antique looking pieces. I'll see if they can send me some photos if the other settings and email them to me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea how I could possibly miss this thread but the very first picture had me pausing to study it in detail. It looks like a round, the way it is set EW together with the rounded top. Very unique and so different from the usual. The Mahenge looks very special too; it looks like it deserves the name, unlike some where it has only the name without the look.

Jemsy

Rough_Rock
Trade
This is absolutely a gorgeous ring . . . I love the color of the mahenge . . . but love the setting even more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results