shape
carat
color
clarity

My First CBI Has Finally Arrived!!!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My first CBI 2.13ct, H, VS2 has finally arrived and I could not be more pleased! Pleased with the diamond, setting, and services that were provided by Wink and Layla. I had a rather unpleasant experience with a vendor (a competitor to CBI) and was vary as to what treatment I was going to receive from HPD. Nothing but perfection – is what I received. From professionalism, integrity, to promptness. Even Covid-19 did not stop them from delivering my ring on time (along with their professional pictures.) While the other vendor treated me as “yet another customer”, HPD (Wink and Layla) treated me as if I were their only customer – making me feel heard in every aspect of creating my ring. I do not shop for 2+ct diamonds every week so being treated with professionalism was important to me to make my forever purchase (not including future upgrades) an unforgettable experience.

My only concern was prongs. I wanted really small claw prongs (to show off diamond) and I was very pleased with how they came out! Their Boston Classic setting (customized a bit) was also made and polished to a perfection!

Again, thank you Wink and Layla for everything!

Back to the stone:

I have always been a G, VS1 type of a gal and have never dreamt of having an H color. Now, I am including some detailed pics that depict the H color most accurately for those who are wondering what an H looks like and if they should go with G, F…etc, instead (given that an upgrade from H to G in this size is about $4,000, I chose an H without hesitation as I plan to use the extra money to upgrade the size in the future.) Furthermore, mine is a high H (no yellow-ish hue visible to the naked eye), a high VS2 (so very clear), and no fluorescence, so it was a no brainer.

I also have a small E colored stone and when compared to this one, there was a very slight difference… certainly smaller than the difference one could see when upgrading the size instead of the color. Anyway, I do know that there has been much discussion about G vs. H – so, some of you might find this post helpful.

So, without a further ado… here she is: (I am a size 3.5, ring is size 4, for the reference.)

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0526 copy.jpg
    IMG_0526 copy.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ❤️ Perhaps have this thread moved to SMTB. Might get more views there. Congratulations on your gorgeous CBI stone and ring!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ❤ Perhaps have this thread moved to SMTB. Might get more views there. Congratulations on your gorgeous CBI stone and ring!

Oh sure... how do I move threads?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect!!
Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats @daisygrl !! Just wondering, can you see a difference in the cbi vs aca vs blue nile stones?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats @daisygrl !! Just wondering, can you see a difference in the cbi vs aca vs blue nile stones?

When I compared CBI to ACA, CBI out-performed ACA. I have not compared CBI to Blue Nile stones.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Crazy, crazy, crazy gorgeous!!! :kiss2: I also must say, i just started noticing this Boston classic setting and I absolutely love it, esp. since I am a New England girl!!!

Thank you!
The Boston Classic lived up to its name. It is a true classic! Recommended!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think you hit report concern on your first post and ask to have it moved?
So beautiful! Such a spread on your fingers, with that small ring size!

KLE

Shiny_Rock
So pretty and glad you are happy with it! It’s so clear and has awesome fire!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm blinded! askeered.gif :sun:. Beautiful ring! :love: Congrats! :clap:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You need to post that in the 'Fire' thread! :))

Looks amazing!

My good lady only has a 'small' 0.67ct CBI and that throws out crazy fire, even when filthy! (which it usually is :roll: lol)

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
You need to post that in the 'Fire' thread! :))

Looks amazing!

My good lady only has a 'small' 0.67ct CBI and that throws out crazy fire, even when filthy! (which it usually is :roll: lol)

Seriously, no matter what size, their fire is insane. :kiss2:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!
So happy for you.
It’s the ultimate ring!!!!!!!!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And looks huge on your tiny fingers! I love the setting and the tiny claw prongs- it's perfect!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopy moly, that is stunningly insane!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! And looks huge on your tiny fingers! I love the setting and the tiny claw prongs- it's perfect!

Thank you. Lol. Yes... my husband tried to use that "1ct would be plenty, it would look huge on your small fingers" as an excuse to buy a smaller diamond. Did not work. Stone can almost never be "too big." :lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
These things are so precise! Fantastic!

Q

Queenie60

Pretty nice!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results