shape
carat
color
clarity

My first Barry gem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 2:43:42 PM
Author: SapphireLover

Date: 7/19/2009 10:20:56 PM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG or this? It''s little though! Link
I got that little one!!! It''s my first gem that I''ve bought loose. I''m going to wear it as a right hand ring. My ering has side sapphires so I think it''ll look cute.
I can''t decide if I should get Sally to set it in a lotus or to put it in this LOGR http://cgi.ebay.com/ROUND-5MM-PAVE-DIAMOND-14K-WHITE-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-RING_W0QQitemZ220453844346QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item335412b57a&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50I think I like the LOGR will look nice with my ering as it has milgrain. Not sure if I''d need to have the semi mount cusom made as the stone is 4.4mm and the setting is for a 5mm stone.
made it clickable, and your stone should fit just fine. Congrats, its a beautiful stone and setting to go in.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SL Congrats! on that new sapphire I think it looks lovely. I just wish Barry would cut some lighter spinels...

Can''t wait for everyone to get their new lovelies and post photos!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for making the link clicky!

I had been on the lookout for a spinel that had that glowy quality to it, perhaps in blue or lavender. Unfortunately Ive not seen one in my price bracket (or they''ve sold out before I can get them). I saw the sapphire and thought it was such a dainty stone and a bargain price. I though it''d help me appreciate quality cutting too

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d bet that a light blue spinel or glowy one will get snapped up so fast, it''ll make the server crash. They are either too difficult to find, or so expensive or both.
39.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a fan of the lighter pastel spinels, right now I have a pink and a purple...now to round out the rest of the rainbow!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 10:11:00 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 7/20/2009 10:01:02 AM

Author: LtlFirecracker

This one? It is a really nice color. It would probably just need an open setting. But I would ask him, he is pretty honest.

Here is the vendor pic of mine which is dark, but not too dark. It was taken by the previous site owner, but I believe he uses the same photograph techniques.

Yup, that one!

Did you set your tsav yet? I think I''ll email barry about it depending on if I like the cut of the malaya :)

Yes, I set it over Christmas into a 4 pronged WG setting. It didn''t darken much at all. It is truly medium-dark, which I think is where you want a tsavorite to be.
Here is the thread

This one was native cut, but cut very well. I considered the one that you are looking at, but the size is too similar to the one I currently have. I don''t want to buy duplicates. If I am going to get another Tsav, I am going to get a bigger one.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! How are you planning on setting it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it :)

mtgbarry3.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A hand shot

mtgmalayahand.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I''m officially a Barry fan!

mtgbarry4.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Love the color on it! Its just gorgeous.

I can''t till the day I find the ''one'' for me. I check his site often, but things get sold so quickly!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2009 5:15:34 PM
Author: szh07
Wow! Love the color on it! Its just gorgeous.

I can''t till the day I find the ''one'' for me. I check his site often, but things get sold so quickly!
Thanks!
Yeah, I must have had perfectly lucky timing, or else other were turned off by the inclusions. I have to say the picture of it wasn''t the best, it''s much nicer IRL, and the inclusions really aren''t visible to me without a loupe. Anyways, I''m lucky I got it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I like the color too! The inclusions aren''t too noticeable, and you got a fantastic deal - enjoy!! I love how all of us CS regulars always have a "under the cupped hand" pic. It really does make the gems glow!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha!!!!!!

As if after buying a Barry gem, you''d be anything BUT a fan. Seriously though, great deal--LOVE that color, and the inclusions really aren''t that noticeable.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2009 7:37:18 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hahahaha!!!!!!

As if after buying a Barry gem, you'd be anything BUT a fan. Seriously though, great deal--LOVE that color, and the inclusions really aren't that noticeable.

You may be right....I just put another Barry gem on hold, the oval tsav that's been up for awhile
11.gif
I've had my eye on it for a long time, but it was just out of budget. But I worked up the nerve to ask Barry if he had a similar material in stock in smaller size that he could sell me for less. And he said he'd just give me the discount on that one since it was going to be going on special anyways. So yay!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I certainly wouldn''t mind that color! Its lovely! and you already put another on hold??? lucky girl
1.gif

colored stones seems to be such an addicting hobby... I think I''m going to have to pick up some "learning" stones too... lol

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2009 5:08:51 PM
Ok, I''m officially a Barry fan!
Oh no, not another Barry Groupie!!
6.gif
LOL!!

Enjoy your lovely new garnet
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2009 5:07:31 PM
A hand shot
Its a great cut and color as always I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results