shape
carat
color
clarity

My finally posted pictures-- please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock

Out of my desperation having spent hours trying to get my pictures to post, please, understand-- this is the best I could do and think of after hours of trying different things =(

I really, really am looking forward to your helpful advice and comments! I'm talking to the designer tomorrow, so I just wanted as many opinions as possible-- are there any things I should have fixed before it's too late?

[Link removed by Moderator] See forum policies

I got pictures today and I am LOVING my ring so far. Keep in mind the prongs aren't done... Anything you see that needs fixing? Is the ring too high? -- that's currently my only worry. It is made by Bridget Durnell.

All constructive help/ criticism/ comments are welcome =).

There is a pictures where the ring is placed next to an example pave band.
Should I add pave diamonds where the black dots are? Should I add pave anywhere else? (first one)

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebud it is beautiful, I love it and the height looks perfect. You must be very excited!
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:03:51 AM
Author: Monnyjay
Rosebud it is beautiful, I love it and the height looks perfect. You must be very excited!
35.gif

Ditto, that looks just divine to me :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel%20K%20Rosebud.jpg
rosebud1.JPG

375x375.aspx

I like your ring. I would just change the prong tips. If your designer can make double claw prongs like these, I think it would be the perfect finishing touch.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I think my pictures might finally load!!!!

I was SO frustrated last night spending several hours trying to load them!

whydontmypictureseverload23.jpg

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture.... Should there be pave added where the black dots are?

rosebudring5.jpg

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture =)

rosebudring4.jpg

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
more =)

rosebudring2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how gorgeous! I wouldn''t put the pave on the side. It would just possibly result in more scratching of your e-ring. But I strongly agree with Gypsy that the prong tips need to be the delicate double tips like she posted.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Last one =)

rosebudring3.jpg

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys for your advice so far! =) The prongs aren''t done yet, that''s why they look all bulky. I will ask for the double prongs

So one vote for no more pave anywhere else =). I''m starting to agree =)

Any other opinions? I''m SO
30.gif
EXCITED

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore the head on those rings! But I think too much pave on the rest of the ring takes away from the unique head design. It is gorgeous as it is!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 12:41:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I absolutely adore the head on those rings! But I think too much pave on the rest of the ring takes away from the unique head design. It is gorgeous as it is!
Ditto!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
okay, no more pave then =). The extra pave was suggested by Bridget actually, so I figured I''d think about it since she''s a pro =)

Do you think there''s any way I could have the ring lowered like 0.5 mm? I am maybe being picky but I''m quite clumsy... is this an easy job or will it be difficult? I don''t want to ask for something that''s difficult... the ring is very pretty and I love it =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see how it can be lowered if it is already at this point. Anyway, it looks perfect. Not sure you could make it lower without compromising the design.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
hmm okay, I may be totally splitting hairs then, I think I''ll love the ring either way, but that''s my only small concern is the height.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
that''s a gorgeous ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No more pave needed...its beautiful. I dont think the head is too high. Might be higher than you want but to me it doesnt look like it would be as high as a cathrdral setting (which is what I have and the height doesnt bother me).

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebud it is beautiful!!!

I don't think it is too high - pictures can be deceiving too so wait until you put it on and see how gorgeous it is!

when are you expecting it?

ETA: here are a few pics of my side view - looks the same as yours and is definitely not high. It is actually comfortably low.

orchids%20are%20stronger%20than%20you%20think.JPG

48596837201fling.JPG

New%20Side%20View%20in%20Flower.JPG

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good! I just needed people to tell me it wasn''t too high =) It''s just my paranoia, really, it''s probably perfect =D

October2008bride, Thank you for all your help so far!!!

I am not sure when I get the ring, and definitely have no idea when I''ll get it for permanent via proposal lol. =)

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
A little photoshop fun, sorry it''s so ugly lol.

More pave?

sidediamondsrosebude.jpg

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
A little heart on the side?

rosebudheart.jpg

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
ahh.. there is a reason I am not a ring designer =) I''m going crazy!

lolrosebud.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you wanted more pave on the side I would take it down more than 2 diamonds worth...I would do atleast 3 where
it hooked up with the center bar of pave diamonds.

All your other pics of photoshopped added pave look like they are just for fun...you could do something like that just
to make your ring unique to you
9.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for no more pave, its lines are beautiful as is. Ditto the others regarding the claw prongs which you mentioned were still in progress. Stunning!
36.gif

ETA- No, its not too high. It's quite lovely. The Rosebud is one of my all time favorite RB settings.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Did I mention this is gorgeous?

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Okay! I talked to Bridget and she says she planned the prongs to be single, tapered, pointed. I guess that means I don't get double prongs... should I rebel, or should I just okay the single prongs? I definitely trust Bridget's taste, and I think she's already planned it out to be single prongs though-- not sure if it can be changed..

Advice please =D

You guys are totally what keeps me sane!! Thank you everyone so far!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do little doubles. I really would. It makes a difference. If you look at the daniel K the claws split right at the end, not all the way down. I'd send her the pics (especially the pearlmans one) and see if she'll do it.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I have the little doubles and love it! However, I''d rather have great singles than so so doubles if the designer doesn''t think she can execute them well.

Not saying he/she can''t - just a general comment/suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results