shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My FINAL(LY) upgrade! 3.51 N OEC from Parks in DK octagon!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a uniquely gorgeous diamond and setting! I love the vintage flair, it look spectacular on you!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may have taken your time working out the setting but, my oh my, was it ever worth the wait. Your ring is seriously stunning! :love: I can’t get over how perfect it is. There are so many little details that really make this ring special and a showstopper IMO. Plus, that center is amazeballs. I hope it brings you happiness for many years to come (And how could it not? Just look at it).

5171BB00-6D8E-42F3-8CE8-ABB71B677DF9.gif

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Back from my whirlwind weekend trip and straight into chaos...son had emergency oral surgery today, the same day my mom came into town! But, things seem to be going back to normal...
Your comments were all so nice, I didn't want to seem indifferent, sorry I'm behind but:

Thank you @Polabowa and @headlight .
@peppermintpatty thank you, you will find oecs addictive!
@Slick1 Hey! Well, I did it. Broke my usual routine and didn't bezel it! Is it weird, I just felt like she needed an octagon?& prongs?!
@dreamer_dachsie thank you, I think DK did a great job! Thanks for your valued input when I was searching, and later helping me with prongs. I appreciate you!
@Matthews1127 Thank you!
@Queenie60. Thanks, yes, worth the wait!
Thank you for the nice comments @diamondseeker2006 , @Tykate, @Weecam , @bling_dream19 , @Dizzie , @luv2sparkle, @Kim N , @goldenfire , @arkieb1 , @msop04 , @Morenita21 !!
@Lykame . Thank you, I'm so glad I did the octagon! Thanks for giving me the encouragement to call DK and change my plan!
@yennyfire thank you, I'm thrilled to join the oec octagon club!
Thank you @Catmom (I like your style!)
Thanks @Mamabean , eager to see your new ring!
Thanks @Acinom. You have one of my fave collections!
Thanks @sarahb , @kathley , @motownmama , @RosieR , @diamondsR4eVR
Totally agree @caolsen !
Thank you @Christinak , @Austina !
Yes @Alex T , forever is the plan!
@Snowdrop13 She's a moody N, white sometimes, sometimes sunnier
Thanks@RFisher. I appreciate your great design sense!
Thank you @MakingTheGrade & @Kayceal!
Thank you @missy. You're a jewel!
Hi @StephanieLynn ! Thank you!
Thanks @MissGotRocks !
Thanks @ tyty333. I think she's just right :) !
@Taylorbug! Thank you my friend! I'm so glad to have you around!! #diamond-duo
@bright ice , @Donnass117 thank you!
Thank you @elle_71125 ! It took me forever and made me a little nuts, but I love the result! I can't wait to see your AVC set!
Thank you @marymm , @Krisking , @JPie !
Thank you @Polyhex ! Your ring is gorgeous!
Dear @PreRaphaelite. Thank you for the much needed distraction with that hexagon ring....kept me busy while I waited for this! I don't seem to have any candles in my house right now for that video, but I did get a video under a tree in the warm late afternoon light. I'll try to add it!
@OdetteOdile. It's been a journey, for sure!
Thank you @foxinsox , @Ladygrey !

I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
It's so beautiful! I love it! I have 2 pieces from David Klass and I'm beyond thrilled. I also really wanted several Alex Parks diamonds but missed out (so i purchased form LAD). It's so beautiful and faces up so white! Congratulations!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It takes up your whole damn finger o_O

Perfect.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@dkata thank you, it's perfect for me for sure!
@mrs-b thank you! I think I nearly drove sweet Amy crazy with all my revisions. But in the end, DKJ made this gal very happy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my ! thank you all for being so sweet! ;-) I'm reading all of your responses with a big smile. So nice to be able to share with people who "get it"!
I'm staying at my uncle's right now, so could only find canned candle ( the heavily scented kind) for the requested candlelight shot. But, hey, I tried!
20200223_172935.jpg

I took photos in different light today, just to show how fun and multi-personalitied these OECs can be. And I was that crazy lady walking on the beach taking pictures of her ring. (Yep, that was me. )
Screenshot_20200224-000603.png
Screenshot_20200223-235543.png
And at the beach. ..
Screenshot_20200223-233935.png
Screenshot_20200224-001031.png
Screenshot_20200223-220448.png
Screenshot_20200223-234743.png

Stunning in every way. Romantic and chunkalicious and so beautiful. :love:
Wear in good health and blingy joy @CHRISTY-DANIELLE

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ah-mazing!! The perfect setting for the perfect stone...I just love how the bezel cups the stone with the teeny tiny prongs allowing your diamond to shine in all its full glory!! Love, love the chunky facets as well!! Just perfect, @christy-DANIELLE❤️...congrats!!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I fell in love with OECs a few years ago, and dreamt of having real one "someday". And as I admired them on others , over time, I found myself drawn to the warmer stones, the "cape" colors...m, n,and down the line. To me there's something so magical and romantic in their soft warm hues.

The "new diamond" talk started at my house sometime last year, (instigated by him, if you can believe it!)
But shortly after our 25th anniversary last year, I began really looking.
This was truly so exciting for me, as I had sold my MRB 10 years before, and with raising kids , etc, a new diamond had been on the back burner a long time!
As I began looking, I realized I needed some guidance, so I started a PS thread seeking help, not sure what to make of table size and depth, etc in the oec cut.

I saw an IG post by Alex Parks back in August, a listing for 2 N color oecs...he was selling as a 7 carat pair. One of the stones caught my eye immediately, such beautiful flowery facets, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine...she would be the one! That IG post was mentioned by another PS member, "ask if he'll split them up" she suggested. That idea had never occurred to me! Maybe he would?
20191103_124655.png
At first he didn't want to split the pair, but Alex finally agreed.
And the GIA 3.51 N Si1 9.31x9.35, 49%table, 65.4% depth...she is mine! Sunny hued, large culet, kozibe effect, chunky facets.....I just love her!
20200207_103338.png
20190921_151719.jpg

I am so thankful to Amy at David Klass for being so patient with me. I had a few ideas but it took us months (and many cads) to get to the final design.
I love art deco, but couldn't decide how to set this stone. Finally went with something a little different for me : an octagon!
Enough backstory! Just wanted to fill you in so you know why this is such a thrilling, and long awaited, big deal for me! My "finally" upgrade!
I picked up the ring in LA on Friday, I will get better pics when I get home!
20200220_222751.png
20200222_102836.jpg

20200222_170513.jpg

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!! On your beautiful ring, your Anniversary and deservedly being featured in #JOTW What a story : )
She's stunning!!! I love the octagon, it's perfect on your finger.
Amy/DK and Alex sound like wonderful people to work with too.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning ring! I have a soft spot for octagonal bezels and yours just hit it out of the park! And those videos...it must be hard to focus when you are driving!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
JOTW just blows my mind, y'all. Truly icing on the cake!

@maita13 thank you...if only you knew how many cads and revisions it took...oy vay

@elizat Thank you!

@EmeraldEmpress I love working with DKJ, they are truly wonderful, and it's just gotten better with each project, large or small. Highly recommend!

@elle_71125 love the fireworks, thank you!

@Alexiszoe I have always loved octagons too :)

@caolsen Alex sells great stones, so I'm not surprised!

20200229_180453.gif

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with OECs a few years ago, and dreamt of having real one "someday". And as I admired them on others , over time, I found myself drawn to the warmer stones, the "cape" colors...m, n,and down the line. To me there's something so magical and romantic in their soft warm hues.

The "new diamond" talk started at my house sometime last year, (instigated by him, if you can believe it!)
But shortly after our 25th anniversary last year, I began really looking.
This was truly so exciting for me, as I had sold my MRB 10 years before, and with raising kids , etc, a new diamond had been on the back burner a long time!
As I began looking, I realized I needed some guidance, so I started a PS thread seeking help, not sure what to make of table size and depth, etc in the oec cut.

I saw an IG post by Alex Parks back in August, a listing for 2 N color oecs...he was selling as a 7 carat pair. One of the stones caught my eye immediately, such beautiful flowery facets, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine...she would be the one! That IG post was mentioned by another PS member, "ask if he'll split them up" she suggested. That idea had never occurred to me! Maybe he would?
20191103_124655.png
At first he didn't want to split the pair, but Alex finally agreed.
And the GIA 3.51 N Si1 9.31x9.35, 49%table, 65.4% depth...she is mine! Sunny hued, large culet, kozibe effect, chunky facets.....I just love her!
20200207_103338.png
20190921_151719.jpg

I am so thankful to Amy at David Klass for being so patient with me. I had a few ideas but it took us months (and many cads) to get to the final design.
I love art deco, but couldn't decide how to set this stone. Finally went with something a little different for me : an octagon!
Enough backstory! Just wanted to fill you in so you know why this is such a thrilling, and long awaited, big deal for me! My "finally" upgrade!
I picked up the ring in LA on Friday, I will get better pics when I get home!
20200220_222751.png
20200222_102836.jpg

20200222_170513.jpg

Guuuuuurlllll.. it faces up so much whiter than the original photos!! VERY pretty. I love it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results