carat
color
clarity

My FCD Panic

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not making this up.
I was just siting in my bathroom doing my daily duty when I looked down and noticed a pretty but very disturbing flashy red glitter.

Resting in the seam between two floor tiles was what looked exactly like my little red diamond.
How could this be?
The FCDs are safely locked up in the safe deposit box in the bank but they WERE briefly here in our home a few days ago.
Could I have dropped one without noticing?
Am I going senile?
I could have sworn that I counted them when I put them in the bank.

I nearly stopped breathing.
I finished what I was doing, went to get my glasses and picked up a little crystal bead.
My SO does beading, making jewelry.
This one must have gotten carried into the bathroom in the tread of someone's shoe.

Whew, now I can breath.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't even imagine!! I get similar panic attacks when I don't wear my rings to bed. I feel for them and think, "oh dear GOD did they all slip off?!"

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's scary. Glad it was only a bead.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
What's worse? If you mix hobbies, you may place a bead in the safe and drop or toss the FCD. Hope this never happens

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1311444416|2975323 said:
What's worse? If you mix hobbies, you may place a bead in the safe and drop or toss the FCD. Hope this never happens

EEK. :-o

Every time I vacuum the room where he makes bead jewelry I can hear a few beads get sucked up into the vacuum hose.
Now that you said this I'm going to be nervous when I vacuum. ;(

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Kenny,
I would have died if that happened to me. Maybe this scare was a blessing in disguise so that you'll be very very very careful with them in the future. Not that you're not careful now, but one can never be too careful with very expensive, tiny sparkly things. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1311447764|2975368 said:
OMG Kenny,
I would have died if that happened to me. Maybe this scare was a blessing in disguise so that you'll be very very very careful with them in the future. Not that you're not careful now, but one can never be too careful with very expensive, tiny sparkly things. ;))

Yeah, I sometimes consider whacky photography ideas like placing a few in a spider web outside.
The pics would be cool unless some FCDs fell into the lawn below.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1311448603|2975373 said:
TL|1311447764|2975368 said:
OMG Kenny,

Yeah, I sometimes consider whacky photography ideas like placing a few in a spider web outside.
The pics would be cool unless some FCDs fall into the lawn below.
:-o :-o :-o :shock:

Kenny,
I love your photos, but that's simply not worth the risk. I am the kind of person who is terrified to photograph loose stones that are over one carat on my hand. I had a heart attack photographing a loose four carat stone recently. Yours are smaller, and far far more rare and expensive than what I buy.

As my mom would say, "let this be a lesson to you!!" ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

01yn.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:bigsmile:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
:errrr: Ahhhhh! Heart attack material there!!

Just last week, after we got home from our honeymoon, I took my three little FCDs in to show a diamond-partial coworker. In literally a split second, as I glanced away, she had opened their case and tilted them to see them shine. :errrr: One hit the floor in the office and was gone. The three of us that were there dropped on hands and knees to grope around for it. It took almost 10 minutes to find it. I didn't know someone could survive that long wthout a heartbeat, but I did! :sick:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Good lord!! Not the red one!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Please be more careful with your beauties Kenny.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you like your little beauties loose, but this panic is one reason why I don't personally like having loose stones around the house! Perhaps setting them somehow? At least it is a bigger object if set somehow, which seems harder to lose to me.

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
OMG!! I held my breath while reading that post. I can only imagine how your heart was thumping when you saw it..glad to hear it wasn't one of your beauties though.. I don't post much, but love looking over your FCD photo's..

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is quite the stressor...I am laughing pretty hard but I can only imagine how concerned you were for those few moments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results