Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
So sorry.
huge hugs
Thoughts and prayers outgoing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I am sorry for your loss. God bless you and your daughter and your whole family at this time.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take care Deb. I'm so sorry for your loss.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He lived a long life and you were a good daughter to the end. It won't fill the hole in your heart, but take comfort in that if you can.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb
sorry to hear the news, but I'm sure he live a long and happy life. BIG HUGS! for you and your family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I am so sorry your dad died. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Deb.. may his next stop be a joyous one may he forever live in your heart and all hearts as we become one together in the universe. ((DEB))

Kate

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss Deb. And glad that your father's passing was peaceful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry AGBF...sounds like you made sure he had good care in the end.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry for your loss.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss. It's clear that he lived a long life I'm sure made better by your presence in it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Deb. Wishing you strength and peace as you grieve.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, Deb. Thinking of you and your family.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your loss, Deb. My thoughts are with you, your family and all who cared about your dad.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Sorry for your loss. I am happy he had a peaceful end.

Annette

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for your loss.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dear Deb, my heart goes out to you. Even when one knows that a cherished father or mother is not long for this world, I don't think anyone ever is, or can be, truly prepared for the reality of the death and attendant loss.

May the knowledge that you were an extraordinary daughter, who ensured that his later years were as comfortable as possible & imbued with loving attentiviness, bring you a measure of solace and Light.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
BIG hugs for you Deb.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My condolences and hugs to you and your family, there are many people here thinking of you during this difficult time.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Just checking to make sure you are okay. It's so difficult to lose a parent and it doesn't matter if our parents are elderly and we know they lived a wonderful life. I don't think we are ever prepared to lose someone we love. I have been thinking of you all day and hoping you are doing as well as can be expected. Please know we are here for you. Hugs.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Just checking to make sure you are okay. It's so difficult to lose a parent and it doesn't matter if our parents are elderly and we know they lived a wonderful life. I don't think we are ever prepared to lose someone we love. I have been thinking of you all day and hoping you are doing as well as can be expected. Please know we are here for you. Hugs.

I really am OK and I regret not having been up to answering each message that has been posted here individually. I treasure each of them. I am not sure in what ways my life will be affected by the loss of my father. I am sure that they will be legion. The day to day loss of his company, of being able to converse with him about everything that mattered, disappeared months ago however, and gradually. I had time to get used to it, to become numbed to it. Now I hardly remember the days when I used to have someone to whom I could tell my personal problems and with whom I could discuss politics. Once upon a time my parents' living room used to be a room where I could talk to both of them about my personal problems and we could all discuss politics. Sometimes someone would find a cartoon in "The New Yorker" and start to laugh and show it to the other two (or, if my brother was here, the other three). Sometimes something political would really strike my mother as absurd and she would laugh so hard that I would be delighted by it. I am so sorry that she didn't live to be entertained by the madness of Donald Trump. She would be giggling and chortling over cartoons she saw if she were still with us.

Thank you everybody.

Deb

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are the memories to hold on to and really savor. Those sound like really good times!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss, Deb. I wish you the best, always.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Biggest hugs outgoing dear friend.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My deepest condolences, Deb. I haven't checked here in forever and to see a long time member going through such trials brought me to post. ((Hugs))

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how old or how sick, it is still difficult to lose a loved one.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your father. May you take consolation in the fact that he had a good, long life; the care and love you and your daughter gave him were surely a comfort to him in his later years. My condolences to you and your family.

Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, condolences on the loss of your father. It's never easy losing a parent. But, wow, 96!?! (((Hugs)) to you and your family.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending sincere condolences from the entire DBL team.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deb,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know what a terrific caregiver you were to your Dad. I am glad he passed away peacefully at home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Sending you big big hugs!!! xoxo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results