shape
carat
color
clarity

My family heirloom....4 stone, 1930s OEC cluster

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
My mom just inherited a boatload of jewelry from my late Aunt's estate....and my Mom offered me a choice of her rings (as I've nursed my Mom thru a number of medical crises over the last 10 years).

I am lucky to be the new steward to a 4 stone, 1930s OEC cluster ring. I'm still awaiting the final appraisal, but IIRC, each main stone is approx 1/2 a carat, surrounded by 20 smaller diamonds. All diamonds from the same period. Total weight just over 3 carats. Pics don't do it justice, this little baby sparkles. Plus, it looks great on my fat fingers and is easy to wear due to its low setting.

So much for those $35k, 5ct, 3 stone monsters I tried on....I'll take this little piece of history from my Great Aunt.

20191220_210158[1].jpg 20191220_210227[1].jpg 20191220_210308[1].jpg 20191220_210234[1].jpg

Oh, and sorry for the lousy pics :)

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and what a history! Imagine all the world events it has survived. Congrats on being its new steward!

Q

Queenie60

Such a gorgeous ring. Congratulations.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
The history just makes it sparkle brighter. I adore the low profile, wear in good health

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely. How wonderful to have a special family piece.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love it
and i love that your mum gifted to do you now rather than left it go you latter on
so she can see how much you enjoy wearing it
its very beautiful

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring rich with history! @TechieTechie congratulations and enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful!!! Love that it is a family heirloom!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So nice! Both the ring and to have a family heirloom!

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I love it.

My Great Aunt was a nurse in WWII (stationed in CA) and her husband was in the Marines (stationed in the Pacific) and was a steward at the VJ day signing. So they survived the war together...which is pretty amazing. And, I suspect she got this just after WWII. But my Mom never asked her, so it's family legend now.

I'm beginning to realize that for everyday wear, big rocks in high settings are just not for me. I'm not a fan of yellow gold at all, but since the setting is so intricate, I just can't bring myself to change it. Only thing left for me to do is to treasure it (and not kill it!).

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a treasure! It looks beautiful on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful, and what an amazing piece of history. So glad you're not changing it, it's perfect as is. And you can't even really detect the YG. Enjoy this precious heirloom!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful treasure!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It does look awesome on you! I love horizontal coverage, it is so low key to wear and looks so flattering. Plus, OECs, antiques and especially family heirloom jewelry are so amazing and special.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring and the story behind it! Enjoy and treasure it! It is Beautiful on you!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your inherited ring and it looks perfect on you. It is fabulous and wonderful to have a piece of family history you can enjoy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and the family history makes it priceless! Enjoy that beauty!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it! And the history & sentimentality behind it cannot be bought at a jewellery shop - this one is priceless. It looks lovely on you & yes, it absolutely trumps the modern day equivalents. The 18ct gold they used then was SO rich & buttery - I have a few inherited pieces from the Art Deco era & you just can't recreate it. Love!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and the fact it has been passed down and has emotional meaning makes it that much more special!!!

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Love jewelry that has meaning and history!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have to repeat what everyone else said...the ring is gorgeous and even more special since it's a family heirloom! I hope my daughters and granddaughters will feel the way about my jewelry as you do about this beautiful ring!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you earned this gorgeous and unique ring. It looks great on your hand - wear it with pride.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results