shape
carat
color
clarity

My Family/Generational Ring is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
I've been wearing a daughter's pride ring since I was 9 years old (haven't taken it off in 21 years tomorrow!), but I've been wanting to upgrade to a family ring to include dh and our boys in my ring... I didn't want to get rid of my parents stones though since they've been with me so long. I was looking at doing all six of the stones flush mount and scattered in a band and then did a little more thinking. I know as I add to my family over the years, I'll want to add more stones... so we decided to represent all the birth months in an eternity band as a family/generational band. That way no matter who we add to the family, they will be represented on the ring. If I include my immediate family (dh & the boys) and my immediate family growing up, then we have 11 of the 12 months covered already anyway. There was only room for 10 gemstones on the ring (the diamonds are April), so technically I'm missing one month... but June can traditionally be an Emerald, so June and May are sharing... because it works for me.
2.gif
9.gif

My ring came in tonight... we designed it back in November. It's gorgeous and I love it!
36.gif

Alternating rounds and squares eternity band in 19kt white gold... thanks to Geckodani who posted the link/photo of the cast. The rounds are all 3pt brilliant cut diamonds. The squares are all 5pt step cut gemstones... I just told them carre/asscher/baguette, as long as it was a step cut. They weren't sure if they could do step cuts, so I also said a princess would be fine, but these look like step cuts to me.
18.gif
The Gemstones are (in order) Red Garnet, Orange Sapphire, Peridot, Pink Sapphire, Amethyst, Blue Topaz, Ruby, Aquamarine, Emerald, and a Blue Sapphire.

Just some quick pics tonight as I don't have any nice lighting... hopefully tomorrow will be sunny out and I can get some good pictures.
1.gif

FGRing2009.JPG

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Another pic...

FGR2 09.JPG

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
One more... for now.

FGR3 09.JPG

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I like that ring! What vendor did you get it from?

Lets see the blue stone and the other side!!

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
The stones are really not showing up well in this lighting... I promise I''ll be back with more photos going around the entire ring once it''s light out.

I tried two vendors through here, but neither would do it for me because of some of the stones I wanted in it... so I ended up having it done locally by the same company that did my wedding re-set... People''s (aka Mappins/Zales). I took them a picture of the casting and told them what I wanted done.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - i puffy heart
30.gif
your ring, and want one just like it! it''s so cool!!!! can''t wait to see more pics!!!!!!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! It looks great! And what a sweet sentiment behind it too! I can''t wait to see more pics - from the teasers it looks stupendous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring! I can't wait for more pics. It looks gorgeous, and it will be such a wonderful heirloom.

ETA: What is a daughter's pride ring?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. I really like it.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea.... very pretty!
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and pretty! We could use some more photos though
1.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Just awesome! So unique....I love, love, love it!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhh... I love it! Is it an eternity?

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , finally something different. What a beautiful ring, and a wonderful sentimental piece. Enjoy!!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
What a special piece of jewelry! It''s lovely! We''d love to see more pics once you get the chance!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool idea!
36.gif
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
What a cool ring!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I read more than post these days, but I had to chime in to tell you how much I ADORE your ring! You must be absolutely delighted to have had it come out so lovely!!! It''s beautiful!
18.gif

I too would like to know what a daughter''s pride ring is? I have never heard of it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
so pretty! What a lovely idea.

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the compliments everyone!

A daughter''s pride ring is a ring given by parents to their daughter. It has three stones... mom''s birthstone, daughter''s birthstone in the middle, and father''s birthstone.

Mine was a center heart with a garnet in it (my birthstone) and two hearts joined to the center heart with my parents birthstones (Sapphire and Diamond). It was set in yellow gold and I''ve been wearing it since I was 9 (21 years ago today!).

DPR09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
You asked for more pictures and I went a little crazy... hope you don''t get bored.

First up... all three of my new pretties together! I apologize, but for some reason I just can not a take a picture without having at least one piece of fuzz/hair attached to my center diamond.
38.gif

FGRAll3Babies09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Peridot, Orange Sapphire, Garnet

FGRPOG09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Blue Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine

FGRSEA09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Aquamarine, Ruby, Blue Topaz

FGRARB09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Amethyst, Pink Sapphire, Peridot

FGRAPP09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Peridot

FGRPeridot09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Orange Sapphire

FGROrange Sapphire09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Garnet

FGRGarnet09.jpg

CDNTech

Rough_Rock
Blue Sapphire

FGRSapphire09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results