shape
carat
color
clarity

My Face to Face with Internet Vendors in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Living in NYC I was awarded the opportunity by various internet venders to actually see the diamonds vs. just reading specs on the internet. I had made appointments with 2venders, EngagementRingsDirect-Mark and USA Cert (their wholesaler here in NY)-Nissan. They were exceptional venders and would recommend them to anyone.

EngagementRingsDirect-There is not enough good things that I can say about this man. He just went above and beyond in every facet of my search. He responded to my emails in a very timely manner, answered all my in office questions with a great deal of knowledge and patience (and believe me I ask a lot of questions
rolleyes.gif
). I simply called him with certain specs and he delivered with just his "eye" for a stone. He does not have all the tools to really dissect a stone but that is why his prices are such AND he was able to run a sarin test on a stone that I was interested in (and now bought).

USA Cert-Martin is extremely personable very proactive as he called me the day after looking at the stones and extremely timely with emails. He directed me to their wholesaler here and they basically handed me all loose stones in my range and let me "play" away.

It basically came down to 2 stones in the end and to me (and the forum
rodent.gif
). The stone I purchased won out. It was/is just gorgeous both in person and number wise. Between the 2 1.7 G VS1's this one just had the larger spread and numbers. Mark was able to find this stone for me just "by knowing what I was looking for" and that astounds me. He did a great job. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

I don't know how to put into words how terrific this vender is and has been. Mark has been absolutely incredible and helpful in helping me find my ideal stone. Not only has he won me over but even a friend that had come with me once. He truly has a great understanding as well as experience in this field. His expertise in the field paired with his just being genuinely nice person makes him a terrific vender.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I completely 100% agree with you about Mark- he's a delight & a treasure!

I've been wanting to post my own tribute to Mark on behalf of my fiance & myself but haven't yet taken any pics of the GORGEOUS E-ring he *created* for me. (didn't want to tease the nice PS folks by saying i've got my ring but noo pics for you!)
2.gif

Your post is very well-said, Novice. I'm so glad you found what you were looking for and had such a pleasant experience!
1.gif

madmarlin

Rough_Rock
Let me second the notion on how good Mark is. I posted earlier about my experience with him, so I won't rehash it here. Just safe to say that he really helped me through it all.

Hopefully, soon, I will post some pics of the ring. The stone is an upgrade for the 10th anniversary. I've been sitting on it for almost a month now, and the anniversary is still a month away. Too tough!!!!!

A big congrats on your purchase!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
that's so great! I was on their site a ways back and liked what I saw....can I ask you some qs please?
1.gif
Did you have to pay to have the stones shipped to them? I really think that the eye is the best tool we have btw! Sounds like you got a great stone! Congrats!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I work in NYC & asked to see a particular stone.
And I luved it but wanted to compare it to a few others so I told Mark what specifically i was looking for & he got me a few other stones to look at that matched my criteria.
He did not charge me to ship the stones to his office- he stood by the price(s) listed online.
It was a truly great experience dealing with Mark after the debacle i'd previously gone thru w another (non-PS) internet vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results