shape
carat
color
clarity

My fabulous Ethiopian Opal Pendant!!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
Here's my new pendant, I picked it up this morning. I absolutely love it! :appl: This is a week-early "to me, from me" birthday gift! The Ethiopian Opal is 3.08 carats from Multicolour. It was made in the same "spirit" as my Ethiopian Opal ring, but it is not a match, per se. 1 pear cabochon opal, 14kt Rose Gold, 5 diamonds - I didn't ask the ctw - oops!

Photo 1: office light
Photo 2: profile view, notice the pretty swoopy lines of the frame. Also, this is very cool, the pendant is "reversible" because my designer cut holes for the chain on both the top and the bottom. It looks good worn in either direction. It could even be side-to-side if seeing a bit of the chain wouldn't bother me
Photo 3: natural sun light through my office window. I'll get more sunlight/fire photos. I had to snap this one quickly before my co-workers noticed me taking random pictures of my neck!!!

Here's the link to my ring: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fabulous-ethiopian-opal-ring.172608/#p3139374']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fabulous-ethiopian-opal-ring.172608/#p3139374[/URL]

And, yes, of course, there will eventually be a pair of earrings, too. :tongue:

OpalPendant.jpg

Opal_SideView.jpg

Opal_SunWindow.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I just *love* that swirly, flowing design.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. I love the look of the pendant as it can be worn with jeans or black tie. Very nice!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh!!! yummy!!! :lickout: That's very impressive! Awesome stone - love the colour changes in the different lighting - good call with the RG! Don't you love the "me to me" gifts??? The receiver is ALWAYS happy with what the giver has given!!! ;))

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet - I am obsessed with flow-y filagree! It's like I can't get enough of it. Pendants, rings, ahhhh, so much filagree, so little time!

Sarahbear - Thanks! It is easy to dress it up or just wear it casually. I'm wearing it with a nice work-appropriate outfit today and it feels just right

MakingTheGrade - Thanks! I am enjoying it!

Enerchi - oh, yes. My DH and I pretty much do the "to me, from me" gifts. Sometimes I'll say, "look at what you got me for my birthday, isn't it lovely?!" He does the same to me. That and the copious use of specific wish lists ensure perfect gifts for every occasion!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1339169047|3211839 said:
..........Sometimes I'll say, "look at what you got me for my birthday, isn't it lovely?!" He does the same to me. ....quote]

we do this for christmas, too.

lovely pendant. the ring and pendant with earrings will make a lovely set.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect call with the rose gold. That really is a gorgeous statement piece. You've probably already said, but who is the designer?

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Courtney P. at Aurum Studios in Athens, GA is the designer. She made my opal ring, too, of course. Actually, she has designed the majority of the pieces that I have had custom-made. She is very talented and absolutely a perfectionist!!! I've never once been disappointed by anything she's made for me or anything that is in her portfolio. Truly an outstanding artist.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like how it glows! A beauty! Looks very well on your neck!

Off-topic, but did this jeweler make the ring in your avatar?

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Arkteia, No, Courtney didn't make the tanzanite ring in my avatar, but I did buy that ring out of the case at Aurum Studios where Courtney works. I now have 3 pendants, one ring, and a bar pin all handmade by Courtney and many more projects in the pipeline for her. :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty! I love the glow from the opal.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love:

Beautiful, and has great presence. AND it's reversible! AND there will be earrings to come, for a full set! Awesomeness .

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW that is beautiful! And I thought I didn't even really like opals!! Just gorgeous - wear it with much happiness. Congratulations!!

melave

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, that is gorgeous!!!! I love your pendant and ring! I can't wait to see the earrings :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and delicate, yet such a statement piece of jewellery.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Love the rose gold. :appl: Wear in health and happiness!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with me wearing it the other-way-up. My DH calls this the "alternate universe" view. 8-)

This photo was taken in incandescent light in my home

OtherWay.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I looked at the papers - the 5 melee are .10ctw, 1.7mm round each, G-H/VS2, the opal is 3.08 carats, 15.7 x 9.85 mm cabochon, to give you a sense of size.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it upside down!!! It's so cool that way - unique and sort of looks like a happy exclamation point (!) Love it that way!! :bigsmile: :appl:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi - ha! I love that! I am enjoying wearing it in both directions, I kind of switch off day to day.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Got a great sun-induced play of color shot today!!!

OpalSun.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely picture - I know lightplay or colour play in opals can be difficult to capture on camera.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results