shape
carat
color
clarity

My eternity band arrived-I''m thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:27:10 AM
Author: snlee
justjulia, your new eternity band is gorgeous! more pictures please!
36.gif
Thanks-I got up and went out to snap some pictures. I''m embarassed at how bad I am at it. Will post soon.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:29:57 AM
Author: bling*diva*
~~It''s sooo perfect!!! It looks great w/ the studs too!!
2.gif
Bling*Diva*, It''s amazing how when you see it you know it-kind of thing. Too bad I had to bring each home to find out, ha. Well, if you can''t have fun in this life, what is the purpose? Just glad I have one set of ears... lol

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:53:01 AM
Author: puddy
ooh that is an incredible ring!

what''s the difference between eternity ring and wedding ring or is there none?

where did you get it from?
Well, as far as I understand it, it''s a preference thing. A style, if you will. I see that some people choose a wedding band with diamonds all the way around because they like the look, to accompany their engagement ring. Some people get an eternity band as a later anniversary gift, to wear at ring #3 with the original engagement ring and wedding ring. Some people get an eternity band and wear it on the other hand. For me, I had an engagement ring and wedding band and decided to forego them both and replace with a single eternity band. I''m probably older than most people here, and it sort of fits where I''m at at this point. I know this is going to sound strange, but my clients are very well off but my colleagues are not (private school), and I think this helps me blend in with both worlds. Can you see where I''m coming from? Anyway, I think the bottom line is that you do what makes you happy. I got my jewelry from Shane Company. I hate to sound advertisey, and I''m really not trying to. They have been good to deal with, and we started with them way before I knew about Pricescope. I''m thrilled with my purchases.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 2:22:50 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Oh my...........it''s AWESOME!!! I love that ring! Please, can we get closer-up shots form different angles? You know that you''re dealing with a bunch of diamond-**** addicts, don''t you? Those earrings are gorgeous too....lucky lady!
And what would I do without you??! I got up this am, went out and took pics...darn they are awful. The sun isn''t out really, yet, so I''ll keep trying. I have to laugh because I went to put the ring on a weed (a pretty weed) and the plant put out this sticky toxic stuff that coated my hand- I thought, this is nuts.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the thread where JJ discussed the decision process.

That was my first try at inserting a hyperlink. Hope it works.

JJ- I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

I was the dufus who thought you'd be getting an eternity ring with .33 sized rocks all the way around.
I am realizing that my own eternity ring is about 2 carats and it's best paired with a solitaire.
I absolutley agree that your 3 carat ring is perfect do the solo thing.

It looks absolutley amazing!

You are giving me ideas!

(eta: I am 49, so you are a baby!!!)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 2:44:16 AM
Author: tawn

Date: 6/22/2006 8:53:16 PM
Author: justjulia
Tawn,
I was SO stressed about this coming in today. I kept calling dh to see if it had arrived and it came like a minute before predicted. I was afraid the whole thing would fall through and I''d have to start over.
Well, you did have an exceptionally long wait...which makes you paranoid about it never arriving! Then, you get it and you''re almost scared to open it!

I''m glad to hear that it''s comfy for you! My eternity band is so tiny that my wide E-ring band hits my other fingers first...but I have an engraved band that irritated the heck out of my fingers for the longest time!

I can''t wait for more (lots more) pictures! Do you have a magnifying glass yet? That was the only way I could get a halfway decent pic with my old camera....
Tawn, Doggone it-where is dh''s magnifying glass???????? You will have me tearing through kitchen drawers in a sec.....
Yes, I really kept telling myself not to get my hopes up, bc it would surely not come. Then, I told myself not to expect too much- you know how you drum up mental images and then wonder how in the world you could have imagined it to look like it doesn''t...but I was pleasantly surprised. I had googled to death trying to find what these size stones might look like-funny how we need a hand shot to wrap our brains around it. I think your eternity band is beautiful. The purpose is to catch the light and bring it on in where it counts, to your wedding set (which you were proposed to with, right?). I don''t have the sentiment of having my originals as we always knew what we had was temporary. (Although I''d kill for that beautiful spiral ivory ring right now-always thought I''d have the spirals filled in with gold back home--such is life--). But that''s what happens when you meet your future husband a couple of weeks before leaving the country on a blind date and they guy proposes on the phone and flies over- sold everything he had to pay for phone bills over the yr it took to settle things at home and come over-looooong story.) I''m a foxy forty something year old and can get away with this kind of band (laughing at myself)-it only took me 22 years of marriage to get here. Keep me posted on what you do from here--are you seriously considering adding another eternity band?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 3:51:03 AM
Author: whatmeworry
you''re right. WOWZA !!!
6.gif
1.gif
9.gif
1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 8:32:28 AM
Author: dbgaap
Here is the thread where JJ discussed the decision process.

That was my first try at inserting a hyperlink. Hope it works.

JJ- I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

I was the dufus who thought you''d be getting an eternity ring with .33 sized rocks all the way around.
I am realizing that my own eternity ring is about 2 carats and it''s best paired with a solitaire.
I absolutley agree that your 3 carat ring is perfect do the solo thing.

It looks absolutley amazing!

You are giving me ideas!

(eta: I am 49, so you are a baby!!!)
dbgaap-hey, I have learned so much with this process--I kept reading point this and point that, and finally put it all together and cracked the code on stone size for .16. It was an eurkea moment for my airheaded self. I think 2 ctw eternity, from the pictures I''ve googled, would look fantastic with a solitaire. My 3ctw would in all honesty look a little fakey on me if I added another ring to it. Btw, you are no dufus-you helped me tremendously.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Here are some pictures... maybe you can see the sides Mara? I think I need to do what Tawn suggested and find a magnifying glass.

cloverps.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Another...

clover6woodforps.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
More...

clover7cementforps.JPG

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, another... I have a strawberry pot with herbs on my porch and when the wind blows I get a wonderful blend of smells, rosemary,....

clover9herbforps.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JJ, there are a number of us close to the age that dbgap mentioned, so by no means think you are the oldest!

I can't tell from the pictures, but are your stones set in heart-shaped baskets? I like it that there isn't so much metal. I also agree that the 3 cts. is perfect to wear alone as a wedding/annivesary band. I'd like to have one TOO!!! Oh, and I can so relate to your situation as I work in a school as well. I come on here where people are talking about 2+ carat diamonds but in my reality, most people around me wear smaller than a carat! It makes me very indecisive!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 8:47:51 AM
dbgaap-hey, I have learned so much with this process--I kept reading point this and point that, and finally put it all together and cracked the code on stone size for .16. It was an eurkea moment for my airheaded self. I think 2 ctw eternity, from the pictures I''ve googled, would look fantastic with a solitaire. My 3ctw would in all honesty look a little fakey on me if I added another ring to it. Btw, you are no dufus-you helped me tremendously.

Yeah, by telling you I am even older than you
9.gif

Seriously, I LOVE the look!
I feel you achieved your goal to create a look of "I have arrived. I am comfortable with myself."

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 9:08:48 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
JJ, there are a number of us close to the age that dbgap mentioned, so by no means think you are the oldest!

I can''t tell from the pictures, but are your stones set in heart-shaped baskets? I like it that there isn''t so much metal. I also agree that the 3 cts. is perfect to wear alone as a wedding/annivesary band. I''d like to have one TOO!!! Oh, and I can so relate to your situation as I work in a school as well. I come on here where people are talking about 2+ carat diamonds but in my reality, most people around me wear smaller than a carat! It makes me very indecisive!
I guess that is a good way to describe it-heart shaped baskets. There''s a little space between the bottom of each heart and the next heart and they all join at the tops, shared prong. You will have to educate me on the right terminology--I like how the diamonds show up from the side-you can see them between the heart dips and over the heart tips, if that makes sense. Is it legal to post a manufacturer''s picture?

mindchanger

Rough_Rock
JustJulia,
It is perfect. I love the look on you. And I am so glad to hear that you love it.

I have been following this thread because after long consideration on a re-set I have arrived to the same conclusion myself that I''d be happier with just a beautiful band. It is simple/classic but still blingy enough to satisfy the diamond lust bug. In lieu of diamond studs, I am going for a fabulous watch. I''ve narrowed down to two watches but haven''t fully decided.

On a broader note, I must admit that this is a very supportive and honest crowd. Your story is a great example.

Sure wish all women were this way to each other. (Hmmm, this diamond lust thing may be expensive but maybe it is a sign of a great, caring woman! Not meant to exclude the male posters here.) While I am more of a lurker here, I am very impressed with the participants. You all really make this site pro-consumer.

I have ordered a 4mm shared prong band from SP and it should arrive in the next week or so. I hope I am as thrilled as you are and this saga can be put to rest.

Enjoy!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 9:35:11 AM
Author: mindchanger
JustJulia,
It is perfect. I love the look on you. And I am so glad to hear that you love it.

I have been following this thread because after long consideration on a re-set I have arrived to the same conclusion myself that I''d be happier with just a beautiful band. It is simple/classic but still blingy enough to satisfy the diamond lust bug. In lieu of diamond studs, I am going for a fabulous watch. I''ve narrowed down to two watches but haven''t fully decided.

On a broader note, I must admit that this is a very supportive and honest crowd. Your story is a great example.

Sure wish all women were this way to each other. (Hmmm, this diamond lust thing may be expensive but maybe it is a sign of a great, caring woman! Not meant to exclude the male posters here.) While I am more of a lurker here, I am very impressed with the participants. You all really make this site pro-consumer.

I have ordered a 4mm shared prong band from SP and it should arrive in the next week or so. I hope I am as thrilled as you are and this saga can be put to rest.

Enjoy!
You put that so well! Saga, it is. Caring women, we are. Awesome people here. I love the idea of the watch--ooooooh-please share your journey. What are the details of what you are looking for? Ok, I''m learning about mm and such-I''ll have to go look at the sp site- Have all kinds of fun!! Keep us posted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We post manufacturers pictures all the time. I think as long as we give credit to where the ring came from, they probably appreciate the free advertising!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 9:09:47 AM
Author: dbgaap

Date: 6/23/2006 8:47:51 AM

Yeah, by telling you I am even older than you
9.gif

Seriously, I LOVE the look!
I feel you achieved your goal to create a look of ''I have arrived. I am comfortable with myself.''
rofl...
Yeah, I feel like this ring is the real deal. I am enjoying how it feels-my old habit of twirling doesn''t matter anymore cause everything appears to stay put.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Hi JJ-

Is there anyway to try and get a close up of just a section of the side? I''m trying to convince my FI on an eternity band but he''s not keen on how the shared prongs look from the side.

Yours is a BEAUTY! What size are you again? I''m thinking somewhere between a 2 and a 3 ctw for a standalone. Thanks!

A

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 9:49:30 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
We post manufacturers pictures all the time. I think as long as we give credit to where the ring came from, they probably appreciate the free advertising!
Ok, here we go.

shaneeternity.jpg

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 9:54:55 AM
Author: scarlet16
Hi JJ-

Is there anyway to try and get a close up of just a section of the side? I''m trying to convince my FI on an eternity band but he''s not keen on how the shared prongs look from the side.

Yours is a BEAUTY! What size are you again? I''m thinking somewhere between a 2 and a 3 ctw for a standalone. Thanks!

A
I chose this one because it is open a lot at the sides. The styles out there seem endless! Theres another popular style where the metal goes all the way up to the tip of the stones, kind of reminds me of a pie pan, but I didn''t want a lot of metal. Mine is platinum, 3ctw, finger size 6. I love Tawn''s idea of using a magnifying glass to take pictures. I''ll try to find one (I think we have one somewhere) and take some side pictures. It was definitely a leap of faith ordering this ring-I wasn''t sure how the heck it would really look in person-manufacturers pictures weren''t cutting it for me. It was hard waiting for it to come! I just knew when I opened it I would be disapointed, but I wasn''t! It''s kind of like buying a house, in retrospect. After you look at enough homes, you get to the point where you pull up in front of "the one" and you just know. Make sure wherever you end up purchasing you have a great return policy-that is the key.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love the new pictures Julia! The diamonds look HUGE and the design is really elegant. I think the look of several smaller stones close together can be just as blingy as one big solitaire and it creates a very sophisticated look in my opinion. (By the way I am older than you too!).

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
It screams GORGEOUS. Love it. Congratulations.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Julia, that ring is just stunning! I love it. The profile is gorgeous and I think you did a great job on the photos! Wow, I love that it''s so "open" on the sides. Gorgeous, wear it with pride! And I love the earrings too. We need more shots of those! Congratulations!!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 10:41:27 AM
Author: Sundial
Love the new pictures Julia! The diamonds look HUGE and the design is really elegant. I think the look of several smaller stones close together can be just as blingy as one big solitaire and it creates a very sophisticated look in my opinion. (By the way I am older than you too!).
Yeah, I think so, too-about having the total bling effect. All the little stars lined up-... like a big smiley face. It''s a cheerful little thing.
16.gif
Makes me smile. (Ya''ll crack me up about age... )

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 10:59:46 AM
Author: MiniMouse
It screams GORGEOUS. Love it. Congratulations.
Thank you MiniMouse!!!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 11:52:24 AM
Author: curlygirl
Julia, that ring is just stunning! I love it. The profile is gorgeous and I think you did a great job on the photos! Wow, I love that it''s so ''open'' on the sides. Gorgeous, wear it with pride! And I love the earrings too. We need more shots of those! Congratulations!!!!
Thanks Curlygirl!!!!! I have to take like 50 photos to get 1 I like, ya know? Oh, and I LOVE the earrings. Perfect size and the cut on them is so much better than the last ones. I still have an appt with the plastic surgeon to get rid of these little extra holes at the end of July. Then I will keep my hair up in a bun and let the bling fly, lol.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band and earrings are georgous! I love the side view of the ring with the hearts!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I JUST LOVE IT. It looks PERFECT on you. And I have started a betting pool amongst my cats & dog as to how soon you want a honker again!
3.gif

Actually I''m totally kidding -- can''t IMAGINE how you won''t LOVE LOVE LOVE this baby! MORE PIX MORE PIX!!! More whole hand shots! It''s so "commanding" without being "in your face" ya know??

Buuuuuhhhhhlllliiinnngg!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results