shape
carat
color
clarity

My ER (input?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 9:31:39 PM
Author: Sfrazier
Does anyone have a recommendation for an appraiser in the SF bay area? Preferably north bay or in SF.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

How much is a good appraisal?
HI:

Anytime, invaluable. Give or take $100 USD.

cheers--Sharon

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do keep us informed about the outcome.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock

I hate to say it but I agree with Paul-Antwerp about the image with the red background. I copied the image and opened it up in Photoshop, zoomed in 200% and it definitely looks like a copy/paste job on the stone. I''ve attached a pic and marked the spots that make me think this. I don''t know if the ring was pictured originally without a center stone, or if they''ve placed this round one over the top of another cut. To my eyes it''s definitely leaning more to the left as well, the stone is not centered at all.

Just for clarification, did they provide you with these pics or did you take them yourself. If you took them, then accept my apologies for thinking it was a fake.

The ring is very pretty, I really hope it is what you thought you were purchasing. Keep us posted.

1.gif

post2~200%.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm let''s try that again....

post2at200.jpg

Sfrazier

Rough_Rock
they took a pic before the diamond was set in the ring. The set the diamond in the ring when i was there watching and already had the picture from when i picked the diamond for the setting.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
When I lived in the Bay Area, Nancy Stacy was the Go-To appraiser.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2008 2:28:11 PM
they took a pic before the diamond was set in the ring. The set the diamond in the ring when i was there watching and already had the picture from when i picked the diamond for the setting.
I don''t get it. The close-up is your picture? Or their picture?

And the close-up is a picture of your stone and setting? Or not?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 2:28:11 PM

Based on this explanation, it sounds to me like they took a picture of an empty setting and then photoshopped in an image of his stone. Which totally explains why the diamond is off center and the line inconsistencies shown in my markup. (Though it still looks like there's another stone under there.)

Is the other picture of the completed ring in the box an original photograph or is it photoshopped as well?

I don't know about the rest of you, but getting a photoshopped image from my jeweler would make me very uneasy.
14.gif
I wonder why they didn't just take a new picture with your diamond mounted?

Sfrazier

Rough_Rock
I went to get the diamond appraised today and everything checked out exactly to the EDL report. Ideal cut round brilliant, vvs1, F color..all the measurements too...NICE! She looked up the wholesale price for a GIA of the same specs and it was 13,500 just for the stone. Mine was 1300 flat for the stone and setting so I am pretty happy. EDL might be semi legit! lol

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 3:33:49 PM
I went to get the diamond appraised today and everything checked out exactly to the EDL report. Ideal cut round brilliant, vvs1, F color..all the measurements too...NICE! She looked up the wholesale price for a GIA of the same specs and it was 13,500 just for the stone. Mine was 1300 flat for the stone and setting so I am pretty happy. EDL might be semi legit! lol
YAY!
36.gif

Good for you, I know everyone here will be pleased with such a positive outcome. Keep us posted on the proposal, and don''t forget the hand shots!!!
1.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news.
36.gif
Congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news, I''m so glad you had it appraised!!! Just to make sure, did you get it appraised by an independent appraiser not affiliated with the jeweler?

Sfrazier

Rough_Rock
lol the jeweler is in Socal...the appraiser works for a lot of shops up in Norcal (where i am). No affiliation ... nice!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am relieved to see that you got independent confirmation.

Live long,

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Great news! I had a moment of panic for you, reading through this thread, but I''m glad it worked out for you in the end. Still, when it''s my turn, I think I might stick with GIA or AGS just to be sure...
2.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. That is a lotta bling.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results