shape
carat
color
clarity

My Engagement & Tiffany Novo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mayflower,

I have a question for you...I read in another one of your posts that you were comparing multiple similar carat weight Novos at Tiffany that your fiance had transferred to the store. Well, at the Tiffany near me, the saleswoman told us she could only call in one ring, which seemed weird. I wish I had seen your thread before that! Anyway, we went with a ring but now I am scared/having buyers remorse. (It is being sized right now so I wont have it for a little bit.) When you were comparing the three rings, did you notice any noticeable size differences between them or did they pretty much look the same? Like will all Novos that are a certain size face up the same? I feel like the one we bought seems smaller than it should but I didnt have a direct comparison to another one that size. It barely looked bigger than one that was 0.23 carats smaller but I''m not sure if that is normal. Argh! Thanks in advance if you answer my paranoid question!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love the Novo, if I were to ever choose a Tiffany ring, that would be it. your stone is gorgeous and looks great on you...please post more pics once you get the ring sized..

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice story! Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is stunning - can''t wait to see more pictures of that beauty!

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning! It''s just what I want too. I just wish Tiffany wasn''t so pricey. When my bf and I went into the store the salesman said that one for around 1 carat would run between $11,000 and $14,000. Is that really true?!

DiamondLover5

Rough_Rock
This is very true, however know that you can get the ring replicated for A LOT less, I mean if you want a Tiffany''s you can''t go wrong, but you are also buying a name so keep this in mind should you have a smaller budget. It is doable for less and can be very beautiful!

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 7:44:13 PM
Author: shellibelle
Your ring is absolutely stunning! It''s just what I want too. I just wish Tiffany wasn''t so pricey. When my bf and I went into the store the salesman said that one for around 1 carat would run between $11,000 and $14,000. Is that really true?!

Hi Shellibelle,

Thank you for the kind words! Its been 3 weeks and I still can''t keep my eyes off it!

With regards to your question, my FI and I looked at several Novos over a few months. From what I saw, yes, that price range you were quoted sounds about right. However, I saw quite a few D-G colored 1ct Novos that exceeded $14,000. I can''t recall the specifics of those rings, but I didn''t dare let my FI go there!

If anyone''s searching for a Novo replica, Ritani does make a similar setting, and Mark Patterson also does some wonderfully delicate micropave!

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 7:19:21 PM
Author: sunnygirl
Hi Mayflower,

I have a question for you...I read in another one of your posts that you were comparing multiple similar carat weight Novos at Tiffany that your fiance had transferred to the store. Well, at the Tiffany near me, the saleswoman told us she could only call in one ring, which seemed weird. I wish I had seen your thread before that! Anyway, we went with a ring but now I am scared/having buyers remorse. (It is being sized right now so I wont have it for a little bit.) When you were comparing the three rings, did you notice any noticeable size differences between them or did they pretty much look the same? Like will all Novos that are a certain size face up the same? I feel like the one we bought seems smaller than it should but I didnt have a direct comparison to another one that size. It barely looked bigger than one that was 0.23 carats smaller but I''m not sure if that is normal. Argh! Thanks in advance if you answer my paranoid question!
Hello Sunnygirl,

Did you and your FI go in with a budget and carat size in mind? This is what my FI did and only 3 rings came close to his parameters. With regards to visual size difference and larger carat size: the bigger you go (more than 1ct), the more difficult it will be to "see" the difference. More carat weight doesn''t always equate to more spread (diameter), especially since cushions are cut deeper than rounds.

You''re having your ring sized? How exciting! You must tell us the story about your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results