shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
This is my engagement ring from 2003. It's a natural, not heat treated, sapphire in a plat setting. And I finally figured out how to take a semi-accurate picture of it! It looks a lot bigger here, although at about 3.5 carats it's a whopper. It's cushion cut and sparkles an amazing amount for a sapphire. It took forever just to locate a sapphire that color. The high-end jeweler in my town told me it didn't exist and Tiffany's told me it would look stupid. I no longer wear it because I hit it on everything and cracked a part of it's very thin girdle
38.gif
. I wanted to share it with everyone because I'm so proud of it. I'm also always looking for new ideas of what to do with it.

Thanks for looking!

yellowr.JPG

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well since you no longer wear it, i could take it off your hands.
2.gif
.lol....could you re-set it into a ring that wouldn''t expose the girdle? maybe a yummy pendant? Its lovely....stats?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful. Reset it, polish it and wear it! I just love it. Do you have any more pics??? Hand shots perhaps?

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I like kcourselle''s idea so that you can keep it as a ring or else putting it into a pendant. That is an absolutely gorgeous sapphire... and huge too!

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
I love the shape and color- very elegant! It''s funny that Tiffany''s said it wouldn''t look good, since now they are selling rings that look quite similar. I''d love to see some hand pics.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely lovely ring and I adore the color in that stone! What a treasure!!!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful sapphire!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I like San Diego Lady''s idea - it would look great with diamonds!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely colour! Have you had a professional look at the damage? Can anything be done? Perhaps a recut? I''m sure some of the Appraisers who post here can be of considerable help. It really is too lovely to not be able to wear...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it is too pretty to not wear it, so look into a pendant or maybe halo it, it would look awesome!

diamondglee

Rough_Rock
That would look so beautiful in the Tiff Legacy....or very similar.....so beautiful.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s a beauty

Beacon

Ideal_Rock

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''d put that lovely thing in a halo, pendant or ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that color and the shape of the stone! I too agree...could you put a thin metal bezel around the stone with a diamond halo? Talk about scrumptious!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy! I think I''d also halo it and put it into either a RHR or pendant! TDF!
30.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with setting it bezel style, maybe east west as a right hand ring. Very pretty. I love all colors of sapphires.
Also, it would look cool with yellow gold prongs against a platinum band, like some yellow diamond rings I''ve seen.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Its georgeous!! I think it would make a beautiful halo pendant!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the yellow color!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
ck, it''s a beautiful stone. I bet Richard Homer could do a recut to die for.

shay

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Colorkitty, I just linked to this thread after looking at your new asscher ring. The asscher rng is gorgeous, and this stone is to-die-for! It''s absolutely beautiful!

I would suggest that you CELEBRATE this stone! You definitely need to change the setting to protect it a little better. In order to wear the ring regularly, the setting should be as low to your finger as possible. Sapphires are hard, 9 on the Mohr''s scale, but this scale is logarithmic, so a diamond is actually MUCH harder and can withstand much more abuse.

A halo would be nice or perhaps you''d consider 2 half moons? I have a pink sapphire ring with half moons set low to my finger, and I haven''t had a problem. Here''s the THREAD.

The color of this sapphire is the best. Sometimes yellow sapphires can have too much brown in them so the color is like, well, you know, #1. This one looks like a canary diamond! Yellow sapphires and diamonds are so popular right now. I''m sure you will love it when you get it reset so it''s wearable. Your hubbie will probably be happy to see you embracing this stone too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results