shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring - Mark T cushion in platinum setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me with this search - I got engaged 3 months ago and I finally got my ring on Saturday! Being in Australia seemed to make the search a little harder and I''ve been addicted to Pricescope trying to find something I absolutely loved.

Huge accolades to Mark Turnowski from Engagementringsdirect. He''s one of the most professional and patient people I''ve ever dealt with - every single question was answered to my satisfaction, every email answered promptly and I truly cannot tell you how much he helped with my search for a cushion. Being in Australia meant I really didn''t want to have to return my stone - I trusted his judgement and the stone I purchased is incredible. It''s absolutely dazzling - the brilliance is beyond what I expected, even though Mark reassured me daily about how "sparkly" my stone was.

I had it set by Phillip from Platinumsmith in Melbourne. His workmanship is fantastic - the ring is exquisitely made. I did have a couple of queries with the final design however I feel that has all been sorted out.

The stone is a .62, F, SI1, ex sym/ex pol - there are 10 .02 (I think) diamonds set into the band. I really really love it and hope you guys enjoy the picture. Once again, anyone looking for a cushion, go to Mark - I''ve never seen another diamond (on Pricescope yes but not around here!) that sparkles just as much as mine!

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
I can''t attach my pics! This is the one time it''d be good to have PMs!!!!! Will have to try again tomorrow

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Try renaming them something like markcushionausring1,2,3 and so on so that you can be sure of an unusual title. I hope you are able to post them soon. You can always ask the moderators and they will help you post. Or if you use AIM you can IM me and I will give you my email address and post them for you.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Hopefully this one works

rubyhandshot2.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Ruby I can see why ya love your ring, it is so lovely! Congrats!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mark T finds the most amazing cushions. It''s gorgeous and philip did a great job on the setting. It''s perfect on you..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
One more, and it is a stunner!!!

collageforrubybonps.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

pssymbolforps.gif

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Any time!
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! I love the setting, very classic and sparkly! I''m glad you had such a good experience with MarkT and your local jeweler!

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
your cushion is gorgeous! I have a cushion too and set in a similar way!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! So glad you got a perfect cushion, and I loooove that setting too!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is just a beautiful ring!!! You must be thrilled with the way it turned out.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone - I posted on here after my first shopping trip to B&M jewellers and was really disappointed...but I never thought I could end up with a ring as gorgeous as this. I am extremely grateful for all the help everyone's given me and all the points in the right direction.

Being in Aus, it's pretty much unheard of (amongst people I know) to buy a stone online and as naughty as it is, I love telling people I had my stone imported from New York!
1.gif

I know in PS terms it's a 'petite'
2.gif
stone but the pics just don't do it justice. We were out for dinner and even my fiance (who didn't play a huge role in the search) commented on how flat and dull another person's diamond was when he compared it with mine...even inside, you need sunglasses
10.gif

We also compared it with a couple of almost 1c rings..and mine still looked larger - I absolutely adore it. Thanks for reading my rave about my ring - I'm sure you all feel the same about yours!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Love the delicacy of your ring! Absolutely gorgeous!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s just gorgeous! Mark sure knows his cushions and the setting is perfect. Congratulations!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I guess with a Mark T cushion and a PlatinumSmith custom ring, you probably can''t go wrong.

Congrats
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous rubybrierley! You and your ''team'' have accomplished a stunning and individual ring. Well done

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope this one is going to show up on the website of ''Platinumsmith'' soon enough.

What a beauty! Congratulations!
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ruby, it''s just gorgeous. Enjoy and congrats!

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful stone and setting! Congradulations and enjoy your ring.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Wow Ruby! It''s beautiful!
9.gif

I am having a smilar style being made up right now and I''m so excited. Seeing your ring made me just that little bit more anxious!!!
11.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, It''s gorgeous!!!!!! Congrats!

FetusStyle

Rough_Rock
The ring is beautiful!

I am in Melbourne and am considering using Platinumsmith for a custom setting. Can I ask how much he charged for your setting?

-B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results