shape
carat
color
clarity

My Ebay OEC + A Singlestone Saturday in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wallermama, I''m so glad it worked out for you - your new diamond is gorgeous, and that setting just shows it off to perfection.

You''re right, it IS nice to hear a happy ending ebay story!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wallermama- Thanks for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it immensely and it sounds like you''ll truly end up with a fabulous ring at the end. I am so jealous that you go to go to Single Stone; I think it must be my dream store.

And ohhh my, the side view of your setting is stunning! Totally drooling......

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love your story, love your ring--many congrats!
36.gif
I hope you post many many more pics!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wallermama,
can you post the seller again, I tried secondhanddiamonds and it doesn''t come up Ebay/

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your story and sorry about your ring. eta: GORGEOUS RING
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to the completed ring
36.gif

I''ve purchased 13 diamonds from eBay, everything from .20 to 1.50 and I''ve never been burned (only 1 return). I don''t do "no return" sellers though.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/3/2009 3:22:15 PM
Author: wallermama
OK, that is HILARIOUS. I told him he should put those stickers they add to windows to decrease bird deaths. Or Grace headbumps!

Date: 3/3/2009 1:27:51 PM

Author: HeartingDiamonds

Date: 3/3/2009 2:14:01 AM

Author: wallermama

The case of eternity bands would have made you all faint. In fact, when Ari sent me out into the hall to look into the case, he warned me about knocking my head into the glass as I looked at the bands.

GUILTY
36.gif
36.gif

Twice, as a matter of fact
6.gif
6.gif
!!

LOL!!
9.gif
9.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Grace Head Bumps??? That''s an excellent idea!! That, or Ari needs to begin supplying his customers a hard hat
3.gif

I love that setting that you picked, btw, and I especially love the profile (one of the reasons why I love it so).

Congratulations on a GREAT diamond find, and having found the one perfect setting for it!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 9:17:30 PM
Author: autumngems
Wallermama,

can you post the seller again, I tried secondhanddiamonds and it doesn''t come up Ebay/

Whoops! She is now named "secondhanddiamond" I accidently made that plural. She just changed it I think... It was Ronald8310 or something generic like that.

I love the 5 stone ring she has (I think it might have been a set with the ring I bought) but don''t need it and can''t afford any more sparklies.

I don''t know if I would ever buy something without a return policy... the less risk-averse part of me is still mad at the crazy risk-taking part of me for that one.
6.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, I hope you had insurance on your asscher.

Anyway, WOW, I mean Really WOW ! ! !
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

All those Single Stone Creations give me the goosebumps. And you got to go there ! Oh, envious.

It''s spectacular.

--

Oh, btw, I loved the brushed/matte finish on your old set. I have a brushed finish on one of mine. It makes the diamond really pop.

Best, Sonoma

blair

Rough_Rock
I just adore the setting you chose - the profile is stunning! You have excellent taste :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming out of lurkdom to say HI WALLERMAMA!
1.gif
I am so, so sorry your gorgeous asscher was stolen. Yours was one of my all-time faves on PS. Looking at your avatar makes me feel all nostalgic for it! And I enjoyed reading about your life update: new job, 2 pups, and of course the kids....your life sounds full, rich, and wonderful!
36.gif

As for the new ring and stone -- niiiiiiiiiice! You know I am such a sucker for old cuts. Love me some disco balls with big fat facets.
18.gif
The setting is just gorgeous (so light! so delicate!) and will show off that honker beautifully. Congratulations, you deserve it!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Wallermama. Love your new setting and can''t wait to see your stone in it! Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your info on the SS visit. I am lusting after several of the SS settings and browse the site regularly. I lost my e-ring in the fall and have the insurance money sitting in the bank. I am going to upgrade at some point but don''t feel comfortable spending the money, plus some, in this economy. When the time comes, however, I will make a trip to see rings in person and try them on. You are right about the limitations of the internet and pictures. Thanks for the report!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I loved reading your story. I am so happy for you!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! WALLERMAMA!!! So good to hear from you (you''ve been terribly missed!) But its certainly bittersweet news, huh? Stolen asscher
7.gif
. Antique ebay find
30.gif
. And Singlestone dreams come true ...
27.gif
9.gif
. Here''s hoping for a lovely end result! And many, many pix!

If I ever had to start fresh it would be a hard decision whether to try to reproduce my existing set exactly -- or go down a route very similar to the one you''ve pursued. Shamelessly copying Surfgirl''s setting also springs to mind.
11.gif
31.gif
3.gif
So I''ll be alert for karma
23.gif

WELCOME BACK & I HOPE YOU''LL STICK AROUND
35.gif

(hello to Kristydarling too -- another well-missed dame)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
WALLERMAMA!!!!!!!!!!! I need to check Rocky Talky more often! I had missed you posting again and missed the whole thing!

I''m so sorry your Asscher was stolen, I absolutely LOVED your ring, but your new ring is just gorgeous! I''m so glad the Ebay purchase worked out for you, and that you certainly seem happy with the new ring!

We''ve missed you around here!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! I''m so rusty I didn''t see your replies.... forgot that I actually had to subscribe to my own thread....sigh.

Yes, I have missed you all, too! It''s been a blur. When I was last around here I was homeschooling my three kids and going a little crazy. Crazy enough to get two corgi puppies within a year of each other, if you want to know *exactly* how crazy I was. Then the two older kids went back to school (two different private schools in San Francisco = zero bling budget for mommy) and the little one started preschool and I started working again. Now I barely have time to think straight. I''m absolutely, totally, wholly insane. Three kids in three schools is a death sentence.

But I can''t tell you how many times all of you have surfaced in my brain... or even in conversation! "Well, I have a friend who did that..." "Which friend, Ellen?" "Well, umm, you wouldn''t know her." Heh heh. Secret lives.

It''s funny to be away for so long and then come back. Dramas to catch up on (I think I have caught up on the references to Ari and copies of a certain person''s ring and a certain person''s reaction to certain people loving her ring
6.gif
) And trends to watch ebb and flow! James Meyer? Who heard of him last go around, and now PS is dripping with beeeeutiful bezels. Crazy.

I was really bummed to miss so many of you at the latest SF get together. I swear I will be there next time. And Kristy, will you forgive my silence and go out to lunch again sometime?

And Deco, whatever happened to that SF trip? I was so excited to meet you and execute our fantasy bling-and-Beard-Papa binge
39.gif

Thanks for weighing in guys! It helps pass the time. I wish you all could have fit into my white rental mustang to join me on my crazed drive across the desert to see Ari and his baubles. We would have been a very entertaining bunch indeed.

If there was one thing I could beam into your collective brains, it was the sight of an entire window section filled 100% with eternity bands. I played and played and played. I picked my dream stack; Ari has a great eye for mix-and-match ring sets. I kept trying to force a perfect match--a wedding band that seemed "made" for the e-ring I was getting, and he was like, "nooooooo!" He felt that matchy matchy would take away from both the ering and the band and he was totally right. I ended up loving a french cut band that alternated with angled square cuts, and a tiny pave band after that. NEVER would have paired them up but he was zipping around, grabbing things, asking Patti to grab things by rattling off their item numbers, "Give me the jwka53675h and the 214k3hks and the akldhf," and ta da! He was holding the stack on his pinky finger and it was a total yesssssssssssss moment.

Sorry for going on and on... but I wish you all could go there so I have to keep telling you what it was like so you can live vicariously.
12.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wallermama, it sounds like you had a fantastic time and the ring is simply gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the finished ring on your hand.
36.gif
I''m so sorry your asscher was stolen but you now have a beautiful replacement!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That''s great, wallermama!!!!! I really cant wait to see what you''ve picked out.....I know its just going to be GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
your new ring is going to be GORGEOUS! I''m a vintage fan..this will be amazing! Can''t wait to see pics

blair

Rough_Rock
Can''t wait to see the pics of your gorgeous ring!

coral

Rough_Rock
Wallermama- have you received this stunning ring yet? If so, I would love to see some pictures of it! Trying to make a decision about getting a ring from singlestone myself....
3.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Its great to see you back wallermama
1.gif
I really hope you can make it to our upcoming NorCal GTG - we''re going to the Tiffany/Lalique/Faberge exhibit at the Palace of the Legion of Honor on May 16th
9.gif

blair

Rough_Rock
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results