clarity

#TBT MY EARRINGS!!! Custom handmade 1.56ctw OECs! Plat & RG

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Wow YT! Those are amazing earrings :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

PS. You're a cutie patootie too :D

D

Deactivated member 42515

GemFever- Thanks! The size whore in me wants bigger but they're a good everyday size right?

Mayk- Well thank you very much my dear!

Enerchi- Where is your DH? I went to the airport to pick him up but he never showed!

missy- I have a better idea missy! You say they go so well with your ering! Send your ring to me! I would have to send two pieces, but you only need to send me one. You know, I am open to adopting another OEC.

Smith1942- Thanks! I was going for something unique!

ariel144- Thank you! so much!

valmanin- Thank you! I think it's time for you to get some unique studs of your own! :)

DS- Thank you so much!

woofmama- Thank you! HA! My photography skills! I'm so mediocre compared to some of the amazing talent we have here! But thanks!

bright ice- Thank you for the compliment! I keep trying to see myself in the mirror sideways so I can get a sense of the size but my head doesn't turn that way. :lol:

hoover- Aren't you a sweetie! You're a cutie too!

D

Deactivated member 42515

When I got my appraisal, I also found out that the stones are actually .79 each and they are K VS1 and an L VS2. But I may be switching the clarity...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG YT!!!!!!!! Your pics were fabulous on my phone and my phone did NOT do them justice :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

(and I didn't get them all - we will have words about that)

That profile is absolutely GORGEOUS!! There's a lot going on but it doesn't look busy or overwhelming at all - all the details are nicely spaced out and you still focus on the centerstones first and foremost. I didn't realise that you'd be able to see the rose gold additions face-up between the prongs from the first pics... I'd probably have hesitated if I'd known but, well, I guess it's proof of "sometimes the designer just knows" :cheeky: it turned out really, really beautifully, the splash of colour in the face-up outline and that starburst pattern they make with the prongs ::) Actually the prongs look a bit MWM-esque to me - the short, wide halves coming to that precise wide-angled corner to make the "heart"...

They look very well-made too - Barrett did an awesome job! And they're perfect in your ears :appl: I can't wait to see them in a few days!!!

And I rather suspect Mr. Barrett Salzmann just hopped onto the communal PS radar thanks to this thread ::)

Okay, I just gotta say again how much I LOVE that you went all out on these settings! I think most people would rather splurge on the obvious but you did exactly the opposite - you chose to invest in the settings, and you valued the sorts of details that only the wearer can truly appreciate - and that's what makes them so special IMO, way more so than giant perfectly-matched D/IFs in StockSetting101s :devil:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why aren't my poofy heart smileys showing up?
There were a bunch. Promise.
::)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
This are fabulous! I love how you've created custom studs that no one else will have...they look great on you!!! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: MY EARRINGS!!! Custom handmade 1.56ctw OECs! Plat & RG

Yssie said:
Why aren't my poofy heart smileys showing up?
There were a bunch. Promise.
::)
Mmm hmmm, empty promises! Where are my promised poofy hearts??? If I can't see them, it means they were never there! :)

Thanks for the kind words yssie! And ummm.... As for the missing pictures I never sent you... I wanted the umm... element of surprise? Yea! That's it! It's not because I forgot to text it to you before! Hahaha

Barrett's workmanship is amazing huh? He really takes pride in his work and still believes that jewelry is an art form! He's awesome!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh and I wouldn't mind some huge perfectly matched D/IFs either. I expect them in Vegas when I see you.

D

Deactivated member 42515

FancyPantsSparkles said:
This are fabulous! I love how you've created custom studs that no one else will have...they look great on you!!! :appl:
Thank you! I love that they are one of a kind too!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and those settings!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous earrings!! I love how you incorporated rose gold in the settings. So pretty! :love:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting! And the size is perfect for frequent wear!

D

Deactivated member 42515

AnneH, Portia and Sortmon, sorry I never responded!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really do love them! I only wish I could see them! Like when I go outside into the sunlight or go to Home Depot :) maybe I should have a mirror permanently attached to my head :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That is super cool. Thanks for sharing all the great work in progress pics. Amazing the amount of workmanship that went into your rings! Congratulations and wear in very good health! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results