shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Aha! It''s a basket setting! Haha, I trying to find out the name for it. Thank you!
3.gif

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 1:33:26 AM
Author: gryffindor
I''ve got a thing for baskets where you can see the culet out of the bottom. Very cool!

....are basket settings popular? I never see them too much.. maybe it''s just me?

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 7:40:07 PM
Author: Daisi2112
What is the name of the small metal part that wraps around the center stone? Are those common?

Lovely ring! Very feminine!

I think the part you''re talking about is called the "gallery"? (I only found this out yesterday after looking at two different baskets. One was totally open on the sides and the other one had the same structure as yours with the sort of bracing piece going between the prongs. My vendor would refer to them as "the basket with the gallery" or "the basket without the gallery") I was calling it "that metal bracing part in the middle" LOL. I think the whole head (the entire assemblage that attaches to the round ring) is called a basket whether or not it has a gallery. SO many terms!

I went with one with a gallery too for multiple reasons. I think it''s a more "classic" look personally. Very old school "diamond ring" look, you know? Love it! Congrats!

- Jodie -

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:12:38 PM
Author: mausketeer
Date: 1/8/2009 7:40:07 PM

What is the name of the small metal part that wraps around the center stone? Are those common?

Lovely ring! Very feminine!

I think the part you''re talking about is called the ''gallery''? (I only found this out yesterday after looking at two different baskets. One was totally open on the sides and the other one had the same structure as yours with the sort of bracing piece going between the prongs. My vendor would refer to them as ''the basket with the gallery'' or ''the basket without the gallery'') I was calling it ''that metal bracing part in the middle'' LOL. I think the whole head (the entire assemblage that attaches to the round ring) is called a basket whether or not it has a gallery. SO many terms!

I went with one with a gallery too for multiple reasons. I think it''s a more ''classic'' look personally. Very old school ''diamond ring'' look, you know? Love it! Congrats!

- Jodie -

Are those baskets as secure as six prongs?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
your e-ring is simply divine...your FI definitely has some good taste. thank you for sharing and i can''t wait to see what kind of wedding band you''re going to choose!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations it gorgeous!

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 8:19:05 PM

....are basket settings popular? I never see them too much.. maybe it''s just me?

I''m not sure if they''re popular, I''m just drawn to them for some reason. Every setting I stop to take a second look at usually turns out to have a basket, hehe.

I agree with mausketeer, I think that metal bar at the top that encircles your diamond is called the gallery.

My jeweler tells me that the diamond is pretty secure sitting there in the basket and it doesn''t necessarily matter if there are 6 prongs or 4 in terms of security. I think I''ve seen some 6 prong baskets here as well.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I''m glad to know it''s safe! I''m always so paranoid about something happening to the diamond!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and it looks perfect on your hand.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It''s a beautiful ring. (Psst...you made me do a double take because my ring is in the same exact style box-I''m sure it''s not uncommon, but before I could notice your ring, I was all, hey! She has the same ring house as me :)

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Same box? Oh cool! Where did you get yours?

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congrats.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
MC -- is that your kitty? So cute!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations your ring is absolutely gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
Your stone is amazing! Gorgeous ring!!
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! Congratulations!

eagle

Rough_Rock
Where did he get the ring from? I really like the setting and am interested in finding something very similar.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 1:24:23 AM
Author: eagle
Where did he get the ring from? I really like the setting and am interested in finding something very similar.

Thank you!! My fiance got it custom made from "Lindsay Daniels Wolf" -- gorgeous piece of jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results