shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress, my dress, my dressssss!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
You guys are seriously the best. Thank you so much for all your sweet comments. You''re making me blush!
6.gif
2.gif

Not sure if the bridal salon has petticoats--didn''t see any, but I can email to ask. In the meantime, I think I will scope out eBay. Especially since two petticoat rentals (for each wedding) would probably come to the cost of one from eBay anyway, right?
27.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! It is exactly the sort of dress I looked high and low for, so I think it is perfect! Very romantic, very traditional, and very flattering on you. You are going to look amazing on your w-day.

BTW, my salon lady talked me into a full floor length, one layer veil to compliment my ''similiar to yours'' dress - - and it really was the best choice. (DH loved the veil!) Being one layer, it did not obscure the details on the back of the dress, but the length just added more romance.

I''m so delighted for you! It really is a gorgeous gown.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dress is gorgeous and romantic and it looks wonderful on you. You are going to be a beautiful bride!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
GWENNIE- You look STUNNING
30.gif
30.gif

I was soooo excited to see these photos and they''re even better than I expected! You are the total bridal package, my dear. Just gorgeous! J is gonna FLIP!
9.gif
9.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i could not imagine anything more perfect. i adore this dress on you! it is just stunning!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
you look beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
love the dress (the sleeves are tdf!), love the shoes, love the veil!!! gorgeous!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! This dress is amazing on you! And I have always poo-pooed the name plus size, it is ridiculous. How about vivacious, voluptuous, curvy, rubenesque! That lace is seriously gorgeous, I just am in love with those sleeves! I am on the unpopular side of prefering draped dresses as well, but if you love full skirts go for a cheap crinoline from ebay! And your shoes
30.gif
Perfection!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

Gwen you look absolutely bridal in that dress. I
30.gif
it, it''s stunning on you. He''s gonna cry, yep he is.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You look beautiful!!! What a gorgeous dress!!
36.gif
36.gif

Oh you''re cute!!! I love the sleeves (and dress)
30.gif
and shoes
30.gif
and veil
30.gif
thank you for sharing gorgeous!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Gwen you are a vision of loveliness!

I think your dess is elegant with just a hint of romantic femininty. In that dress you have the bearing of an empress!

I would like to see more fullness in the knees to ankels region of the dress, but I''d wait until your bodice is had the proper alterations to make that call.

What about a veil with a touch of lace to match the sleeves - or would that be too matchy-matchy?

Your shoes are very cute.

Love it love it love it!
30.gif

HD

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
wow that dress looks gorgeous on you! I see where you''re talking about that it needs to be let out a bit, but the overall silhouette of the dress is extremely flattering on you
1.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful Gwen and I love the shoes
30.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 6:33:28 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Me laughing as I talked about how much I love this dress.
5.gif

Oh Gwen...I have to share this little story with you. The day before the wedding I asked my husband what kind of dress he thought I might show up in and he said something fitted, wide at the bottom with floaty sleeves. I just showed him this picture and said,

"Is this what you had in mind when you said I might have something with floaty sleeves?"

And he thought it was ME in the picture! Hahaha! He was all,

"You DID try on a dress like that then!!!"

Bless him. I pointed out that it wasn''t me and he was like,

"D''OH! Oh yeah...but look at the smile...if you glance at it , it could be you!"

LOL

He likes the sleeves too!!!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress and you look amazing in it and I love the shoes as well
36.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is perfect for you gwen! Gorgeous!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very beautiful, and looks great on you. I love the sleeves!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful Gwen. And that dress makes you glow! I guess once you find the dress you know it!! I bet you are dying to wear it... and those fabulous shoes!! How long is it now? (sorry I am a bit out of the loop).

ETA It would help if I read your sig at the bottom of your posts!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gwen, you look heavenly in your gorgeous dress....everything is falling into place and I''m so looking forward to seeing you on your wedding day!!!!
36.gif

Lori

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress, and the shoes...
you are such a beautiful bride, you look gorgeous!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gwen!! It looks absolutely perfect on you. You look stunning in it. Perfect choice of dress. Love it!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 2:11:38 PM
Author: cocolaw
i could not imagine anything more perfect. i adore this dress on you! it is just stunning!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

+ 1!

It''s beautiful on you already Gwen, can''t wait to see it after the wee tweaks are all done!

Definitely agree with Holly about a simple cathedral length veil
30.gif

LOVE the shoes!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Aw, gwen!!!!! You look LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to make an awesome bride!!!!

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Gwen, you look incredible! That dress is so beautiful on you!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks amazing! That is the perfect dress for you!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Awww the dress is perfect...and the shoes...just perfect!!!!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful dress and you look so cute in it. It looks antique-y. I really love the fact that there are sleeves...it''s so different! Pretty lace. Pretty shoes. Nice work!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much, ladies!!! Your posts are so sweet and thoughtful and make me grin like a big doofus (that''s a good thing
2.gif
9.gif

I went back to work today after the summer holidays and my boss (who can be as tough as a bulldog sometimes) threw her arms around me, asked me all about how the wedding planning was going, and very sweetly said that if I ever needed a mother-type figure to go wedding shopping with me to let her know. How totally sweet is that?!
5.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 4:39:14 PM
Author: merrymunky
Date: 9/6/2009 6:33:28 AM

Author: gwendolyn

Me laughing as I talked about how much I love this dress.
5.gif

Oh Gwen...I have to share this little story with you. The day before the wedding I asked my husband what kind of dress he thought I might show up in and he said something fitted, wide at the bottom with floaty sleeves. I just showed him this picture and said,

''Is this what you had in mind when you said I might have something with floaty sleeves?''

And he thought it was ME in the picture! Hahaha! He was all,

''You DID try on a dress like that then!!!''

Bless him. I pointed out that it wasn''t me and he was like,

''D''OH! Oh yeah...but look at the smile...if you glance at it , it could be you!''

LOL

He likes the sleeves too!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh MM, that is too funny!! Will have to tell J about that!
3.gif
9.gif
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, Gwen, you look positively stunning! I can''t wait to see your wedding pictures--you are absolutely radiant in that gown.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(And it matches the shoes PERFECTLY!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results