shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream solitaire! YG and platinum Vatche U113 upgrade

Biba

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I've been a lurker on Pricescope since 2008 and finally decided to join after years of drifting through the boards! I am in my late 20s and have been with my DH since 2007. We married in 2013 and and had our first baby at the end of 2015.

DH purchased a pave platinum engagement ring (.50 carat round) with a plain platinum wedding band as my wedding set. While I was thrilled with it, it was not really 'me'. Having stalked PS for years I realised I loved 6 prong solitaires and DH promised me that he would upgrade one day on the condition that it would be a first and final upgrade. I was fine with that since upgrades are unheard of where I live in Europe.

DH generously suggested the upgrade as a push present after our son was born and obviously I agreed! In my culture yellow gold is vastly worn and is the preferred metal of choice. I decided to go with YG as I have a lot of pieces in YG received as wedding gifts and I also feel it looks nice against my skin tone.

One thing I did not want to change from my original set was my plain platinum wedding band which is engraved with our initials and date of marriage. I am very attached to it and have worn it constantly since we married. I am okay with mixing metals as I think it looks nice and it is the norm within my social circle to wear YG pieces with WG and platinum rings etc.

So.... introduction aside, I present you with my upgrade!

0.842 J VS2 White Flash ES round brilliant
AGS 000. I have never seen a diamond so beautiful and sparkly. It is full of fire and brilliance and I'm so pleased with it!!
The setting is a Vatche U113 in 18 karat YG with platinum prongs.

WF were excellent and promptly replied to all of my emails. I informed them I was due to go on holiday and they ensured I received my ring in time. I would not hesitate to recommend them. Thank you to WF!

My ring size is 3.5 but both of my rings are sized 3.75.

I have included pictures of my 'everyday' pieces too- diamond cluster studs set in YG, a pave pendant and RHR also set in YG and a petite WG and diamond bracelet. I had my wedding band polished and cleaned to wear with my new ring. It was extremely hard to photograph the jewellery and to capture the brilliance of the diamond is next to impossible, so please excuse my first attempt!

Thank you for reading!

_4630.jpeg

_4631.jpeg

_4632.jpeg

_4633.jpeg

Biba

Rough_Rock
more pictures

_4634.jpeg

_4635.jpeg

_4636.jpeg

_4638.jpeg

Biba

Rough_Rock
Some hand shots

_4639.jpeg

_4640.jpeg

_4641.jpeg

_4642.jpeg

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Welcome for finally joining! Lovely story and the ring looks great. I think the yellow gold and platinum together looks wonderful. Very pretty stone and kudos for going for what you wanted! The hand shots look awesome; very nice presence on your 3.5-sized finger!

Thanks for sharing. :wavey:

Biba

Rough_Rock
Last lot of pictures with one modelled by my bubba!

_4646.jpeg

_4647.jpeg

_4648.jpeg

_37674.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your two-tone classically gorgeous set!!! :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous ring. I love the two toned gold. Very classic. :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, timeless wedding set with gorgeous stone. I envy Your tiny fingers!!! And trust me, I know what You are talking of some European countries culture. Sounds like my country :lol: .

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new ring! :love: I like your watch, too!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. I often wear my YG ER with a platinum band. I think it's very pretty. Love your upgrade. Enjoy it!!!
I'm surprised it doesn't swing around. My ER is true to size - 4.25 - but still needs a sizing bead bc it's top heavy (of course). Happy yours fits just right though!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of the diamond in the Vatche classic solitaire in yellow gold. I also think this ring suits a wider band. They look great together.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :love:

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Your dream ring is beautiful and looks perfect on your finger. You have beautiful hands btw!
Enjoy!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I love your two-tone set and it looks fabulous on you! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I like your set together!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:
Elegant and classic. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely - congrats on your upgrade!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and elegant!

Biba

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments and warm welcome! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006- I've admired your Vatche ring many times!

mowtownmama- The weather is quite warm so both rings together are quite snug but when my hands are cold the ring does spin a little but I don't mind rolling it back again and looking at it!

Polished- My platinum band is 2mm wide and whilst I waited for my ring I was quite worried about how the knife edge would look with a rounded band. I ended up loving the contrasting shanks.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such pretty, petite hands!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Love love LOVE it! And your whole collection is very elegant. Congratulations on your beautiful new ring. :wavey:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Your wedding set is beautiful! I love the contrast of different shank styles and metal colors! Perfection!

Biba

Rough_Rock
Thank you once again for the comments. My collection is very modest by PS standards!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and beautiful collection!!!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biba - I'd also love to see your original e-ring. Any chance of a photo?

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade! It looks great on you!

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Nice collection too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results