shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My dream ring: H&A diamond in a lotus setting (PIC HEAVY!)

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Re: My dream ring: H&A diamond in a lotus setting (PIC HEAV

Looks lovely on your hand! Congrats on your engagement. =)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks amazing! Congratulations!

MrsDubDeez

Rough_Rock
Trade

Congrats on the engagement, love your dress, too :))

Honey228

Shiny_Rock

I think that's just a lovely idea for an engagement ring. Congratulations! It looks wonderful on you!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock

Wow it looks amazing.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock

I apologize for my late reply! My Internet has been on and off since we had that big storm a few days ago.

Thank you, marcy, Yssie, jewellk, Echidna, dawnabee, caroleena, tigian, elisekelly, rosetta, susimoo, flurrsprite, Amys Bling, lv2shopp, tyty333, MrsDubDeez, Honey228, and oddoneout!!! :D

jewellk - I love the scrolls too! I think they make the setting look more feminine...and they also provide additional support for the crown.

flurrsprite - I don't think the setting looks or feels "cheap" at all. You should take your boyfriend to one of the mall stores and show him what they charge for a badly cut I3 diamond if he thinks that price always equates quality in the world of jewelry. :cheeky: If you'd prefer a more high-end lotus, there is the Leon Mege/WF lotus setting, but I personally think that Sally's is more aesthetically pleasing (and easier on my fiancé's bank account!).

I think it ultimately comes down to your preferences. My fiancé and I both agreed that most of our budget should go towards finding a great stone, so we didn't want to spend a whole lot on a setting. I also considered a few different settings (traditional solitaire, pavé, antique, even small sidestones), but that was before I saw the lotus. Once I saw a photo of it on Pricescope, I was in love and knew that it had to be my engagement setting. :love:

I think it holds up pretty well too. I asked Sally to increase the band width from 1.0-1.3mm to 1.6, so it's much more durable now. It looks very delicate, but it's actually a pretty tough little thing. You should contact Sally about your concerns too.

MrsDubDeez - Thank you! I love floral sundresses and have a rather large collection of them, but this dress is by far one of my favorites. I have it in white too. =)

It's been a few days, but I still can't stop staring at my ring from all angles. It's by far the prettiest diamond that I own. I'm only in my early twenties, so I don't have much diamond jewelry...just a pair of .25ct studs that I wear in my second ear piercing and a .1ct promise ring...so I've been mesmerized by this stone and ring!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, that setting is so beautiful and unique. It looks fantastic on your petite hands (which I am so jealous of).

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

That is incredibly beautiful! I think the proportion is perfect for your hands, it looks very generous without overwhelming your small hands.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Lovely and dainty! It is made for your petite hands!

legra

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful ring! The lotus setting is so lyrical and delicate and the diamond is gorgeous and looks huge on you. Congrats on your engagement.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

OH your setting is AMAZING! Plus it's the perfect size for your hand, ring to finger ratio . . . perfect.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock

Wow, it looks huge!!! I like the setting also! :cheeky:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Your ring is gorgeous! Congrats!

I love the dress you are wearing!

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, septsparkle, kelpie, jaysonsmon, legra, SparkleNut, betty6333, and Tuckins1!!! :D

Having small hands can be a blessing and a curse! While the greater finger coverage is nice, there were many beautiful settings that I could not even consider because they didn't come in sizes below a 4 and couldn't be sized down that much without compromising the ring's structure. Also, there were gorgeous settings with bands that were wider than 2mm, but they looked too big for my hands. Many jewelers recommended just getting a simple classic solitaire setting made in my size, but I wanted something more unique. So there are definitely disadvantages to having small hands!

justincaseme

Rough_Rock

Congratulations SparklyRing, that's a really beautiful piece, and you wear it well. I'm thinking of ordering something similar from Sally.

Like yourself, I have some concerns about the durability. Sally lists her rings as being 1.3mm thick, and I see you upgraded to 1.6mm instead. At 1.6mm, do you feel like it's important to be fairly cautious when you were it? Having worn the ring for a while, would you recommend the 1.6mm thickness, or would you advise going for something thicker (maybe 2.0)?

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock

I love your ring - it's a perfect way to enjoy both a classic solitaire look while incorporating an artisan aesthetic. Fantastic! Now I need to know....which vendor on ETSY is Sally? I see lots of references to her work but have yet to see her ETSY store!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock

This is my jaw, DROPPING. :love: PS adorable dress!

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock

Beeeeaaautiful!!!!! Just stunning! Congratulations and best of luck - may your future be full of love and happiness!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stunning!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

This ring is stunning, love the details and I think the diamond is a perfect size for your tiny fingers! :love: :love:

rubyprincess - Sally's Etsy store is called HeartofWater Jewels. They make some really beautiful pieces.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

what a lovely ring!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock

love! :love:

can't get enough of the lotus setting (obviously biased though since I have a ring already, and earrings on the way :rodent: ) I think you'll find it's a great setting and you'll definitely get lots of compliments on it. I think they are absolutely lovely- hand made as well!

Enjoy your ring and engagement!!

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock

stargurl78|1311337300|2974464 said:
rubyprincess - Sally's Etsy store is called HeartofWater Jewels. They make some really beautiful pieces.
Thank you very much! Off to ETSY.... :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

rubyprincess said:
Thank you very much! Off to ETSY.... :)

No problem =) Have fun shopping :bigsmile:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really really pretty! I love the setting, classic yet with a feminine twist. It looks lovely on you! Congratulations!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's stunning!! I love the setting you chose, and your beautiful diamond looks amazing on your teeny tiny finger!! Oh, and I love the dress you're wearing in the pics! :bigsmile: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

justincaseme|1311298647|2974230 said:
Congratulations SparklyRing, that's a really beautiful piece, and you wear it well. I'm thinking of ordering something similar from Sally.

Like yourself, I have some concerns about the durability. Sally lists her rings as being 1.3mm thick, and I see you upgraded to 1.6mm instead. At 1.6mm, do you feel like it's important to be fairly cautious when you were it? Having worn the ring for a while, would you recommend the 1.6mm thickness, or would you advise going for something thicker (maybe 2.0)?

I seriously wouldn't go less than 1.8mm if I were ordering one of these. I think maybe she could get by with the smaller shank because her ring size was something like 2.5mm, so it was a much smaller diameter than most rings.

Cherieanne

Rough_Rock

This is one of the most GORGEOUS rings I have ever seen on Pricescope! :love:

Best wishes on your engagement!

justincaseme

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1311443932|2975314 said:
justincaseme|1311298647|2974230 said:

I seriously wouldn't go less than 1.8mm if I were ordering one of these. I think maybe she could get by with the smaller shank because her ring size was something like 2.5mm, so it was a much smaller diameter than most rings.

I emailed Sally to ask about thickness, and she recommended a 1.6 but was willing to go as high as 1.7. Apparently, the look of the ring would change too much with a thicker shank. The ring size I need is a 5.5 in diameter, so I wonder how that would hold up with the 1.7mm shank?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on your engagement and your dream ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results