shape
carat
color
clarity

My dilemma.. finding a band to go with a Tacori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
So I saved and bought her a wonderful Tacori 2616 band. She loves it!! Now however she is in love with bling and doesnt want a plain platinum band (which I was hoping). She wants some bling on her band to go with the Tacori. I''ll attach the picture of the ring next. Money is the main issue right now because we are spending our money right now on the wedding. We looked on bluenile and saw a few but not sure of the quality. Tacori uses G si1 stones and I think the ones below are G''s. I was hoping to keep it south of $1,000 but we''ll see. Anyone know if these would go well? or if have a better idea of what to do??? thanks in advance

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-ring-white-gold_5342?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp&show_all_pages=1&catid=8&set_shape

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring_6709?nav1=jewelry_segment.jsp&show_all_pages=1&catid=8&set_shape =
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring_6709?rf=pd

dani13

Ideal_Rock
If it were me (hate to say it!), I would probably just save up and get the matching Tacori wedding band....either that or take her to try on bands IRL and she what she likes.....It would probably be better to see both rings together on the hand to see what looks the best...Good luck!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just save up and get the matching tacori. seriously, nothing is probably going to work just right and you''ll end up throwing more $ at it down the road. I know weddings are expensive but is there anything you can cut back on a bit to help with the cost of the wedding band. The wedding is over in a few hours and the band will hopefully last her a lifetime.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, women! U worked your butt off to get them some nice blings and still they want more...
20.gif
I know you''re trying your best to get her what she wants but perhaps she could help you review the preparations to see where savings could be made. It''s tough enough for couples to stay together without money worries getting in on the act...

Personally I feel nothing says ''married'' better than a solid simple platinum band.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Personally I think if budget is a concern you should go with a simple inexpensive band and replace it for your first anniversary. I realize I am not in the majority here as most brides don''t want to wait, they want the whole ball of wax on the big day.

But I don''t think you are going to find a substitute to match the Tacori setting. It is too detailed and beautifully designed. Plain or pony up to the matching band!

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/23/2009 9:01:33 AM
Author: Marley2984
Here is her ring. I posted it somewhere on this forum but can''t find it

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/multi_view.php?styleNo=2616RD65

Assuming that her engagement ring is Tacori 2616RD65, not modified in any way, the matching wedding band is Tacori 2616RDB which is a fitted band... So the engagement ring will actually need to be sent to Tacori for the wedding band to be properly fit, the current price of the band is $2,950.00 in platinum and $1,730.00 in 18k white gold. So yea, price is certainly a valid concern because we''re not talking about just a couple of hundred bucks. But then again, buying a band as a temporary placeholder and then buying the ring from Tacori later to replace it is kind of like spending more to do the same thing in the long run.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 2:41:01 PM
Author: swingirl
Personally I think if budget is a concern you should go with a simple inexpensive band and replace it for your first anniversary. I realize I am not in the majority here as most brides don''t want to wait, they want the whole ball of wax on the big day.

But I don''t think you are going to find a substitute to match the Tacori setting. It is too detailed and beautifully designed. Plain or pony up to the matching band!
I agree. I''d suggest either finding a way to get the Tacori band now, or get a simple band, perhaps with milgrain to tie it all together, and then replace it down the road. I waited a few years to get my set up to it''s now blingy self.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results