shape
carat
color
clarity

My Diamond Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock

diamond11.17 027.jpg

madarski

Rough_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!!! Congratulations. I have really small fingers to, but I have big knuckles. My ring has to be 5, so that I can get it over my knuckle, but then they spin on my finger. So I''m having a hard time deciding what carat size to get for my ring. I''ve been looking at 1 carat, but looking at your pics, I am really surprised at how large your stone looks. I just love the setting as well. Tiffany settings really make those diamonds stand out. I''m so happy for you!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock

diamond.11.17 010.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve posted enough pictures. =) Last one!

diamond11.17 055.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2004 4:11
6.gif
9 PM
Author: snlee
Hi ForteKitty,

We originally didn''t want a D color (wanted an E or F) but they didn''t have it and this diamond is REALLY nice for a SI1. I can''t see the inclusions.
snlee, your ring is beautiful. Its SO white !!! It does look HUGE on your dainty size 3.5 finger. You will be happy with your
D. There is something about owning the best color available.

When I shopped for my previous ring (I also went to Derco), I wanted an F-SI1 Oval, but they did not have that so I had to pay $3000 extra at the time (1988) for a 2.05 ct D-VS2.

Luckily when we shopped for a pear, I found exactly what I wanted, a 3.01ct F-SI1 (that is the perfect combination for me), F still in the colorless range, and an eyeclean SI1.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2004 8:16:35 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
I can''t imagine how tiny they are since mine are almost twice the size!
Hm... not twice. Looking at what these ring sizes mean in milimeters and inches (LINK to conversion table) there is a 20% difference or so.
My size 3 finger is indeed half of...a big man''s thumb !

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif

Date: 11/18/2004 3:12:57 PM
Author:snlee

a27a6b58.jpg
Yours is the e-ring by definition
1.gif
. There is no mistake what the white flash on the hand means
2.gif
All the best wishes
30.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful. Now I''m waiting for the outdoor sunshine pics
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Good idea. I haven''t tried taking any outdoor pics yet. =P

lili

Ideal_Rock
snlee,

It''s like looking at a flashlight. The sparkle on your ring is simply amazing. Love the crispiness of the purest of the pure color D! I have to agree with the rest of the board and say that it looks a great deal bigger than 1 carat. I thought that it was about 1.5 carat on the hand shot. You girls with tiny weeny slender fingers are the envies of most people. Makes anything diamond you sport look very substantial.

Question, how do you (and everyone else) take such great pictures of your ring? Not only are your pictures clear and focused, but you
guys and gals always manage to capture the sparkle and fire. Please advise if you can.

Congrats on a fabulous find by the way.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lili!

I now realize how lucky I am to have tiny fingers. I told my honey he is lucky I have small fingers - since a less than a carat diamond looks really huge already. I sure saved him lots of money. =)

I was just as lost as you on the taking clear pictures until I posted asking for advice and reena helped me out. Some digital cameras have a macro setting that lets you take pictures close up. Looks like a little tulip. You should try that. Even when using that setting though, not all pictures turn out good. I took TONS of pictures to get the nice ones that I posted. Good luck! I''d love to see your ring.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness for the digital camera revolution
41.gif

How did you get the flash (the sparkles) though? Is it the flash from the camera or did you have someone shine something at it?

Anyway, your ring is truly amazing. It is very timeless and classic, not to mention big.
2.gif

Do you mind if I ask how much the whole ring cost?
By the way, is that a true Tiffany ring or a replica?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh right. Would also want to add that you have very lovely hands. Great way to model off your ring
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snlee
congrats, thats a beautiful ring ,
30.gif
10.gif
love those simple 6 prong setting.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! It really looks perfect on your finger! Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee,
What a gorgeous ring!!! It''s so classic and elegant. It looks so big on your hand!! Congrats!

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!
1.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations what a stunning gorgeous ring
36.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
It''s beautiful!
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I think that D has jsut burned a hole through my retina.

Gorgeous!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results