shape
carat
color
clarity

my diamond quest continues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I have asked both WF and GOG to source me another diamond in the 3.5-4 carat E-F, VS2-SI1 range but haven''t heard back from them. I assume that they''ve not been successful. I''ve now asked Mark of ERD to source the stone for me and it appears that he has some but i''ve not seen the certs/ details yet.

Anyway, I have another diamond project in the meantime. Hubby gave me a pair of diamond earrings as a wedding present about 0.6 carat each, RB cut, G colour, VS2-SI1. Not great cut but I treasure them for sentimental reasons. As I have another pair of bigger studs (made up of my original e-ring and a 5th wedding anniversary present), I am thinking of changing the smaller ones into drop earrings, put together with pear-shaped, oval or even trillion cut diamonds - with the rounds ones on top and the fancy shaped ones dangling. I am thinking of nice thin pave around all of them.

Now, I''d like to ask you i) what size and shape would you recommend (I am aiming for maximum spread for my money), ii) does anyone have any pictures of how these should look like, iii) how long should the distance be between the RB and the fancy shaped ones (ie. the length of the drop), and iv) since it is too much trouble for me to send my own earrings to the US for setting (and in any case, I think it is much cheaper to set them here since labour is cheaper - though I am aware that the quality will not be the same, which I am ok with), where can I get some nice melee diamonds and what size melee should I get?

Oh btw, not sure about budget yet, but I''d like to spend less rather than more, maybe about $3-5K. Is that realistic?

Thank you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien,
I can''t be of help here, but it''s good to ''see'' you again. Btw, will you be in S''pore in August?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to "see" you too, Harriet. Btw, love your trinity ring
30.gif
. Having trouble keeping up with your wish list, it''s getting dangerously long !
3.gif

No plan just yet for August, for sure would love to see you when you come over.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Trinity is loads of fun. I can''t stop playing with it. It''s becoming a nervous habit!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 10:13:38 PM
Author:lienTN
So, I have asked both WF and GOG to source me another diamond in the 3.5-4 carat E-F, VS2-SI1 range but haven''t heard back from them. I assume that they''ve not been successful. I''ve now asked Mark of ERD to source the stone for me and it appears that he has some but i''ve not seen the certs/ details yet.

Anyway, I have another diamond project in the meantime. Hubby gave me a pair of diamond earrings as a wedding present about 0.6 carat each, RB cut, G colour, VS2-SI1. Not great cut but I treasure them for sentimental reasons. As I have another pair of bigger studs (made up of my original e-ring and a 5th wedding anniversary present), I am thinking of changing the smaller ones into drop earrings, put together with pear-shaped, oval or even trillion cut diamonds - with the rounds ones on top and the fancy shaped ones dangling. I am thinking of nice thin pave around all of them.

Now, I''d like to ask you i) what size and shape would you recommend (I am aiming for maximum spread for my money), ii) does anyone have any pictures of how these should look like, iii) how long should the distance be between the RB and the fancy shaped ones (ie. the length of the drop), and iv) since it is too much trouble for me to send my own earrings to the US for setting (and in any case, I think it is much cheaper to set them here since labour is cheaper - though I am aware that the quality will not be the same, which I am ok with), where can I get some nice melee diamonds and what size melee should I get?

Oh btw, not sure about budget yet, but I''d like to spend less rather than more, maybe about $3-5K. Is that realistic?

Thank you.
I don''t know price, but I would do two things:
a) check out the leon mege earring thread in smtr
b) consider jackets!! LOL

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You might consider making the drops removeable from the upper round sttone settings. That way you can have a nice pair of daytime earrings and enhance them with larger drops for evening wear or special events. They would make nice travel accessories, sort of a two for one deal.

Trilliants are often the nicest of the spready, showy stones. Triloiants are cut in three or four ways, and one or two of these variations are rather thin with loads of show for their weight. One type has curved sides and the other is more striaght sided like a regular triangle. You certainly could have them set into a halo effect edging with small diamonds and as long a pave'' flexible link drop as you''d like to have. Neck length and hair style are the things that will have an effect on the choices of drop length.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra and David, thank you and excellent idea about the jackets.

I checked out the Leon Mege threads. His creations are simply beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
. I''d love to have my earrings set by him. However, his prices are rather high, which is understandable, given the quality and beauty of his work. I may have him do some dangling jackets for my larger studs, which I think are more deserving. I really really love these:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=143&mode=search

I can''t possibly buy these, at least not for the next year, or five (
6.gif
), but maybe I can ask Leon to set my larger RB studs with possibly pear-shaped stones and baguette "arms" (of course I don''t know what these are called LOL, it''s just my own word).

I also love these:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=126&mode=search

But in the meantime, I think possibly the trilliants paired up with my smaller studs would be best. David, which one of these cuts would have the most sparkle or fire? and would more fire compromise the spread?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=124&mode=search

These are nice too, though I am fairly certain i''d like them more dangling with a fair distance between the RB and the trilliants and with the RB sitting on the earlobes.

Does anyone have any idea where best to get the trillions/ trilliants and melee diamonds? I''d like to get the stones on-line and have a local jeweler set them as that would probably save me some money.\

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results