shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond fluorescent is pink

boypana

Rough_Rock
HI there,

I need information why my diamond has a pink fluorescence under UV light.
My diamond specifications: Loose, round shallow cut, 6.4 carats, light blue color.

Would appreciate to receive helpful information.

Thank you.

Boy Pana diamond_in_carat.jpg jap_diamond_uv_light.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pics face up w/o the UV light?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, That is not a real diamond.

boypana

Rough_Rock
What kind of stone is it?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put it between two fingers and go outside and take a photo. I agree it doesn't appear to be a diamond; I'm curious what it looks like outside.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you bought this stone?

If so, can I be vulgar and ask how much you paid?

Can you post the GIA or AGS grading report reference number?

boypana

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Only one thing left not yet done for this diamond - submit for independent appraisal. This diamond at present is in remote place. It passed various tests i.e. fogging, scratch. When testing tools were available, it is 12.5 mm, 6.4 carats in the weighing scale consistent to a diamond standard and can't be other gem otherwise it would have been heavier. It reaches the red lights and beeps in Diamond Tester II meaning it is a real natural diamond. This diamond was accidentally found 6 feet below the ground in a place where a WWII JIA camp is formerly located together with some totally decayed matter (bones maybe), so it cannot be a CZ or moissanite since these gems were manufactured as jewelries only in the 1980s.

Based on these tests, it is a real natural diamond. My question is WHY IT IS PINK UNDER UV LIGHT? I hope it is one of the rare diamond in the like of Hope Diamond which is red under UV light.

I will post the result here after it has a final verdict.

Again, thank you to all of you. Have a nice day.

boypana

Rough_Rock
Diamond in daylight....

diamond1_28.jpg

boypana

Rough_Rock
Diamond testing tools used:

Diamond Tester II result - reaches the red lights with beeps
Magnifier result - with visible feather inclusion
UV Light result - pink fluorescence
Testing platform

2016-11-02_0.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had melee diamonds with orange flour, it happens. FWIW it looks like an aqua to me. Unless GIA says it's a light blue diamond I wouldn't put much weight into those "tools".

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
boypana|1478039934|4092771 said:
Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Only one thing left not yet done for this diamond - submit for independent appraisal. This diamond at present is in remote place. It passed various tests i.e. fogging, scratch. When testing tools were available, it is 12.5 mm, 6.4 carats in the weighing scale consistent to a diamond standard and can't be other gem otherwise it would have been heavier. It reaches the red lights and beeps in Diamond Tester II meaning it is a real natural diamond. This diamond was accidentally found 6 feet below the ground in a place where a WWII JIA camp is formerly located together with some totally decayed matter (bones maybe), so it cannot be a CZ or moissanite since these gems were manufactured as jewelries only in the 1980s.

Based on these tests, it is a real natural diamond. My question is WHY IT IS PINK UNDER UV LIGHT? I hope it is one of the rare diamond in the like of Hope Diamond which is red under UV light.

CZ has been manufactured since long before the 80s. And paste before that.

a 12.5mm diamond would weigh ~7.4ct if remotely close to ideal cut.

Something does not compute. A diamond of this size, if truly blue natural diamond, is museum quality and wouldn't be available on the open market except for extraordinary circumstances, and the price would make the acquisition of appraisal services, even flying the buyer and the appraiser to the remote location, absolutely trivial.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to guess synthetic sapphire, but it's anyone's guess. the fog and scratch test are not definitive. My question is, how much do you trust the person who is selling this stone? If the seller is legit they would be wanting to have it sent to GIA, etc to have some kind of documentation. Otherwise this is all a story that someone is giving you.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Neither fogging nor scratch is a reliable test. The only diamond simulants that won't scratch glass are sphalerite, sphene, and strontium titanite, or just glass. It's clearly not any of these in any case.

Those testers are notoriously unreliable. Yours looks really cheap. At least use one of those $100 testers on it. Better yet, take it to a local gemologist's club and let them run it through some basic tests.

Quartz can fluoresce in a color very similar to that. If its specific gravity is really about 6/7 that of diamond, then quartz is a good bet. It looks like a topaz to me but they don't fluoresce pink.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the crater of diamonds group I'm in, one guy said his tester was saying diamond for quartz. He put the quartz next to confirmed diamonds, and his tester is clearly off.

So I know of one case where quartz tested as diamond

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is glass or quartz. You wouldn't be able to see the newspaper letters through a diamond, I believe.

It could also be Benitoite which is only found in California and refracts light brilliantly.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW! Gems can have inclusions such as feathers.

boypana

Rough_Rock
Next find was this after the diamond under ground 15 feet below hehehe..
14536986_1127160920702178_1708047156_o.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
boypana|1478039934|4092771 said:

Blue diamonds can have red fluoro. But natural pale blue sapphire can have orangy red fluoro too.
What is the depth - please give all dimensions very accurately. 12.5mm can be a very shallow diamond, or pale blue sapphire
Take better photos - it seems to see through in that image - put it on a white of gray surface so your camera / phone focuses correctly - nothing else in the field of view.
Face up and side profile photos please

boypana

Rough_Rock
This diamond needs help... repolishing after 70 years under ground.

14089523_1092002574218013_127465795_n.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
boypana|1478147269|4093172 said:
This diamond needs help... repolishing after 70 years under ground.

14089523_1092002574218013_127465795_n.jpg
Diamonds live very happily underground.
Please use plain white paper background so there is nothing else for the camera to focus on.
Also do face up and table down.

boypana

Rough_Rock
Hi Mr. Garry H,

Thank you for your time and effort. I will post photos later as per your request.

For security reasons, this diamond is far away from my present IP address to keep its location a secret.

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Let's use occam's razor:

The newspaper against which one of the pictures taken is in Cebuano. Granted that there must be WWII remains in the Philippines, but what this scenario is asking us to accept is that during WWII or thereabouts someone buried a 6.5 carat blue diamond and this was subsequently forgotten about it entirely. Further, that it would be mixed up with "some bones" posits something even more dramatic; i.e. that a dead soldier had the stone in his possession when he died, no one noticed it as he lay dead and rotting (poor hypothetical soul) and it was buried in the Earth along with him. Has the excavator just watched Monuments Men or read All the Light We Cannot See, by any chance?

Moreover, that this excavation is equipped with possibly the worst photography equipment on the planet in 2016 also stretches the bounds of credibility. This stone would be worth MILLIONS and the finder cannot spring for a decent camera? In fact, if by some miracle the hypothesis I outlined above were, in fact, true, this diamond would be a priceless piece of world heritage (Nazi loot? Japanese imperial jewel?) that could never be sold on the open market for it would be governed by international law.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, before we get into international law (which I also thought about) I really want to see better pictures. I don't want to scare OP off because if this is a real diamond, it will be truly amazing.

Boypana, what is that second thing you found?!?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have family who lived in an occupied Pacific country during the war - and the diamond I inherited from that side of the family was buried for several years for safekeeping. I can imagine scenarios in which the family jewels (literally, in this case) would have been left underground and unearthed by strangers decades later. That said, I agree that there are fewer scenarios that would include human remains...

So I'll be watching this tread with interest to see what this stone turns out to be.

boypana

Rough_Rock
I am very sorry. For so many reasons, I can't tell you more. I can't show you more.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, in a couple of years come back and tell us what happened.

boypana

Rough_Rock
Whitewave, i will. thank you for your understanding.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results