shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dan Stair ering spinel :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone with a great color shift! Your ring will be wonderful.
36.gif

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lovinggems, babysteps and Catmom
1.gif

on a side note, Barry emailed me to say he has now posted my new pretty, so I''ll have lots of pictures of it for you soon hopefully!
9.gif

Dayna

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stone I love the colour! it will look gorgeous set
36.gif
36.gif

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
When are you getting this set, Dayna? I''m eager to see pictures!

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
That''s up to the bf - I''ve gotta wait patiently for him to get his butt in gear
3.gif
wish he would hurry up though, I keep saying to him that I''m fed up of having to take it out and play with it every day so I can admire it, want it on my finger to stare at all the time hahaha!

Dayna

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 8:00:09 AM
Author: MissDayna
That''s up to the bf - I''ve gotta wait patiently for him to get his butt in gear
3.gif
wish he would hurry up though, I keep saying to him that I''m fed up of having to take it out and play with it every day so I can admire it, want it on my finger to stare at all the time hahaha!

Dayna

Haha, did he/you pick out a setting yet?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dayna- I miss this thread the first time around. Its a gorgeous stone, I have a color changer in similar color too. I love it, so hopefully you get your ering pretty soon!

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T
1.gif

MakingTheGrade - I''ve definitely got my heart set on the Royal Crown replica I posted, it''s just a case of getting the other half to order it, then find a jeweller to set my stone (which is the part I''m dreading, all the jewellers I''ve emailed so far have been less than helpful
8.gif
)

Dayna

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really? It looks like an easy enough setting to do... Have you tried a big chain store like Jareds? Their larger stand alone gallerias have ring repairs/setting right on the premises, and they offer insurance etc (which smaller jewelers might not). I had a demantoid ring which I took to them because some of the stones were askew, and they did a nice job fixing it, I just had to tell them it was a softer garnet. (Sadly, I have since lost the ring
7.gif
)

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the info MTG but I''m in Scotland, we don''t have Jareds here
8.gif
and I think I''ve seen people mentioning you can''t get insurance for setting stones in the UK?

Dayna

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
3.gif

Just tell him to get it set and let you take lots of pictures for you and your fellow pricescopians, and then he can hide it, and not do anything about it for a while...
3.gif

Yeah, I know I''m dreaming...

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 9:38:26 AM
Author: Magenta

3.gif

Just tell him to get it set and let you take lots of pictures for you and your fellow pricescopians, and then he can hide it, and not do anything about it for a while...
3.gif

Yeah, I know I''m dreaming...

Haha oh how I wish he would do that - men just don''t seem to get the desire for eyecandy!
3.gif

Dayna

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 10:37:52 AM

Date: 6/19/2009 9:38:26 AM
Author: Magenta

That's up to the bf - I've gotta wait patiently for him to get his butt in gear
3.gif
wish he would hurry up though, I keep saying to him that I'm fed up of having to take it out and play with it every day so I can admire it, want it on my finger to stare at all the time hahaha!

3.gif

Yeah, I know I'm dreaming...

Haha oh how I wish he would do that - men just don't seem to get the desire for eyecandy!
3.gif

Dayna
Dayna - After many years of marriage to a jewelry challenged hubby, my advice is to make this as easy for him as possible. Preshop the jeweler and pick out two or three settings that appeal to you and give your list to the jeweler. Give BF the jewelers phone number, address, etc. Tell him jeweler is waiting for his call and all he has to do is bring in the stone and give jeweler a credit card number.

My DH has thanked me many a time for doing his Chrismas/birthday/anniversary shopping for him this way.
2.gif

ETA - Forgot to say, Gorgeous, gorgeous spinel!!! I love color change stones.

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice Fly Girl - I have already picked the exact setting I want, sent him the link, told him my ring size etc. I''ve tried not to hassle him constantly because he has alot of college work/exams/projects on his mind at the moment. The only thing that''s worrying me is whether or not he actually has money saved for the setting - he is very much a typical student that enjoys the party lifestyle, hope all his money isn''t being frittered away like that haha

Dayna

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 10:52:08 AM
Thanks for the advice Fly Girl - I have already picked the exact setting I want, sent him the link, told him my ring size etc. I''ve tried not to hassle him constantly because he has alot of college work/exams/projects on his mind at the moment. The only thing that''s worrying me is whether or not he actually has money saved for the setting - he is very much a typical student that enjoys the party lifestyle, hope all his money isn''t being frittered away like that haha

Dayna
Yes, those are a whole different set of issues. Best of luck to you, Dayna.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results