shape
carat
color
clarity

My dad passed away last month…..

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy that you have found peace. I just get so frustrated in the evening wondering where he is. I have had a very strong belief about the after life until my dad died. I keep looking for signs that he is around.

I dreamt of my father several times , also my sisters all had dreams about him being happy . I think faith helps in the mourning process , at least you will reunite again in the afterlife . He is buried in another state , I go to his grave and sit on the grass near him and talk to him and tell him about my life .

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was 10 years last Thursday since I lost my father suddenly. The night he died, I dreamed of him so clearly it was like he was there. He didn’t say anything but he just looked at me and then turned and walked away. I’ve never dreamed of him since. I think he was saying goodbye, or my subconscious was trying to make sense of it.
On Thursday as I was remembering where I was when and having a bit of a teary moment, our teenage Otto OSH sprinted into the room, slid across the dining table and fell off the other side in a tangle of legs and tail. It was a very sweet silly moment and quite absurd which dad would have laughed at.
I still talk to my parents in my head and think about them most days. And it still surprises me that they aren’t present in my life, in my world even though it’s been 10 years now.
It does get easier but it is something that does change you. I can’t see how it couldn’t. I am so so sorry for your loss @babs23r. I hope it’s getting easier for you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@babs23r and @Calliecake I’m very sorry for the losses of your fathers. Still reeling from my dad’s passing back in November. @babs23r I don’t have any advice to offer nor wisdom to share. Sending you peace and love.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I’m reading books about grief and how to cope and turn them into positives. I can’t seem to concentrate on any other kinds of reading.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys,
Its been about a month and a half, and it’s still so hard. I miss him so much. I’ve been talking to him and having conversations in my head with him. I’m really trying. Have any of you read some good books to help with grief?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad died in 2000. I was very close to him. I was gutted. It took me years, 6 or 7 years? until it wasn't so painful and so ever present, until I finally felt a little tiny bit of momentary joy (the sun shining on a wood table). Now, 22 years later, my grief has been assimilated and it is relatively low key, and I mostly remember my dad with love and light, less the dark months/days before his death. Sometimes his presence is palpable, sometimes it is a delightful fleeting glimpse in my heart/mind of his smile, of his hand on my shoulder, of his abundant faith and pride in me.

It is weird, but be glad you grieve your father, for the love you shared, for the goodness of the man, for the life he lived and the lessons you learned ... this is the cycle of humanity, and in the fullness of time your mind, body and soul will make peace with your loss and grief so that you may also remember the happy times and the joy of family.

My sincere condolences to you.

1651539416536.png

Grief takes people differently, some mourn out loud and others mourn invisibly, some for less time than you might expect or longer than may be understood ... if your grief takes you to reading about the process, embrace that and search your library, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, grief websites, whatever it takes. At some point, you'll feel like you could do something else, instead, as well, in place of ... keep in touch with yourself and your family and friends, and take care of yourself physically and emotionally. That's all any of us can do, ever.

Last edited:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
My dad died in 2000. I was very close to him. I was gutted. It took me years, 6 or 7 years? until it wasn't so painful and so ever present, until I finally felt a little tiny bit of momentary joy (the sun shining on a wood table). Now, 22 years later, my grief has been assimilated and it is relatively low key, and I mostly remember my dad with love and light, less the dark months/days before his death. Sometimes his presence is palpable, sometimes it is a delightful fleeting glimpse in my heart/mind of his smile, of his hand on my shoulder, of his abundant faith and pride in me.

It is weird, but be glad you grieve your father, for the love you shared, for the goodness of the man, for the life he lived and the lessons you learned ... this is the cycle of humanity, and in the fullness of time your mind, body and soul will make peace with your loss and grief so that you may also remember the happy times and the joy of family.

My sincere condolences to you.

1651539416536.png

Grief takes people differently, some mourn out loud and others mourn invisibly, some for less time than you might expect or longer than may be understood ... if your grief takes you to reading about the process, embrace that and search your library, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, grief websites, whatever it takes. At some point, you'll feel like you could do something else, instead, as well, in place of ... keep in touch with yourself and your family and friends, and take care of yourself physically and emotionally. That's all any of us can do, ever.
Thank you for your kind words and for your advice. I’m just having a very hard time. I can’t believe he is gone. While at work, I’m alright, but at the end of the day, I get sad, and in the evening, I’m a crying mess. I call my sister and we cry together. The other day I was at Barnes and Noble and decided to pick up a total fluff book. Then started looking at the grieving books and said enough, I’m getting the fluff book. I can ascertain from all of the wonderful people on this site that I’m just going to have to accept this and live with a different mind set. May god bless you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results