shape
carat
color
clarity

My custom setting and honest opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh Boom, I am so sorry. There''s not much left to say other than I hope you post pics when you get it.

Leon made my ring and there were a few times he wasn''t on his best behavior. I understand how this
upset you so much, my heart goes out to you. ((hugs))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom, I'm hoping you will like the ring when it arrives.
I'd try to keep an open mind about the ring itself.
When is it expected to arrive?

There is no excuse for that last sentence he wrote.
38.gif

He really shot himself in the foot.
Unbelievable!

I was considering sending him a project soon.
With just that comment he has lost MY business forever.

Date: 9/25/2009 3:49:04 PM
Author: Novel
Date: 9/25/2009 3:39:38 PM

Author: Boom

I know right now your head is preoccupied with images of airlines and splits in a size of Grand Canyon, but when the dust clears I expect a nice gift with a letter of apology.

My regards to your husband, my heart is going out for him.

My god. This is cruel. Cruel. Boom, I''m so sorry, not just about the ring but that you''re being put through this by someone who seems, frankly, to enjoy being smarter, better, and meaner than everyone else.

Oh. My. God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is such a jerk!
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
23.gif
23.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I hope you like the ring when you see it since you don''t have much recourse.

I do believe that what goes around comes around. I think that what''s coming around the mountain for Leon is a lot less work . . . Who wants to work with a narcissist who treats his customers with such condescension and contempt?

The person we should honestly feel sorry for is he (definitely not your husband!). The type of behavior he exhibits likely stems from something going "wonky" with him in his formative years. Better a wonky ring than a wonky spirit, and he''s got the latter. He deserves our pity.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
How are you doing Boom?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom, have you gotten the finished ring yet? How do you like it now if so?

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Boom, I hope that once you see your ring in person you will love it. I actually think the life-size shots of it are very beautiful. I am also very picky about symmetry and how I envision things should be, so I understand completely how you must feel about the airline (esp considering you didnt even want one in the first place). I think you may feel differently about the ring when you see it. I really don''t like my ring in pictures, at least up close. In person it is so much more delicate and sparkly and I remember why I chose it, and I hope it is the same with your ring (even though it is a bit different than what you expected).
As for the email, while it wasn''t very professional, I did see the humor in it like Tgal. I probably wouldn''t choose this artist myself because I like to have a lot of say in things, but I do think he was trying to lighten things up a bit. Don''t hate me for saying this, but the part about your husband made me laugh because he would probably say the exact same thing to my fiance; I have a tendency to get pretty upset about these kinds of things too and I know it drives him crazy at times!
At the end of the day, you obv spent a lot of money on this ring and he should make sure it is perfect for you. If you don''t like it when you get it, send it back and do whatever you need to do until he agrees to fix it.
Hope you are feeling better :)

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 3:40:40 PM
Author: smitcompton
Hi,
No I do not work for Leon nor do I come from another planet. It shows how we can interpret things differently and have different aims in what we say. Boom, Leon stated he liked you. I do think he was trying to insert a little humor while making his points to your complaints. I have learned about Leon from this board and all have said he is arrogant, so what did you all expect him to do. I see, he should have said , yes I will remake your ring, yes I will tweak it, all before Boom has seen it.
No, I can''t see it. People, she attacked him. He is defending himself. I''ll bet its more than he does for most by answering her-mail . I don''t want to upset her any more than you all have done already.

To call him the ring nazi, please. His work is in demand, he is sought after and so can pick & choose what work he wants.
He certainly could be more agreeable when dealing with peoples complaints, but the emotional outburst of a young woman encouraged by this group also leaves much to be desired.

Use him ,don''t use him. But don''t tell someone how awful their ring looks from a photo. You people wont even give an approximate value to a stone from a photo, but Leon M work you can judge from a photo.

His insults weren''t as bad as you think. . I am not sure, but I think English may not be his first language.

I doubt the ring will look good to you anymore Boom I am sorry for that, really. I tried to be more upbeat in my previous post so that maybe you could salvage something out of this. I don''t do group think.

Thanks,
I am glad you made this post and really am not impressed by the responses you got afterwards.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALMOST EVERY POINT YOU JUST MADE.

1) Leon is difficult and there have been big long threads about how cheap he is with boxes, how he is so rigid in his quotes, how arrogant he is with changes about his design etc etc. What is new is I never understood how he treats customers who may request a single change or many changes to a piece that he has done, especially when there is ambiguity in the work order and the work is not a direct copy of a piece he has already done before.

2) It is great that Boom posted her story here to warn other people that it will be very difficult (if not impossible ) to get changes or a refund from him especially if the fine points are not listed in the work order. I typed out a 6 page file with pictures for Leon on my current project and he barely looked at it, but I would be very sure to add the fine points into a work order if I was going to work with him.

3) Last time I checked this is a Diamond Jewlery Forum not a Women''s Support Group for those who feel insulted by Leon. I think many of you have done a great disservice to Boom as you have posted negatively about a piece she has already accepted and you will only make her feel worse about it. This mentality reminds me of those Feminist meetings on TV where the bitter women sit around bashing Men and they so appreciate one another. I really wonder if those women are better off not attending those meetings and dealing with their feelings in a more constructive manner.

There is very little value to adding to the 40 other voices about how "Leon is a jerk" or painting the man as a monster because he wrote "I feel sorry for your husband". Those comments could be interpreted in many ways my particular interpretation would be:

"I am sorry that I made you unhappy by sending photographs and that your husband will have to deal with your unhappiness" This is in context with his entire email which says clearly that he feels he did not deviate from the work order and he thinks that the design is up to his standard and should be judged in person and not from the photographs.

Just so that there is no confusion here, Boom NONE of these comments reflect negatively on you, nor should you consider them as criticism of the way you handled the situation.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2009 3:57:05 PM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

Hi,
No I do not work for Leon nor do I come from another planet. It shows how we can interpret things differently and have different aims in what we say. Boom, Leon stated he liked you. I do think he was trying to insert a little humor while making his points to your complaints. I have learned about Leon from this board and all have said he is arrogant, so what did you all expect him to do. I see, he should have said , yes I will remake your ring, yes I will tweak it, all before Boom has seen it.
No, I can''t see it. People, she attacked him. He is defending himself. I''ll bet its more than he does for most by answering her-mail . I don''t want to upset her any more than you all have done already.

To call him the ring nazi, please. His work is in demand, he is sought after and so can pick & choose what work he wants.
He certainly could be more agreeable when dealing with peoples complaints, but the emotional outburst of a young woman encouraged by this group also leaves much to be desired.

Use him ,don''t use him. But don''t tell someone how awful their ring looks from a photo. You people wont even give an approximate value to a stone from a photo, but Leon M work you can judge from a photo.

His insults weren''t as bad as you think. . I am not sure, but I think English may not be his first language.

I doubt the ring will look good to you anymore Boom I am sorry for that, really. I tried to be more upbeat in my previous post so that maybe you could salvage something out of this. I don''t do group think.

Thanks,
I am glad you made this post and really am not impressed by the responses you got afterwards.

1) Leon is difficult and there have been big long threads about how cheap he is with boxes, how he is so rigid in his quotes, how arrogant he is with changes about his design etc etc. What is new is I never understood how he treats customers who may request a single change or many changes to a piece that he has done, especially when there is ambiguity in the work order and the work is not a direct copy of a piece he has already done before.

2) It is great that Boom posted her story here to warn other people that it will be very difficult (if not impossible ) to get changes or a refund from him especially if the fine points are not listed in the work order. I typed out a 6 page file with pictures for Leon on my current project and he barely looked at it, but I would be very sure to add the fine points into a work order if I was going to work with him.

3) Last time I checked this is a Diamond Jewlery Forum not a Women''s Support Group for those who feel insulted by Leon. I think many of you have done a great disservice to Boom as you have posted negatively about a piece she has already accepted and you will only make her feel worse about it. This mentality reminds me of those Feminist meetings on TV where the bitter women sit around bashing Men and they so appreciate one another. I really wonder if those women are better off not attending those meetings and dealing with their feelings in a more constructive manner.

There is very little value to adding to the 40 other voices about how ''Leon is a jerk'' or painting the man as a monster because he wrote ''I feel sorry for your husband''. Those comments could be interpreted in many ways my particular interpretation would be:

''I am sorry that I made you unhappy by sending photographs and that your husband will have to deal with your unhappiness'' This is in context with his entire email which says clearly that he feels he did not deviate from the work order and he thinks that the design is up to his standard and should be judged in person and not from the photographs.

Just so that there is no confusion here, Boom NONE of these comments reflect negatively on you, nor should you consider them as criticism of the way you handled the situation.
I''m sorry but I totally disagree with you.

It''s the designers job to ensure that the client gets what he/she envisages. It''s NOT up to the customer to provide details as you describe. How many customers are capable of doing so? A work order will always be ambiguous because not every detail may be considered beforehand. From what I''ve read in this thread, Boom didn''t even think about an airline. It wasn''t on her radar. When the ring produced had one, she was disappointed. As the designer of the piece it was either (a) Leon''s responsibility to check the finer details with her BEFORE producing the work or (b) re-making the ring if it wasn''t what she wanted. Either way, he''s the professional and it''s HIS responsibility to point out the finer details - not the clients.

As for your comments about feminists and a women''s support group, I find this incredibly insulting. People have shown Boom a great deal of sympathy and have offered a lot of different opinions. This is a forum where jewellery is discussed and I believe this thread matches that criteria.

In terms of how you interpret Leon''s last comment about Boom''s husband? He crossed the line and it doesn''t matter what context he meant it in. He was being personal to a customer. There''s no excuse for that.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leon Mege is one of 21 vendors you will see listed when you click on RESOURCES then on DIAMOND VENDORS.

I feel he should be removed from the list. (Perhaps only for a year for bad behavior, or something.)

How can PS give their stamp of approval to a man who treats even repeat customers like this?

Shouldn't we be able to go to PS vendors with confidence?

He is getting business from PS yet won't even appear here to explain himself.
I'm sure he's heard about this ruckus and has read the threads.

Mr. Mege
35.gif
your silence is deafening.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 4:45:19 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Hi,

Thanks,

There is very little value to adding to the 40 other voices about how ''Leon is a jerk'' or painting the man as a monster because he wrote ''I feel sorry for your husband''. Those comments could be interpreted in many ways my particular interpretation would be:

''I am sorry that I made you unhappy by sending photographs and that your husband will have to deal with your unhappiness'' This is in context with his entire email which says clearly that he feels he did not deviate from the work order and he thinks that the design is up to his standard and should be judged in person and not from the photographs.

It''s the designers job to ensure that the client gets what he/she envisages. It''s NOT up to the customer to provide details as you describe. How many customers are capable of doing so? A work order will always be ambiguous because not every detail may be considered beforehand. From what I''ve read in this thread, Boom didn''t even think about an airline. It wasn''t on her radar. When the ring produced had one, she was disappointed. As the designer of the piece it was either (a) Leon''s responsibility to check the finer details with her BEFORE producing the work or (b) re-making the ring if it wasn''t what she wanted. Either way, he''s the professional and it''s HIS responsibility to point out the finer details - not the clients.

As for your comments about feminists and a women''s support group, I find this incredibly insulting. People have shown Boom a great deal of sympathy and have offered a lot of different opinions. This is a forum where jewellery is discussed and I believe this thread matches that criteria.

In terms of how you interpret Leon''s last comment about Boom''s husband? He crossed the line and it doesn''t matter what context he meant it in. He was being personal to a customer. There''s no excuse for that.
You are entitled your opinion but Harriet''s Spinel ring has an airline. Those were the pictures sent to Leon as design examples and I can tell you most design elements in these projects come from a picture of Leon''s original design (referenced by Code Number) that is usually included in the work order. In addition the magnification in pictures makes a big difference in the perceived relative size of the airline and also in the perceived size of melee versus a centre stone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2009 7:48:02 PM

Hi,
No, I can't see it. People, she attacked him. He is defending himself. I'll bet its more than he does for most by answering her-mail . I don't want to upset her any more than you all have done already.

Use him ,don't use him. But don't tell someone how awful their ring looks from a photo. You people wont even give an approximate value to a stone from a photo, but Leon M work you can judge from a photo.

His insults weren't as bad as you think. . I am not sure, but I think English may not be his first language.

I doubt the ring will look good to you anymore Boom I am sorry for that, really. I tried to be more upbeat in my previous post so that maybe you could salvage something out of this. I don't do group think.

Thanks,

3) Last time I checked this is a Diamond Jewlery Forum not a Women's Support Group for those who feel insulted by Leon. I think many of you have done a great disservice to Boom as you have posted negatively about a piece she has already accepted and you will only make her feel worse about it. This mentality reminds me of those Feminist meetings on TV where the bitter women sit around bashing Men and they so appreciate one another. I really wonder if those women are better off not attending those meetings and dealing with their feelings in a more constructive manner.

There is very little value to adding to the 40 other voices about how 'Leon is a jerk' or painting the man as a monster because he wrote 'I feel sorry for your husband'. Those comments could be interpreted in many ways my particular interpretation would be:

'I am sorry that I made you unhappy by sending photographs and that your husband will have to deal with your unhappiness' This is in context with his entire email which says clearly that he feels he did not deviate from the work order and he thinks that the design is up to his standard and should be judged in person and not from the photographs.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you.

It's the designers job to ensure that the client gets what he/she envisages. It's NOT up to the customer to provide details as you describe. How many customers are capable of doing so? A work order will always be ambiguous because not every detail may be considered beforehand. From what I've read in this thread, Boom didn't even think about an airline. It wasn't on her radar. When the ring produced had one, she was disappointed. As the designer of the piece it was either (a) Leon's responsibility to check the finer details with her BEFORE producing the work or (b) re-making the ring if it wasn't what she wanted. Either way, he's the professional and it's HIS responsibility to point out the finer details - not the clients.

As for your comments about feminists and a women's support group, I find this incredibly insulting. People have shown Boom a great deal of sympathy and have offered a lot of different opinions. This is a forum where jewellery is discussed and I believe this thread matches that criteria.

In terms of how you interpret Leon's last comment about Boom's husband? He crossed the line and it doesn't matter what context he meant it in. He was being personal to a customer. There's no excuse for that.
You are entitled your opinion but Harriet's Spinel ring has an airline. Those were the pictures sent to Leon as design examples and I can tell you most design elements in these projects come from a picture of Leon's original design (referenced by Code Number) that is usually included in the work order. In addition the magnification in pictures makes a big difference in the perceived relative size of the airline and also in the perceived size of melee versus a centre stone.
If you refer to the work order you'll see that Harriet's ring is only referenced with regard to the melee. The two photos attached to the work order do not have an airline.

As I said, it's the Designers job to ensure he has everything he needs to make the client happy. If he's not sure, he should ask. The problem is, from everything I've read, he likes to do things his way and the client comes second.

There is no mention of an airline either from Leon's side or Booms. The client shouldn't be expected to say, "I don't want X, Y, Z, A, B, C, D ......." to cover all bases! The client should simply say "I would like M, N, O, P ....." If the designer deviates then a simple phone call/email would have been all that was required to check. That's not only good practice but it's polite as well. If there's no check with the client then the designer must be prepared that something that hasn't been discussed may not be liked and he may have to put it right. That's just basic good business sense.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 8:26:03 PM

Date: 10/3/2009 7:48:02 PM

Hi,

Thanks,

You are entitled your opinion but Harriet''s Spinel ring has an airline. Those were the pictures sent to Leon as design examples and I can tell you most design elements in these projects come from a picture of Leon''s original design (referenced by Code Number) that is usually included in the work order. In addition the magnification in pictures makes a big difference in the perceived relative size of the airline and also in the perceived size of melee versus a centre stone.
If you refer to the work order you''ll see that Harriet''s ring is only referenced with regard to the melee. The two photos attached to the work order do not have an airline.

As I said, it''s the Designers job to ensure he has everything he needs to make the client happy. If he''s not sure, he should ask. The problem is, from everything I''ve read, he likes to do things his way and the client comes second.

There is no mention of an airline either from Leon''s side or Booms. The client shouldn''t be expected to say, ''I don''t want X, Y, Z, A, B, C, D .......'' to cover all bases! The client should simply say ''I would like M, N, O, P .....'' If the designer deviates then a simple phone call/email would have been all that was required to check. That''s not only good practice but it''s polite as well. If there''s no check with the client then the designer must be prepared that something that hasn''t been discussed may not be liked and he may have to put it right. That''s just basic good business sense.
The two Tiffany rings in the WO and on page one of these thread also have airlines! and the pictures are so small you can''t really tell how big, blow them up you will see even larger spaces. In my experience with custom I have seen most halo rings with a small airline. I am on the fence whether specifying no airline is a design feature or not but I won''t take any chances and would also specify in words and by diagram and I made it a point in my design files.

Of all the jeweler''s that produce delicate halos exclusively by hand the shortlist of jeweler''s I''ve seen and liked on this board is very small: Leon, Maytal Hannah and Ocean Pearlman and of all three I have read here at least one long complaint thread where it wasn''t easy or agreed by them readily to change or redo the ring. Leon of all jeweler''s specifies very rigid terms that protect him and take away a great deal of the customer''s right of refusal so I think customers should consider this carefully before working with him.

You and Gailey of all people shouldn''t be offended at all by my comments as they don''t apply to you. I respected your posts here in this thread above most others. My comments were directed at those who bashed smitcompton, I find the replies to her posts rather tasteless.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Boom, hope your doing ok and you received your ring. Cant wait to see handshots and see what you think now that you have it. I am sorry for all the
upset you have had, and hope that you are able to like it just a little.....

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m sorry I haven''t been back to this thread. I was preparing for an overseas trip and now that I''m away, I''ve been busy doing touristy things.

I will be seeing the ring tomorrow and will log back on if I have time. If not, then it''ll have to wait till I get back.

Anyway, however the ring turns out, Leon''s email is not justifiable in my eyes. I don''t see how anyone can. I don''t have time to type a lengthy post right now, but will do so later.

Good night!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 2:28:22 AM
Author: Boom
Hi everyone,

I''m sorry I haven''t been back to this thread. I was preparing for an overseas trip and now that I''m away, I''ve been busy doing touristy things.

I will be seeing the ring tomorrow and will log back on if I have time. If not, then it''ll have to wait till I get back.

Anyway, however the ring turns out, Leon''s email is not justifiable in my eyes. I don''t see how anyone can. I don''t have time to type a lengthy post right now, but will do so later.

Good night!
hugs and fingers crossed.

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
I just caught this thread and read it in it''s entirety. All I can say is good luck Mr. Mege staying in business with a smug, condescending, arrogant, (something you do with a needle to your finger) of an attitude that you have. Wow, I still can''t believe his e-mail comments. Even if it was some poor attempt at humor, there is a time for funny and time to get your $#@! together and do what is right for your customer. Boom, I am so sorry that you had to experience this whole scenario, but am happy that you are strong enough to master the situation by walking away from it rather than having it master you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 3:09:33 AM
The two Tiffany rings in the WO and on page one of these thread also have airlines! and the pictures are so small you can''t really tell how big, blow them up you will see even larger spaces. In my experience with custom I have seen most halo rings with a small airline. I am on the fence whether specifying no airline is a design feature or not but I won''t take any chances and would also specify in words and by diagram and I made it a point in my design files.

Of all the jeweler''s that produce delicate halos exclusively by hand the shortlist of jeweler''s I''ve seen and liked on this board is very small: Leon, Maytal Hannah and Ocean Pearlman and of all three I have read here at least one long complaint thread where it wasn''t easy or agreed by them readily to change or redo the ring. Leon of all jeweler''s specifies very rigid terms that protect him and take away a great deal of the customer''s right of refusal so I think customers should consider this carefully before working with him.

You and Gailey of all people shouldn''t be offended at all by my comments as they don''t apply to you. I respected your posts here in this thread above most others. My comments were directed at those who bashed smitcompton, I find the replies to her posts rather tasteless.
No they don''t. They are bezeled. Go back and look again. No prongs.

I also found your previous post insulting.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Huh?

What gave you the idea that I was offended by your comments CCL? I think there is merit in what you have said. I also think there is merit in what Smitcompton said as well.

I said my piece up front about the issue and tried to be realistic about how this has played out and what Boom''s options were. I neither agreed with or supported Leon''s approach. But at the same time, I also thought it pointless and detrimental to Boom''s situation to carry on a tirade of abuse about Leon''s stipulated terms of business.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 9:50:32 AM
Author: Gailey

The two Tiffany rings in the WO and on page one of these thread also have airlines! and the pictures are so small you can't really tell how big, blow them up you will see even larger spaces. In my experience with custom I have seen most halo rings with a small airline. I am on the fence whether specifying no airline is a design feature or not but I won't take any chances and would also specify in words and by diagram and I made it a point in my design files.

Of all the jeweler's that produce delicate halos exclusively by hand the shortlist of jeweler's I've seen and liked on this board is very small: Leon, Maytal Hannah and Ocean Pearlman and of all three I have read here at least one long complaint thread where it wasn't easy or agreed by them readily to change or redo the ring. Leon of all jeweler's specifies very rigid terms that protect him and take away a great deal of the customer's right of refusal so I think customers should consider this carefully before working with him.

You and Gailey of all people shouldn't be offended at all by my comments as they don't apply to you. I respected your posts here in this thread above most others. My comments were directed at those who bashed smitcompton, I find the replies to her posts rather tasteless.
Huh?

What gave you the idea that I was offended by your comments CCL? I think there is merit in what you have said. I also think there is merit in what Smitcompton said as well.

I said my piece up front about the issue and tried to be realistic about how this has played out and what Boom's options were. I neither agreed with or supported Leon's approach. But at the same time, I also thought it pointless and detrimental to Boom's situation to carry on a tirade of abuse about Leon's stipulated terms of business.
Gailey,

I never thought you were insulted I liked yours and LovingDiamonds posts so I just used your name as an example of positive influence in this thread.
I wish hadn't generalized my original post in this thread it just insulted those I never intended to. Most of you haven't continued the Leon bashfest needlessly. I understand Leon's mannerisms (spent a few hours talking with him) and although I don't agree with his way of communicating at times or his terms of business I think it is a bigger travesty to blow up his comments and add more fuel to the fire for Boom.

I am going to stop posting in here as I'm not helping anyone and feel foolish for adding more length to this thread. I hope Boom comes back and makes her comments positive or negative on her impressions of the ring.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 1:30:38 AM
Author: FrekeChild

The two Tiffany rings in the WO and on page one of these thread also have airlines! and the pictures are so small you can't really tell how big, blow them up you will see even larger spaces. In my experience with custom I have seen most halo rings with a small airline. I am on the fence whether specifying no airline is a design feature or not but I won't take any chances and would also specify in words and by diagram and I made it a point in my design files.

Of all the jeweler's that produce delicate halos exclusively by hand the shortlist of jeweler's I've seen and liked on this board is very small: Leon, Maytal Hannah and Ocean Pearlman and of all three I have read here at least one long complaint thread where it wasn't easy or agreed by them readily to change or redo the ring. Leon of all jeweler's specifies very rigid terms that protect him and take away a great deal of the customer's right of refusal so I think customers should consider this carefully before working with him.

You and Gailey of all people shouldn't be offended at all by my comments as they don't apply to you. I respected your posts here in this thread above most others. My comments were directed at those who bashed smitcompton, I find the replies to her posts rather tasteless.
No they don't. They are bezeled. Go back and look again. No prongs.

I also found your previous post insulting.
You are absolutely right bezel set
15.gif

I suspected most design elements were taken from Harriet's Spinel Design not the Tiffany rings, this just confirms it.

empress

Shiny_Rock
I''ve read through this.

There is something that reminds me of the "soup nazi" from Seinfeld - thinking he can treat anyone anyway he wants.

This guys stuff is NOT THAT GREAT. It''s just run of the mill settings. He is a bully.

It is not a quality custom piece if it does not flatter your stone. It''s NOT about the setting.

If he continues to be an as% you should contact not only the BBB but the NYS Attorney General''s Office.
29.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I am super late but just wanted to say I hope the ring is much better IRL than in the photo, and that Boom is able to enjoy it once she receives it.

Personally I could not judge the airline from the photo - I would need to see it. The split shank, I would have been concerned/disappointed about the same things Boom is.

I agree with TGal in that I can see the intended "humor" in Leon''s email if we are very generous in giving the benefit of the doubt. I don''t do well with that kind of humor and I probably would not be a good match to work with Leon. Some of the criticisms posted here (and I mostly skimmed) seem over the top because they are coming from people who have not worked with Leon and have no personal stake or experience in the situation.

If Boom has a lot of criticisms, well, I think that would be her 100% right to feel that way. She;s been very stoic and levelheaded in my opinion!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Boom, sorry you have been through this trouble. Hope when you finally receive it - you find it''s beautiful and can come to love it despite it''s "birth". Please post pics and let us know what you think once it arrives.
35.gif

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
HI Boom,
My heart goes out to you!!! I hope your trip is going well.
Big Hugs

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 9:19:12 PM
Author: empress
I''ve read through this.

There is something that reminds me of the ''soup nazi'' from Seinfeld - thinking he can treat anyone anyway he wants.

This guys stuff is NOT THAT GREAT. It''s just run of the mill settings. He is a bully.

It is not a quality custom piece if it does not flatter your stone. It''s NOT about the setting.

If he continues to be an as% you should contact not only the BBB but the NYS Attorney General''s Office.
29.gif
empress...have you seen my thread?
31.gif
By no means is what happened to me even close to this, but it is completely why I chose NOT to work with him. I''m using a very talented jeweler, who also has GREAT customer service skills and I don''t regret it one bit!

Boom...I found your thread through "Hangout" and I''ve read it thoroughly. I am soooooo sorry this is happenening to you!!! I would absolutely feel the same way you are, which is why I shied away from working with him. I was so afraid that if anything happened, something like this would happen. And, then I would be looking down at my ring with negative feelings. That is why I feel so much for you!! {{{{{Big Huge Hugs}}}}} Who knows, maybe you will like it when you see it...and get past the entire experience. I hope you come back for an update soon!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 9:17:44 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Date: 10/7/2009 9:19:12 PM
Author: empress
I''ve read through this.

There is something that reminds me of the ''soup nazi'' from Seinfeld - thinking he can treat anyone anyway he wants.

29.gif
empress...have you seen my thread?
31.gif
By no means is what happened to me even close to this, but it is completely why I chose NOT to work with him. I''m using a very talented jeweler, who also has GREAT customer service skills and I don''t regret it one bit!

Boom...I found your thread through ''Hangout'' and I''ve read it thoroughly. I am soooooo sorry this is happenening to you!!! I would absolutely feel the same way you are, which is why I shied away from working with him. I was so afraid that if anything happened, something like this would happen. And, then I would be looking down at my ring with negative feelings. That is why I feel so much for you!! {{{{{Big Huge Hugs}}}}} Who knows, maybe you will like it when you see it...and get past the entire experience. I hope you come back for an update soon!
That''s probably one of the most famed (or infamous
2.gif
) and talked about threads on PS - LOL!!

Boom - I hope your ring turns out beautiful Let us know how it looks, dying to hear fro you.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
So, I just got back and read the thread on Hangout about this one.

I don''t really have anything new to add.
The ring looks exactly like the photo on the first page.

The gaps on top and at the bottom and wider than the sides.
The airline is obvious outdoors and in normal lighting conditions indoors. In dim light, it''s not so obvious.
I can clearly see my finger under the airline much of the time.
A very slight tilt makes the basket holding the stone visible through the airline.
The split shank is clearly defined only from the side.
The ring is well built.

This is about all I have to say at this point, having seen the ring.
Thank you to all who responded.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Boom - I guess my question at this point is if you are going to be able to enjoy the ring? If not I''d really try pursuing it.... I just don''t think it''s fair that you should have to wear a ring you can''t even enjoy...
7.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Sorry it''s not any better in person, Boom. I can imagine how disappointed you must be
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results