shape
carat
color
clarity

My complete pearl collection

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently reworked a bunch of pearls and items and decided to take pics of the collection as it is now.

With pearl prices as high as they are for now, I likely won’t acquire any new pearls for a bit unless a holy grail appears. I love what I have though.

Over the past 2-3 years I’ve gone from a colored gem and diamond gal to a total pearl enthusiast. I love that they’re a gem that is rare on galactic scale since it requires life to form. I love how romantic they can look, and how you can add personalization and edge to them. I love the glow and iridescence that’s impossible photograph, and oil painters have historically been obsessed with. And I love I can restring and redesign to my hearts content!

IMG_8015.jpeg
IMG_8010.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tahitians;
Mostly from CMW with notable exception for the single Tahitian pendant from Kojima pearl, the Cortez pearl in my bracelet (from yssie), the purples in the bracelet from Takahashi, and the copper from Andrew moline.
The rope gss Keshi are from takahashi as well, and have 24k accent beads which I cannabilized from bracelets I got from china.
IMG_8016.jpeg
IMG_8034.jpeg IMG_8124.jpeg IMG_8129.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold South Sea
All from Takahashi. A Keshi necklace and GSS bracelet with 24k beads
And a pic of a champagne gss in the center of the akoya choker
IMG_8030.jpeg
IMG_8075.jpeg
IMG_8111.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Takahashi akoyas
The baby gem akoyas are a bracelet and an anklet (has the paw on it)
The akoya bracelet has larger lavender akoya and smaller white ones with pink tones
IMG_8039.jpeg
IMG_8066.jpeg
IMG_8058.jpeg
IMG_8063.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Tahitian shell and diamond pendant/brooch
Takahashi mabe pendant with GSS from PP
And a diamond bow and baby akoya pearl enhancer when I feel like adding something extra
IMG_8082.jpeg

My supearl from takahashi
IMG_8086.jpeg

Tahitians from cmw and akoyas from takahashi for my Fitbit lol
IMG_8093.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection with us! I also love how you keep your pearls in little zipper bags - what a great idea :geek2:

As3fthjkl

Rough_Rock
Trade
i absolutely adore the flower brooch you have, the Tahitian MOB is gorgeous

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I recently reworked a bunch of pearls and items and decided to take pics of the collection as it is now.

With pearl prices as high as they are for now, I likely won’t acquire any new pearls for a bit unless a holy grail appears. I love what I have though.

Over the past 2-3 years I’ve gone from a colored gem and diamond gal to a total pearl enthusiast. I love that they’re a gem that is rare on galactic scale since it requires life to form. I love how romantic they can look, and how you can add personalization and edge to them. I love the glow and iridescence that’s impossible photograph, and oil painters have historically been obsessed with. And I love I can restring and redesign to my hearts content!

IMG_8015.jpeg
IMG_8010.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg

Your stringing skills are exceptional and I love your variations!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I love them all, but the Takahashi gem bracelet is first among equals. Clever you for getting them before the price increase!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love , love those goldens and Akoya blues! Thanks for sharing!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i absolutely adore the flower brooch you have, the Tahitian MOB is gorgeous

Thanks! I wish there was more MOB in fine jewelry.

Your stringing skills are exceptional and I love your variations!
I’m still struggling with the ending knots but getting better! Haha funnily I feel like the strand I don’t have is a standard 8mm uniform round gem akoya 18” classic. Maybe some day.

I love them all, but the Takahashi gem bracelet is first among equals. Clever you for getting them before the price increase!
Yes I love and cherish all my akoyas from them! I always ask for gem quality for the rounds, and the baroques are always so artistically chosen.

Love, love , love those goldens and Akoya blues! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I love that everyone one has different favorite pieces :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So lovely! Thanks for sharing!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A wonderful collection !! Beautiful ! That diamond bow enhancer is so pretty !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8015.jpeg
IMG_8010.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg

several of my all time favourite PS pieces are in your collection

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8015.jpeg
IMG_8010.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg

that reads like a beautiful poem :kiss2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A wonderful collection !! Beautiful ! That diamond bow enhancer is so pretty !

Haha oh man I’ve tried so many different things with the bow but none of them resulted in me wearing it with any regularity. Hopefully now it gets more wear since it really is quite pretty.

several of my all time favourite PS pieces are in your collection

Aw im flattered!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All your pearls are just gorgeous but that golden........it's like having a handful of liquid gold.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All your pearls are just gorgeous but that golden........it's like having a handful of liquid gold.

I like to think it was meant to be! When I first inquired about a larger GSS keshi strand, I was shown a few options including this one, and I took some time to mull it over. When I finished mulling and decided I wanted it, I was told they no longer had it. However, it came back a little while later, and Takahashi let me know it was available again so I jumped!

As you can tell with how many of my pearls come from Takahasi, I quite appreciate their customer service. The No Returns policy does, and should, give one pause, but at this point I've worked with them long enough to feel like they understand what I want and I think it's great they're still selling direct to consumers (which started during covid when the industry had to pivot) even though the current pearl market is insane with demand. I can't imagine trying to get my hands (and wallet) on a Supearl WSS without them. My only holy grail item left is a Supearl akoya strand/bracelet.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess technically I do have other pearls.

This is my strand of leftovers and misfits. I thought about stringing them up to give someone as a casual present but worry it’s too chaotic lol

I also have some small gray rice pearls (freshwater) and small black potato shaped ones.

IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The bow is no longer with the babies!!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is my strand of leftovers and misfits. I thought about stringing them up to give someone as a casual present but worry it’s too chaotic lol

I also have some small gray rice pearls (freshwater) and small black potato shaped ones.

IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg

Oh I'm loving that misfit strand!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg

that is not caotic
its like a beautifuly crafted pearl salad
its like you have the magic touch
one of your most lucky and closest of friends would love that

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The bow is no longer with the babies!!

cheers--Sharon
Haha it’s still with a few but now it can be with any of the pearls it wants! That’s the hope anyways.

that is not caotic
its like a beautifuly crafted pearl salad
its like you have the magic touch
one of your most lucky and closest of friends would love that

Pearl salad! Haha I’m dying. I got a funky clasp in that I think would go well with these. I’ll likely string them up at some point for my MIL as she doesn’t really wear or own nice jewelry (just not her thing) but does sometimes scramble to find something “nice” for when she attends weddings etc. nice thing about a misfit strand is that it goes with a lot of things!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha it’s still with a few but now it can be with any of the pearls it wants! That’s the hope anyways.

Pearl salad! Haha I’m dying. I got a funky clasp in that I think would go well with these. I’ll likely string them up at some point for my MIL as she doesn’t really wear or own nice jewelry (just not her thing) but does sometimes scramble to find something “nice” for when she attends weddings etc. nice thing about a misfit strand is that it goes with a lot of things!

i think that is a lovely idea
please post a pix when you do

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely collection- all high end and perfectly done. I fell out of love with pearls because I am fickle. But looking at your collection, I can see why I fell in love with them in the first place.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread, and just saw all the pearlie gorgeousness, now! I loved your previous iterations, and also love these newest arrangements. The only thing missing is Shale. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results