carat
color
clarity

My colorless Cartier cut CZ by Wink

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3942.JPG

It's GORGEOUS! My only decision is if it's big enough (it's 7.5mm). I know I bought it to use for a more subdued travel ring, but it's so awesome I want MORE :lol:

I'm thinking of this setting - https://www.etsy.com/listing/475371047/vintage-inpsired-floral-engagement-ring

I don't want to spend more than a few hundred on the setting since it's just a travel ring. They confirmed that it will fit a cushion and I'd have them shape the prongs into claws. I'd initially started at looking for something plain but this one caught my eye because of the flowers :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be lovely @ILikeShiny and I bet no one will think it's not the real thing.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be really pretty. Ilya is really nice to work with.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. I love those chunky facets. And I love that setting. I think that would be perfect for this stone.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I did decide to do that setting and my stone is now on its way to Ivy and Rose. I'll share photos once it's completed!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the finished ring :mrgreen:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't you love it???!!! It looks totally real, right?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There seems to be very few WinkCZs left :(

I want a colourless Octavia-cut WinkCZ!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone. Can't wait to see the finished ring on your hand.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are there other cuts you like? I wanted an OEC but those were sold out. Can't say I'm unhappy with this Cartier cut though!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there other cuts you like? I wanted an OEC but those were sold out. Can't say I'm unhappy with this Cartier cut though!

The cartier is my FAVORITE cut. I am considering a colorless modern cut pear. That could be set in sterling and I could save some money!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sh*t. They have a light yellow barion pear 13x8!!! If you want bigger, I'd get that. It's faceted like an old cut. No bowtie

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And they have an old mine cut in a 10 mm size.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan ... UGH... you're killing me! I'm sitting here with hundreds of dollars of CZ's in my cart now. Soooooo want to hit submit - lol.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The light yellow old mine? You could totally tell people it was your grandmothers fancy light yellow diamond! :twisted:

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Colorless was the first to sell out apparently.

I saw there's a 10mm color change one. Would have loved to get that one too but 8mm was the size I was looking for and pink is my gfs preferred color.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The light yellow old mine? You could totally tell people it was your grandmothers fancy light yellow diamond! :twisted:
The sad thing is that about a decade ago I DID own a real 3ct old mine diamond that had been in the family for generations, but always kept in a safe because everyone felt it was too large to wear. I knew NOTHING about diamonds at that time it was given to me and thought it was so huge I'd never wear it so I sold it and made an heirloom ring with the profits.

Yes, I've kicked myself many times for that one....

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Colorless was the first to sell out apparently.

I saw there's a 10mm color change one. Would have loved to get that one too but 8mm was the size I was looking for and pink is my gfs preferred color.
I'm not sure how up-to-date the website is! I might have to drop Wink a line and check.

I'm tempted by the Champagne 7mm to check out the size, even though I'm not that struck on the colour (as I'm hoping to one day be able to afford a 7mm/2ct colourless diamond Octavia - well, I can dream!) but the colour-change in 10mm would be good for the other half as a present... (or I could stash it away and sneak peeks at it like Gollum LOL)

As for other shapes - being male I am perhaps of the mind that step-cuts are 'more masculine' (if I am to bend to gender stereotypes somewhat engrained during my upbringing...) so I'm not sure if I could pull any of the round shapes off?? Criss-cross, stepcut square, and emerald are all nice, but the OctaCZ is the one I'd really like in Colourless! Too late to the party, though - I should have bought a year ago but funds were not good :( Ho hum!

The sad thing is that about a decade ago I DID own a real 3ct old mine diamond that had been in the family for generations, but always kept in a safe because everyone felt it was too large to wear. I knew NOTHING about diamonds at that time it was given to me and thought it was so huge I'd never wear it so I sold it and made an heirloom ring with the profits.

Yes, I've kicked myself many times for that one....

Hindsight is always 20:20!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how up-to-date the website is! I might have to drop Wink a line and check.

As for other shapes - being male I am perhaps of the mind that step-cuts are 'more masculine' (if I am to bend to gender stereotypes somewhat engrained during my upbringing...) so I'm not sure if I could pull any of the round shapes off?? Criss-cross, stepcut square, and emerald are all nice, but the OctaCZ is the one I'd really like in Colourless! Too late to the party, though - I should have bought a year ago but funds were not good :( Ho hum!
Definitely ask. Soxfan said there was more inventory (at least at that time) than what was listed on their website. Perhaps they might have a completed ring using a colorless Octavia that would appeal to you? I was a bit confused looking at their "engagement ring" page... I didn't know if they were selling just the setting or it included the stone; if it includes the stone, maybe there's an option with an Octavia :mrgreen2:

And guys can totally rock other shapes. Imho, it all depends on the setting. There's a big difference between a round in a solitaire and a round in a masculine tension-set band! But depending on the size you want, there is still a colorless emerald cut available. The cross-cross cut is interesting to me (I ADORE the Ashoka cut diamond) but I'm passing for now. Soooo many temptations but I have a puppy to prepare to splurge on - lol.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely ask. Soxfan said there was more inventory (at least at that time) than what was listed on their website. Perhaps they might have a completed ring using a colorless Octavia that would appeal to you? I was a bit confused looking at their "engagement ring" page... I didn't know if they were selling just the setting or it included the stone; if it includes the stone, maybe there's an option with an Octavia :mrgreen2:

And guys can totally rock other shapes. Imho, it all depends on the setting. There's a big difference between a round in a solitaire and a round in a masculine tension-set band! But depending on the size you want, there is still a colorless emerald cut available. The cross-cross cut is interesting to me (I ADORE the Ashoka cut diamond) but I'm passing for now. Soooo many temptations but I have a puppy to prepare to splurge on - lol.

I do love a tension setting and it's what I plan to get if I ever can afford a diamond Octavia :) but they ain't cheap :( lol. Even the Boone Rings versions in Titanium are about $500 for the ones I like! £600+ for a 'fashion' ring (no matter how good-looking) is quite a lot of money for me at the moment... :(

Through ordering some trial bands for my wedding ring, I determined 7mm is the 'just right' size for me - 8mm takes up too much finger space, 6mm looks a little 'skinny' on my big-knuckled skinny fingers - which unfortunately means an Octavia would have to be 2ct+! Damn my expensive taste lol

I was wondering if perhaps one of the Cartier WinkCZ cuts would be do-able in a tension setting - they are quite a 'chunky' cut and aren't round as such, plus they're pretty cheap!

I'm still not sure the missus is sold on me getting a rock - it would definitely have to be a 'butch' setting, I think, or perhaps a coloured stone.

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if perhaps one of the Cartier WinkCZ cuts would be do-able in a tension setting - they are quite a 'chunky' cut and aren't round as such, plus they're pretty cheap!
Definitely. They're quite attractive. And if you buy an 8mm stone then you can reuse the setting when you get your Octavia!

(Yes, I'm an enabler :lol:)

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If you do get a tension setting, make sure that it works for a CZ since they're a good deal softer than a diamond.

Another option I've been looking into is the August Vintage Cushion Amora Gem if the OctaCZ ever fails, since Wink has discontinued making his Octavia CZs.

Presumably the August Vintage Asscher will be making it over to Amora Gems in the future as well.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is on its way back to me! They were supposed to send me a photo first but forgot to, so I'll first see it when it arrives (hopefully by mid next week).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo good, looking forward to seeing it @ILikeShiny :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow this really is a gorgeous stone, it honestly does look like a natural diamond! I can't wait to see the finished piece!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here! They did a great job :appl:

First up is a perspective shot:
IMG_4096.jpg

Next are close-ups:
IMG_4103.JPG

And, finally, some fire!!!! This stone is sooooo pretty!
IMG_4104.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results