shape
carat
color
clarity

My Chameleon Aquamarine Finally Arrived!!!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is one sharp looking stone! I am impressed. Good choice!

Thanks so much @Barrett. I like unusual things and this stone is definitely out of the ordinary. I've liked his stuff for years but could never afford anything until I saw this at the gem show in Tuscon. His show pricing was much friendlier...

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 - Your ring is amazing. It is stunningly beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand (FYI - I think your hands are lovely). I have always been a big fan of John Dyer's work. And David's setting :love::love::love: - beyond words.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 - Your ring is amazing. It is stunningly beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand (FYI - I think your hands are lovely). I have always been a big fan of John Dyer's work. And David's setting :love::love::love: - beyond words.

Hi @Poodles4me! Sorry I'm late with my response I just saw this. Thank you! thank you!, thank you!!! I'm so happy that there are others who like her as much as i do. I was at Home Depot today and lost my husband because I was taking pictures of my ring..the light there is perfect! .LOL

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
I was at Home Depot today and lost my husband because I was taking pictures of my ring..the light there is perfect! .LOL
I don't see any photos of your beauty in the perfect Home Depot light... waiting... waiting... :bigsmile: ... still waiting...:lol:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Wanaka you are so impatient and so funny. :wavey::lol:

This is the true color of the stone, that pale, pale green. The color of a quiet lagoon at dawn. Ah, I am waxing rhetorical...Home Depot does that to me.

20180421_115103.jpg

Edit: the stone is out of focus! I didn't see that before I posted, sorry. So here is another...

View attachment 624231

It's having a chameleon day...

20180421_115051.jpg

Someone Stop Me!!!:naughty: No More Hand Shots!!!

Another Edit: Last hand shot I swear. I want to show more blue...

20180421_105028.jpg

I''m done. Sorry. :oops:

Attachments

• 20180421_105028.jpg
    20180421_105028.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180421_105209.jpg
    20180421_105209.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your pics!! You cannot post enough pics of this beauty

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Wanaka you are so impatient and so funny. :wavey::lol:
This is the true color of the stone, that pale, pale green. The color of a quiet lagoon at dawn. Ah, I am waxing rhetorical...Home Depot does that to me.
It's having a chameleon day...
Someone Stop Me!!!:naughty: No More Hand Shots!!!
Another Edit: Last hand shot I swear. I want to show more blue...
I''m done. Sorry. :oops:
No sorry allowed! These are all beautiful, and the funniest part is that us PSers have now realised that Home Depot has perfect lighting for hand shots :lol-2: (too bad I don't live in the States!) Your post is actually inspiring me to look into aquas, oh no, I've been bitten bad by this forum haven't I...

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No sorry allowed! These are all beautiful, and the funniest part is that us PSers have now realised that Home Depot has perfect lighting for hand shots :lol-2: (too bad I don't live in the States!) Your post is actually inspiring me to look into aquas, oh no, I've been bitten bad by this forum haven't I...
Honestly, I've never had a desire for an aqua until I saw this stone and then I couldn't resist. I usually prefer the more saturated colors but this guy blew my socks off.

You are right, this forum is TERRIBLE for people with poor impulse control. That's me, Poor Impulse Control. Welcome to the club!!:lol:

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
Before I sent the stone to DK I took loads of pictures in all different lighting. All were the pale watery green color. It was midday when I started the completed ring photo shoot and for the first couple of hours (yes, HOURS! I'm a good pricescoper:geek2:) it was the gorgeous bright blue. Later on in the day I finally had the lighting to capture the pale green.
I've worn it constantly over the past week and it just depends on the quality of the sunlight. In the shade and indoors it stays green. It may be a bit odd, but so am I...

Super neat, Suzanne!:appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving all the new pics @suzanne2. :love: This baby just doesn’t get old. Look at that cut.
Have you been wearing it nonstop?

I laughed at your comment on how many pics you’ve taken. I have a million pics of gems & jewelry in my phone just so I can upload a select few. Every time I’m in a good lighting situation or I see a pretty flower, I whip out my phone for an impromptu photo shoot. BTW, does your DH give you the same “your a weirdo” look that my husband directs at me every time he catches me sneaking in some pics. :shock: :lol:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Loving all the new pics @suzanne2. :love: This baby just doesn’t get old. Look at that cut.
Have you been wearing it nonstop?

I laughed at your comment on how many pics you’ve taken. I have a million pics of gems & jewelry in my phone just so I can upload a select few. Every time I’m in a good lighting situation or I see a pretty flower, I whip out my phone for an impromptu photo shoot. BTW, does your DH give you the same “your a weirdo” look that my husband directs at me every time he catches me sneaking in some pics. :shock: :lol:

I think we are ALL crazy!! Of course he gives me the "weirdo" look! He's driving us somewhere and talking away while I have my hand in the air taking pics...or he is gardening while I'm on my hands and knees trying to get a flower shot.:eek2: It's REALLLY bad when your DOG thinks you are crazy too. For example:

20180424_075644_001.jpg

The look on her face is priceless :rolleyes:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG You have golden!!!! A GOLDEN!!!!!! No wonder I like you from just reading your posts :lol:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!
:appl:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't get me started!! You think I have lots of RING pictures?? You should see how many I have of HER!!!
(She's my bestest friend)

She's gorgeous!!!! Such a kissable muzzle :love::love::love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we are ALL crazy!! Of course he gives me the "weirdo" look! He's driving us somewhere and talking away while I have my hand in the air taking pics...or he is gardening while I'm on my hands and knees trying to get a flower shot.:eek2: It's REALLLY bad when your DOG thinks you are crazy too. For example:

20180424_075644_001.jpg

Look at that face! All "seriously Mom?" :lol-2:

She is freaking adorable btw. :love:

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

20180424_075644_001.jpg

“Really? We’re doing this again?”

What a cutie! =)2

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She's gorgeous!!!! Such a kissable muzzle :love::love::love:

Thanks! She is an attention whore so taking ring pictures is incredibly difficult. This picture was almost easy because I woke her up to take it.:mrgreen: The next picture shows you what it's USUALLY like. Lolol This is me holding her mouth shut in a desperate effort to get a ring picture.:lol-2: SHE WON'T STOP LICKING ME!!!!

20180413_124550 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20180413_124551.jpg
    20180413_124551.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 29

cats_sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
wow! That is stunning!! Both the stone cutting and the setting! Yummy! Perfection! Good for you, enjoy it!:wavey:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would never have thought that an aquamarine ring could be this stunning. The stone itself is incredible, but the setting makes it perfect.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would never have thought that an aquamarine ring could be this stunning. The stone itself is incredible, but the setting makes it perfect.

@leslie1956 Thank you! Check out John Dyers site. It's called his zig zag cut. They are pricey but unique. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looove the beautiful pics of your gorgeous rings. The stone is super special and so is the setting. I keep coming back to this thread!
I had to laugh when I saw the pics of your dog with the ring on her paw. Whahaha. That look on her face

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looove the beautiful pics of your gorgeous rings. The stone is super special and so is the setting. I keep coming back to this thread!
I had to laugh when I saw the pics of your dog with the ring on her paw. Whahaha. That look on her face

Bwaahahaha!!! Me too. I died when I saw the picture. She is so generous but this was the final straw.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did this ring pass me by??!!?

Absolutely amazing! I have never seen a stone cut like this before & it looks perfect on you! The craftsmanship of the setting is a perfect marriage - I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results