shape
carat
color
clarity

My CBI diamond has found its forever home! Introducing my VC Laurel!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, this is amazing!:love: Your whole collection is amazing! I was looking back at some of your other threads and realized I missed the new CER studs! You've chosen some fabulous pieces in the last couple of years!

mermaid

Rough_Rock
Just beautiful! A masterpiece and it looks so beautiful on your finger. :)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spectacular diamond and a gorgeous setting to really show off this stunner! Congratulations, you’re one lucky lady, enjoy :love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! Congratulations on finding perfection!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - congrats on your new ring! It looks fabulous on you!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous! Congratulations! :appl:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
It's so beautiful! I especially love the wavy band.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is CRAZY beautiful! It doesn't get any better than a CBI + VC!! :clap:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow both the stone and the setting are gorgeous in every way, congrats!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous ring! Gorgeous stone and amazing setting, congratulations!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A fireball, wrapped in fire!! love it.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am overwhelmed by everyone's responses; thank you all so much! I will try to respond to individual posts over the next day or two (and sorry for the delay; things have been oh so busy!), but for now just know that it means a lot to share my excitement with you all! I feel very strongly about giving credit where credit is due, and Victor, Wink, and Melissa deserve all the praise I can send their way. They are truly amazing to work with, and this ring is just everything I could ever want it to be! :love: Thank you all again for your kind words!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is spectacular :love::clap:

Do you still play the flute?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is spectacular :love::clap:

Do you still play the flute?
Thank you so much, @cflutist! You have certainly been one of my CBI inspirations!! :love:

I do still play the flute, actually! Lately life has been so busy with work and three children ages 10 and under that the time seems to evaporate, so most of my discretionary "music" time has been spent playing piano and trying to regain proficiency there. But I truly love playing the flute and I miss the days of playing in ensembles and orchestras. One of these days I hope to get back to that as well, and you have definitely inspired me to make time for that passion!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
It's completely DELICIOIUS! Love everything about your new bling! You wear it well :)

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning carbonfan :love:
Enjoy!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Seroiously amazing. Like, jaw-dropping. How do you get anything done with that bling on your finga. Wow, every detail is impeccable. Congratulations!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:WOW that is gorgeous! LOVE the band/shank design! Congrats! :clap:

A truly gorgeous masterpiece! Congratulations and enjoy.

Omg it is so so gorgeous :love:

Pls post more pics for us to enjoy. Really beautiful!!!

What amazing skill and craftsmanship went into the diamond and setting! It is truly a piece to cherish.

It is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

HI:

HOLY MOLY:love:

cheers--Sharon

Wow, thank you so much @the_mother_thing,, @Queenie60, @icy_jade, @princessandthepear, @luv2sparkle, and @canuk-gal! It truly is an amazing design and I felt so fortunate to have the chance to work with Victor yet again. His artistry is truly incredible! I will try to post more photos soon!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh it is a thing of beauty. Please post a million more photos! And a video if you can... :lickout:

Sublime in every way! Your collection is magnificent!
You and Victor are a dream team! :love:

Thank you so much, @Lykame and @Bonfire! I can't get over how much I love this piece! And thank you for your kind words... I wish I could take some credit, but really I just throw my ideas over to Victor and he tells me which ones will work! :lol: I absolutely adore both of your rings as well!! :love::love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mesmerizing is the PERFECT word!! :appl: I agree, the stone is magnificent and the setting is original, unique and out-of-this-world gorgeous. Congratulations!!! I hope you enjoy it in the best of health and happiness for many years to come.

An icy white diamond gets me every time... how stunning. And a CBI to boot! :kiss2:

Soooooo gorgeous! It is stunning!:love:

It's gorgeous, congratulations!!

It is fabulous!! Congrats!

You all are too kind! Thank you so much @SandyinAnaheim, @LinSF, @ceg, @Catmom, and @yennyfire! Words really do not do justice to Victor's work (nor do my photos!), and I was really fortunate to happen into this CBI as well. It definitely felt like serendipity! :twirl: Thank you all for sharing my excitement!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How utterly gorgeous! Lucky you! :))

Omg. That diamond is NUTS!!! Be careful driving!! congratulations on another spectacular setting from Victor. :appl::appl::appl:

Gorgeous :love: Wear in health and blingy happiness @carbonfan :appl:

Umm, this is amazing!:love: Your whole collection is amazing! I was looking back at some of your other threads and realized I missed the new CER studs! You've chosen some fabulous pieces in the last couple of years!
Aww, thank you so much @mrs-b, @LLJsmom, @missy, and @diamondseeker2006! This means the world to me coming from all of you, as you have an amazing wealth of knowledge and good taste, not to mention a fountain of blingy wisdom, and each one of you has been a source of inspiration to me! I am humbled to have found such an amazing stone that is now in an equally incredible setting by Victor. His artistry never ceases to amaze me and I feel very lucky indeed! However, I must say that I have truly learned so much from each of you and my choices have drastically improved over the years as a result. Years ago I would never have dreamed of such amazing pieces, and I am enjoying them so very much!

As a side note, @missy, your kitty cat is absolutely precious!! :love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! The setting is a perfect forever home for your beautiful diamond. Definitely an heirloom piece!
Another post because I had to come back for another look. :kiss2: I just went to VC’s site to see the Laurel and I love the changes you made. The 6 prongs look wonderful. I like the donut as well but am curious about them. Did you want a donut so your ring would sit a little lower? Is that the purpose of a donut?
Never have seen a wavy setting like that before. What type of wedding band do you plan to wear with it? The ring is beautiful. :love:
Thank you so much, @LittleRed and @lambskin! I totally agree; it is a stunning setting and one with just enough complexity that it will continue to captivate me over the years. It is complex, yet so graceful at the same time... kind of an oxymoron of sorts, but in the most beautiful way!

So I think that the choice of donut or no donut is primarily personal preference; I personally like the aesthetic look of the donut in the profile of the ring as well as the subtle gap that it creates between the e-ring and wedding band. But it also serves a practical purpose, as it lends some additional structural integrity to the ring, an added layer of protection if you will. So I love the donut for both aesthetic and practical reasons!

As far as wedding bands go, I have to admit that I was tempted to order a matching band, if for no other reason than that I love the waved design THAT much! But then I realized that an exact match might be too much in this case, and I actually love it with a plain single-cut eternity band. I also have an EW Imogen band that looks amazing with it, so right now I am alternating between those two bands. The toip view of the band looks very pronounced in photos but is actually very subtle IRL, so it is delightfully easy to pair this ring with other bands. So for right now I am enjoying mixing and matching!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and beautiful diamond!

Gorgeous! And I have never seen a shank like that before - it’s captivating!

so pretty and I love the wavy side profile! enjoy!

That is just lovely! The shank is right up my alley!:kiss2:

I appreciate all of your kind words, @alpha238, @Alex T, @bludiva, and @tyty333; thank you so much! I cannot say enough about this design; it is so organic and compelling, and the shank had me from hello! There are so many intricate details that are just stunning... I truly don't know how Victor does it, but everything he creates is beautiful beyond belief, and this one in particular is just magical. Thank you for sharing my excitement!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring! Is this a new design by Victor? It’s absolutely gorgeous.
That is just gorgeous!! 2.59 E CBI AND Victor Canera!! Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to sell my house...:lol:
This is a stunning diamond/setting, I don’t know how you pick which to wear!
Aww, thank you @Acinom, @bright ice, and @angeljosephy! Victor's Laurel design predates my ring, but the original Laurel is a four-prong setting without a donut. I loved the Laurel but had become enamored with the six-prong scalloped basket, so I asked Victor if he could create the Laurel with the six-prong head and add a donut, and the rest is history! I really do love this rendition of the Laurel!

Honestly, I always thought I was a "one ring to rule them all" kind of girl, and fiscally that makes a whole lot more sense, that's for sure! But it is fun to have a classic MRB ring as well as an Art Deco OEC ring as they truly are so different. I feel like the Laurel is just perfect for more low-key days or anytime I want something more traditional, but I enjoy wearing the octagonal solitaire every bit as often. I have been ridiculously frugal for the majority of my life, so it is fun to finally feel free to have some fun with bling! Biut I think that those decades of scrimping have made me appreciate everything that much more, and Victor's work is literally awe-inspiring. I am truly humbled to get to wear such beautiful pieces!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! A masterpiece and it looks so beautiful on your finger. :)
Spectacular diamond and a gorgeous setting to really show off this stunner! Congratulations, you’re one lucky lady, enjoy :love:
Stunning ring! Congratulations on finding perfection!
I think it is gorgeous! Congratulations! :appl:
It's so beautiful! I especially love the wavy band.
Beautiful ring!

Wow, thank you @mermaid, @Sparkles88, @natasha-cupcake, @tkyasx78, @GlitterInMyHair, and @elizat! The CBI stone is a sparkle bomb and I am so fortunate to have it! I deliberated about a setting for about six months after purchasing the stone. After perusing VC's collection online I finally decided that I wanted the six-prong scalloped pavé basket but with a cathedral setting and a slight twist on the shank. I threw a lot of ideas around before Victor suggested the Laurel, which I absolutely adore! This setting is more beautiful than anything I had envisioned (and yes, the wavy band literally takes my breath away!), and it showcases this stone to perfection. :love: This ring truly is a masterpiece, as is everything that Victor creates!

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - congrats on your new ring! It looks fabulous on you!!

Another beauty by VC!! It’s gorgeous, @carbonfan!!!! :kiss2:

That is CRAZY beautiful! It doesn't get any better than a CBI + VC!! :clap:

Wow both the stone and the setting are gorgeous in every way, congrats!!!

Fabulous ring! Gorgeous stone and amazing setting, congratulations!
Thank you, @MissGotRocks, @Matthews1127, @KristyDarling, @arkieb1, and @junebug17... your kind words mean so much! I am literally still pinching myself over the whole thing... having the opportunity to work with both Wink and Victor is already a treat in itself, but the beauty of this ring literally made my jaw drop. I still can't get over it! I realize that I shouldn't be surprised, as I can confidently say that you can't really go wrong if you start with an amazing diamond and then let Victor work his magic... the result is guaranteed to be amazing! But Victor's creations never cease to amaze me, and I truly feel so fortunate about the way all of this worked out. Victor earnestly devotes himself to every aspect of his craft, and I admire and appreciate all of the painstaking effort that this masterpiece represents.

@arkieb1, I should add that I have been so inspired by your amazing VC beauties over the years! And @junebug, I have been smitten with your oval halo stunner ever since seeing it on VC's instagram back in December! You both have such incredibly gorgeous pieces! :love:

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A fireball, wrapped in fire!! love it.

It's completely DELICIOIUS! Love everything about your new bling! You wear it well :)

Simply stunning carbonfan :love:
Enjoy!

Seroiously amazing. Like, jaw-dropping. How do you get anything done with that bling on your finga. Wow, every detail is impeccable. Congratulations!!!
Aww, thank you so much @Tekate, @pinklemonadegurl, @ringcat, and @apacherose! You really know how to make a girl blush! It is fun to be able to share this with you all because I know you understand the bling excitement! I am so grateful to the PS community as I have learned so much from everyone over the years, and it is how I came to discover Victor and Wink, who are just genuinely wonderful people. We are all so fortunate to have this resource and to be able to learn from each other! But yes, I feel incredibly fortunate, as this ring truly is a stunning creation and a work of art in its own right! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous. Congratulations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results