shape
carat
color
clarity

My cat has discovered toilet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, sorry the photo is sideways - I swear I rotated it before I saved it!!
7.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Ellaila, I saw this in the newspaper today and thought of you:

Hints From Heloise

By Heloise
Saturday, December 2, 2006; 12:00 AM

Cat on a Roll

Dear Heloise: My cat, Shadow, was ruining the TOILET PAPER -- unrolling it, shredding it and biting the roll. I cut the middle section out of a clean 2-liter soda bottle so that it was the same width as the tissue roll. Then I cut a slit down the whole length of the cylinder. This is easy to slip off and onto the roll of tissue, and Shadow can''t get to the paper. I decorated it by applying stickers and writing "Shadow Buster" in permanent marker. -- Sue in Reading, Pa.

Cats and toilet paper do seem to be "playmates"! We tested this in Heloise Central and found that you can leave the clear "sleeve" on and it''s still easy to grab the paper. It might not be stylish, but it works. -- Heloise

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, no tips, since I don''t have cats, but I just wanted to say that yours is absolutely adorable, although a little hellion!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 5:05:56 PM
Author: elsie
Ellaila, I saw this in the newspaper today and thought of you:

Hints From Heloise

By Heloise
Saturday, December 2, 2006; 12:00 AM

Cat on a Roll

Dear Heloise: My cat, Shadow, was ruining the TOILET PAPER -- unrolling it, shredding it and biting the roll. I cut the middle section out of a clean 2-liter soda bottle so that it was the same width as the tissue roll. Then I cut a slit down the whole length of the cylinder. This is easy to slip off and onto the roll of tissue, and Shadow can''t get to the paper. I decorated it by applying stickers and writing ''Shadow Buster'' in permanent marker. -- Sue in Reading, Pa.

Cats and toilet paper do seem to be ''playmates''! We tested this in Heloise Central and found that you can leave the clear ''sleeve'' on and it''s still easy to grab the paper. It might not be stylish, but it works. -- Heloise
Oh my gosh, Elsie -- that''s brilliant!! Hahaha!! Yes, unstylish indeed, but we''re definitely going to try it if the pennies-in-a-can (currently in the bathroom) doesn''t work. Thanks
21.gif

And, thanks, Cinderella! Yes, our little Monkey is quite the looker -- lucky for him! It''s hard to stay mad at such a cute little guy. And to be honest, he makes us laugh every single day, so I suppose a few sacrificial rolls of TP are an OK price to pay for having such a great kitty in our lives
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
LOL ellaila, these pictures were great.
9.gif
My cat Chandler has a love/hate relationship with TP and paper towels, too. He''s been good recently, though. Hopefully you guys can find something to stop "Shredder". I like the plastic cover and can ideas.

One additional thought I had was that there is a spray available in some pet stores that is scented with cat pheromones. It''s actually a deterrent to cats because they usually won''t mess with another cat''s stuff. If you could get a TP holder that has scented inserts, you could remove the original one and replace it with a pheromone scented insert. I''ve never tried this, but maybe it could work...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results