carat
color
clarity

My Camellia ring - mahenge+Burmese spinels+diamonds, 14kyg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Camellia ring - mahenge+Burmese spinels+diamonds, 14k

Looking at the multiple stacker ring picture, I'd say someone likes pink a lot. :lol: Gorgeous ring, BTW. A great way to get additional finger coverage too.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Mochiko - sure, lol!!

Stone Hunter - thanks very much :)

Chrono - yes, I do love pink and pink/red! Mostly just in spinels though. Tried to go that route with pink sapphires too, but spinels are much more satisfying to me for that particular color.

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful ring, I also love the yellow gold.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE IT Katharath!!!! Congratulations!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Thank you PieAreSquared and ilovegemstones :)

I love the yellow gold with it too...almost went with rose, but I thought YG would be better. Very happy with that choice.

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock

katharath|1439677651|3914978 said:
Couple of side and further away views, plus group shot of my mahenge and Burmese pink/red rings

Wow I'm amazed at how well the spinels match. They are cut well and mounted nicely in a unique ring. But I also like the later picture of all the spinels together in the gem jar. Makes me wonder why rubies are still more popular than spinels! You have a picture wearing different rings, and the ring closest to your knuckle is a 3 stone design with blue-green-ish stones on the outside. Are they tourmalines?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like this ring setting, your ring is beautiful!!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Red spinel - the three stone ring has a center mahenge and mint garnets on the sides, that was another sort of long project as it took me awhile to find the gems :). Mint garnets are another obsession of mine, but that's a story for another day, lol....

Arkie - thank you very much :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Update on my spinel/diamond earrings project: they are done, and I have three pics from Yvonne, plus a few of my own. I just got them today and it was so overcast and gray outside all day long - I took a few ok pics and the spinels look decent even in these conditions, but they were hurried. I'll try to get better pics and ear shots soon! You can't really see the sparkle and flash of the gems in Yvonne's pics; I think she just wanted to show me the details, as she knows that I've seen the gems IRL ; so I didn't need pics to be completely accurate color wise.

Here's the info about them again so you don't need to look back for it - if you remember, then skip to the pics!

Settings are 14k YG, by Yvonne Raley.

The earrings are using the same round Burmese parcel as my ring, and they're just as beautiful as the ones in the ring :). The pear Burmese on bottom aren't an exact color match to the melee rounds, just a generally somewhat close color. I knew that going in, but I felt that with earrings I didn't need to be as "exact" - (I wanted that with my ring though, which was why I was so deliriously happy with it, lol).

The little diamonds are slightly bigger than the melee, I wanted them to pop a bit, and I think the extra bit of size helped. They're OMC 2.5-2.6 mm each, G/VS. (The melee Burmese are 2 mm, vs the 2.5/2.6 mm diamonds).

I had debated about possibly using diamond pears for the bottom dangles, but wanted more color, so that's why I kept with the Burmese spinel theme. A part of me kind of wishes I had done that, just to make the earrings somewhat fancier... But I do think they turned out really well.

Yvonne did *exactly* what I asked for. The earrings are very delicate but bigger than I'm used to since I stick to studs so much. They're lightweight but sturdy enough, especially with the secure hooks. I wore them for several hour today and really enjoyed them, very comfortable, light and secure.

Ok, a few pics for today... Yvonne's first, plus another pic of my inspiration earrings, which belong to a fellow boardie, JulieKae. I posted a pic of them up thread but am reposting it so I can credit her for inspiring me, I didn't realize they were hers until I posted about them here :)

_33611.jpg

_33612.jpg

_33613.jpg

_33614.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

The pics I snapped today. Sorry that's all I have for now, but I will get more very soon - wanted to update though for anyone who was curious :)

_33615.jpg

_33616.jpg

_33617.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS...add another "want" to my growing project wishlist with Yvonne :wall:

Where are the pendant and bracelet? :cheeky:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! The rich colors are so decadent and luxurious! The set is so beautiful that all the pieces absolutely deserve to be worn often, not just saved for special occasions. :love: Yvonne did a fabulous job, as always. More photos, please!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

mochiko42|1440566071|3919250 said:
Gorgeous! The rich colors are so decadent and luxurious! The set is so beautiful that all the pieces absolutely deserve to be worn often, not just saved for special occasions. :love: Yvonne did a fabulous job, as always. More photos, please!!!

+1 more photos, please :angel:

:love: a dream jewelry suite :love: I'm in love. Congratulations- these are sublime.

and goodness, love those pears- how perfect can you get.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Thank you, my friends. I will get more pics for sure but it might be another day...today is a hard day for me. I lost a dear friend exactly one year ago today, and so I'm just not at my best. On top of that I'm sick. So...pics tomorrow, I think :)

Lilmosun - I am not sure where I'll go from here. I do have some Burmese spinels left, but most are planned for a ring. I don't really have enough to do a big pendant...I'll have to think about this. I was maybe thinking of doing a pendant in Yvonne's new big oval sunflower double (or is it triple?) layer style - it's big! If I do that I have the gems already to make it with mint garnets. I have the big center oval 9x7 mm , and I have 10 mint melee gems for one layer, then it would be diamonds for the other, that's all I'd need Yvonne to source. It would be a pendant in a similar style as the spinel jewelry, but totally different color! I just don't think I'll do a bracelet, I have a fun Tiffany bracelet that is simple in style (18k YG hearts) but just goes with everything, and I wear it every single day. It feels like the only bracelet I need for now :)

Mochiko - do not worry, these will get worn all the time :). Grocery store, taking kids to school, etc etc...I don't live an exciting enough life to save my jewelry for special occasions, lol! And even though these are bright lovely pieces, they're not big pieces that look out of place - they work for every day too. And if they don't, well I really don't care, bc they're going to be worn to very casual places and that's that ;-)

Apache rose - thank you! Glad you found these pics too, and thank you for all the advice and kind words!

Here is a pic of the pendant style I was describing above, I'm considering doing this with one of my 2+ ct mint garnets. The only thing really holding me back is that I had planned on doing a ring with the gem, I'm just not sure if I should go the pendant route. Have to think on it...

_33645.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just told her how much I love that pendant!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kath: I'm sorry for your loss and for your being sick. :(sad That said, well done. I look forward to ear and hand shots. I love that sunflower pendant you posted and think whatever you make next will be fabulous. I love living vicariously through you.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1440611310|3919454 said:
Kath: I'm sorry for your loss and for your being sick. :(sad That said, well done. I look forward to ear and hand shots. I love that sunflower pendant you posted and think whatever you make next will be fabulous. I love living vicariously through you.

Thank you so much for the nice post. I'm just feeling down today, I'll be fine...but it's still nice to hear your encouraging words :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Katharath, I hope your gorgeous pieces are bringing a bit of sunlight to your day. Sorry for your loss!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry your hurting. :(sad

Your new earrings are gorgeous. They go so perfectly with that stunning ring. If that were me, I'd be wearing both every day. :naughty:
I love the style of that pendant. I'd say it's a good choice.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry for your loss. Hope you feel better soon.

GREAT job on the earrings, they coordinate so nicely with the ring. :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I posted my heartless reply after seeing the picture on my phone. I didn't even read your post through. I'm so sorry today is a tough one for you. Hopefully, you were able to also remember happier times with your friend and focused on your own recuperation. Feel better.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Lilmosun - Please don't think twice about it! Thanks for your nice post, but don't feel bad about the earlier one, it was fine :)

Really I appreciate all of your kind words - ilovegemstones, stone hunter, Elle - and the compliments too.

I don't mean to post such downer things over here on PS, but sometimes it's hard to power through on a tough day. All of your thoughtful posts really did help. It's just a tough time of year. Last year this week I lost two loved ones within less than a week, both completely unexpectedly. One was an uncle and the other a dear friend, both were people that I loved. They both went way too soon, my friend was only 33. At least my uncle was closer to 60, though to me that's still quite young. It's the first anniversary of that week, with today being a specific day as I mentioned earlier - I know it will be easier as time goes by, and it already is much easier of course, since it's been a whole year now. It's just a sad anniversary that I can't help feeling bad about.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry Katharath in the loss of your loved ones and your grief today. I know it's tough and how a bad day can just grab you. For many of us jewelry and gems are a distraction from life's hard and pressing moments. Take care.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Lisa, you are so right. Feeling much better today emotionally, hoping to have a much better day! Will get pics up either today or tomorrow depending on how the sunlight is :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock

A few more pics. It's dead gray skies here again (of course still almost 100 degrees outside...bleh), so there is no sunlight to make these glow and sparkle, but I've been promising pics, so here you go, lol

Despite the lack of sun these still look pretty amazing IMO!

_33667.jpg

_33668.jpg

_33669.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

With ring

_33670.jpg

_33671.jpg

_33672.jpg

_33673.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, the earrings are stunning too!!! Very cool set!!!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Glad you are feeling better all around. Thank you for the update of your finished set! Fantastic!!! :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Arkie and lovesvintage - thank you :)

I still need to post ear shots but didn't want to take too many pics today, the lighting outside was just not worth spending a lot of time on pics. I'll try again when the sun wants to come out!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

:love: Beautiful earrings and ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results