shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
2020 is a really strange year for many. To put it mildly.

For me, I left Myanmar and am now back in our HQ, in a department that is predominantly male. Mostly with engineering backgrounds at that (no, not me lol).

I've also seemed to turn into a resident gem & jadeite hunter cum designer for them when they are sourcing gifts for their girlfriends and fiancee! Saving them oodles from the retail B&M they usually get from.

Here is a pair of Ceylon round lighter electric royal blue sapphires, heated, 1.07ct. Sourced by my PS buddy ;-)

To be set into sapphire studs with 3 pointer diamond melee.

20200714_005405.jpg

Have you recovered from the culture shock? I always feel like HQ to Field is the worst jump.

But what fun shopping for beautiful things for other people.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you recovered from the culture shock? I always feel like HQ to Field is the worst jump.

But what fun shopping for beautiful things for other people.

Thanks for checking in :) trying to cope with the COVID Flood instead! It's a cray cray year.

Plenty of online retail therapy though.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tried on this new jadeite 20201017_111708.jpg bangle from my latest shopping haul.

Icy, graduated shades of blue, green-blue, light yellow, with a feel of what my Burmese friend describes as candle texture. Very smooth, very molten, soulful, if that could be used.

I also have an icy green bangle with white base in this lot, but gravitate towards these soothing, calming shades that change colour from day to night.

20201017_111533.jpg 20201017_111537.jpg 20201017_111659.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you need extra wrists to liberate them from their wrapping, I’m around... just sayin'

Haha I just grab better ones in my size. Jadeite short supply now with the mines closed.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how lovely! What a great idea I would never have thought of that. This is why I need to find a good designer to partner with. I’m a magpie with collecting rare stones but don’t have the imagination to do them justice in settings.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh how lovely! What a great idea I would never have thought of that. This is why I need to find a good designer to partner with. I’m a magpie with collecting rare stones but don’t have the imagination to do them justice in settings.

I have a stack of various jadeite and gemstones unset, because the inspiration hasn't struck, or else I just don't know or can't decide how to set them :) I believe in fate and the right time will come, when that happens or when I see something that triggers the urge to set a particular stone.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are lovely! Are they from Yvonne? I saw a pair on her website recently - so beautiful and a tremendous use of their beauty:)

Thank you :)

These are jadeite sourced from a pool of sellers in China :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the mail and on its way to me. A go big or go home convertible ring-dant in 18k white gold, milgrain and some diamond melee goodness.

Because it's almost the end of 2020, time for some festive cheer in lieu of year end holidays!

20201022_153140.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Love your last 2 pieces!:kiss2: Great designs!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another project just completed at the setter's. Star flower diamond halo.

Terribly difficult to find good green jadeite cabs above 10mm this year. So this should be my last for some time.

20201113_203925.jpg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Another project just completed at the setter's. Star flower diamond halo.

Terribly difficult to find good green jadeite cabs above 10mm this year. So this should be my last for some time.

20201113_203925.jpg

You have such great taste. Where did the settings for the cabs come from?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have such great taste. Where did the settings for the cabs come from?

Thank you! I work with a small setter in China to customise my settings :) but they only work with 18k gold and not other metals.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My self designed latticework milgrain ring. 18k white gold, diamonds and icy green jadeite cabs :)

20201115_200604.jpg

Congratulations, it's an innovative and very beautiful design!

The gorgeousness of your jadeite pieces just leaves me green with envy! :lol-2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations, it's an innovative and very beautiful design!

The gorgeousness of your jadeite pieces just leaves me green with envy! :lol-2:

Thank you, you are too kind :)

I was looking for something smaller than my other greens, less in the face that would be work appropriate, but didn't have a standard halo (because that takes the joy out of custom settings for me) and didn't cost an arm and leg :D

Reactions: prs

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could you send details of where you buy from? Is this Grade A?

A grade.

No. You would be better off buying from Western retailers. My sources are direct from China and Southeast Asia.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Feeling excited about my first green jadeite cab bracelet. I bought the set of 7 different sized green cabs months ago but sat on them for months, while trying to settle on a design I would like.

I didn't want anything too OTT or Chinese with plenty of bling, but one that resonated more with me.

Finally felt that this coral reef-inspired design is very me and has a good flow as a bracelet connector. 18k white gold. Did think about yellow gold instead, which would provide better contrast, but went ahead with white as that matches the majority of my jewellery.

Photos from the setter. The way international postage is, I'm likely to get this well into Jan 2021 as my NY's gift to myself!

mmexport1608704302750.jpg

Attachments

• mmexport1608704314460.jpg
    mmexport1608704314460.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 11

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those gorgeous green cabs. Wow!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

There are only five :love: because your photos are shorting us the other two cabs. Please remedy this immediately!!! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results