shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As an admirer of fabric - I love the these!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The colors are just amazing, thanks for sharing those beautiful gowns!

Thanks for checking them out! Selecting the fabric was like being in Ali Baba's cave with unending piles of fabric, glitter, embroidery and more!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are gorgeous! I of course adore the blue! How fabulous that you wear those. What great pictures...thank you for taking the time:) Now I’m going to finally get that skirt made.

Haha looking forward to your photos when ready! Mine have a cloth 1.5 inch broad waistband in black with a hook and eye and zipper to the side

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Quite refreshing to see your colorful outfits as well as your CS jewelry. Tailoring fees $23 per set has me going :-o! I guess that this is another perk to living over there.

Gotta compensate for floods, air pollution, expensive imported food, dengue, food poisoning etc lol.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Just for fun, collected a few sets today that were sent in last Nov. Karen ethnicity patterns, not silk but are gorgeous (to me). Selected the embroidered fabric while in Karen State and had fun going crazy in the shop that has its own workshops in another state with the designs unique to them.

This is how they wear them to functions but the style I chose in terms of tailoring and fabric is already on the simple side.

Tailoring fees... US$23 per set. Fabric cost around US$60-80 per set.

20200113_001635.jpg 20200113_001519.jpg

Beautiful. I love the colors on you. Is this considered formal wear?

NickiBlue

Rough_Rock
Princess Ruby Ring

I had fun trying to match similar rubies and with the help of my jeweller, managed to find these 3 out of the huge lot of small rubies they had accumulated over the past decade. They're small but I'm told of a nice texture and are clean. Unheated, from Mogok (I also have a pair of small Mong Hsu rubies and the black rutiles you can see clearly in them). Not the "right red", but they are close enough in shade to each other and a decent colour to me.

Because of the native uncalibrated cuts, it took me a couple of months to think of a design and lots of Google search. I finally decided that the best way to mask the unequal sizes would be to set them in a crown design. This is set locally so the 18k gold is on the thick side. I had it made in white gold and then coated rose gold. This is a different goldsmith from the one that set my pink sapphire dangling earrings and is able to do finer work, imho. We had the wax mould sent over first before deciding to proceed with setting the ring.

Here's the end result.

rubring1.jpg

rubring2.jpg

rubring3.jpg

rubring4.jpg

I love this crown ring!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wearing greens and not sure which I like better.

The cool, light, pale green or the more intense one. Since I have 2 wrists, why not 1 on each? :)

On a non gem note, picked up 2 more pieces of local embroidered fabric through my colleagues who got them from another state, to send to the tailor next time I'm in town.

20200216_112947.jpg 20200216_112920.jpg 20200216_112932.jpg 20200122_174132.jpeg

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Wearing greens and not sure which I like better.

The cool, light, pale green or the more intense one. Since I have 2 wrists, why not 1 on each? :)

On a non gem note, picked up 2 more pieces of local embroidered fabric through my colleagues who got them from another state, to send to the tailor next time I'm in town.

20200216_112947.jpg 20200216_112920.jpg 20200216_112932.jpg 20200122_174132.jpeg

I like them all. Good there is two wrists so you didn’t have to decide. My hubby likes the more intense green.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Been hunting for a half coloured jadeite bangle for some time in my size.

This checked the box. Although the brownish part has rough spots, that's fine as that's from the boulder rind or cover. Love the dramatic contrast.

IMG-20200311-WA0036(1).jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This checked the box. Although the brownish part has rough spots, that's fine as that's from the boulder rind or cover. Love the dramatic contrast.

Oh, that is gorgeous! Like ice melting to expose a fertile Spring earth! GREAT find!!:)

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock

Can’t wait to see you wearing it and posting it!!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My light pink jadeite bangle that arrived a couple of days back.

It holds its colour well in daylight. Will try for daylight shots tomorrow. Fine grain with flecks of green.

20200321_011030.jpg 20200321_011033.jpg

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
My light pink jadeite bangle that arrived a couple of days back.

It holds its colour well in daylight. Will try for daylight shots tomorrow. Fine grain with flecks of green.

20200321_011030.jpg 20200321_011033.jpg

Can’t wait to see the pink on daylight. Won’t know it was pink if you didn’t say so

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for sharing. Subtle and feminine at the same time

I wore her out while doing my work rounds outside (*cry* world has gone nuts and work has gone the same way) today. It really holds its colour so well in ALL lights. Love the fresh and creamy feel.

Looking forward to seeing yours soon!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore her out while doing my work rounds outside (*cry* world has gone nuts and work has gone the same way) today. It really holds its colour so well in ALL lights. Love the fresh and creamy feel.

Looking forward to seeing yours soon!

I've been wondering how you are and what it is like where you live generally with everything and everyone going crazy because of the virus....

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been wondering how you are and what it is like where you live generally with everything and everyone going crazy because of the virus....

Thanks for the concern. Am now in Singapore. A number of overseas based colleagues have been pulled back too.

There is no sustained level of panic yet. The government is stepping up measures on social distancing and entry restrictions. Let's hope the tide turns for everyone and every country very soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results