shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe yes indeed! I did buy more than those posted but won't see the rest till end Sep.

I think I've reached a point of too much. Not to come across as a braggart or to be boastful. But I feel somewhat cluttered when I see how much I have that's not worn enough on a regular basis which isn't possible owing to the amount. My tastes have also changed along the way.

Moving forward I will just focus on a handful of special or better items each year or so.

You must have enough to open a jewellery store right? How do you keep track of what you have and store them if you don’t mind sharing?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You must have enough to open a jewellery store right? How do you keep track of what you have and store them if you don’t mind sharing?

Not into taking collection pics. But they are in 2 safes and on earring stands, ring trays, chain trays and assorted boxes and Tupperware containers.

I know what pieces I have. Just not the exact specs and prices :)

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not into taking collection pics. But they are in 2 safes and on earring stands, ring trays, chain trays and assorted boxes and Tupperware containers.

I know what pieces I have. Just not the exact specs and prices :)

Spreadsheet? You might find it cathartic, at least I think you might be at the stage where a spreadsheet with pics included could be helpful (imagine if you ever had to move). Or at least you could come to the conclusion that certain parts of your collection are not seeing enough love and might be better being rehomed.

I am surprised at how much I like the translucent green bangle. It looks gorgeous on you!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No. I have enough documents to deal with at work. I refuse to do work related stuff for my hobbies haha. Until I have buckets of free time. If.

Even the rehoming part needs effort and time. I think people forget that living overseas without helpers means a lot of time spent cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, ironing and also vegetating on the couch after usually vexing days. Cases of "are we even in the same meeting? Our understanding is totally different (e.g. company met is in construction. Not restaurant management!!!?) *vomit blood daily*. Many things in a third world also require more time and are hard to arrange and find. Though it's gotten a lot better but still.

I'm surprised at the floating flower too. I have a few more waiting at home haha. Not seen. Also going the icy route.

Other than waiting for the right green and a devil purple in the right large sizes, I think I'm done with bangles :) Muna ones cost a car and are seldom in bigger sizes and imperial greens with water in huge sizes belong in auctions. So not hankering after them.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty bangles:) of course, the lavender is my favorite. It has more texture but the stronger color pops against your skin. The green seems to have a gluttonous rice texture which has a softer, translucent glow compared with the coldness of ice, which I personally prefer. Do you have a fav?

Last edited:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No. I have enough documents to deal with at work. I refuse to do work related stuff for my hobbies haha. Until I have buckets of free time. If.

Even the rehoming part needs effort and time. I think people forget that living overseas without helpers means a lot of time spent cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, ironing and also vegetating on the couch after usually vexing days. Cases of "are we even in the same meeting? Our understanding is totally different (e.g. company met is in construction. Not restaurant management!!!?) *vomit blood daily*. Many things in a third world also require more time and are hard to arrange and find. Though it's gotten a lot better but still.

I'm surprised at the floating flower too. I have a few more waiting at home haha. Not seen. Also going the icy route.

Other than waiting for the right green and a devil purple in the right large sizes, I think I'm done with bangles :) Muna ones cost a car and are seldom in bigger sizes and imperial greens with water in huge sizes belong in auctions. So not hankering after them.

Lol I get some bizar meetings but that really takes the cake.

I actually really get the idea of not wanting to have to take care of or superintend another thing. Usually the only thing I have energy for after I have finished the day and put the baby to sleep is stuff I can do from bed (lol like spreadsheets! But heaven help me if I have to actually be motivated enough to even fetch something from another room). I even have a full time maid, who saves my sanity on a daily basis (thank goodness). But it turns out not to be a panacea :lol:, you just fill your life to the brink with other responsibilities till you are just as overstreatched.

I am looking forward to pictures of your new acquisitions :dance:.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really pretty bangles:) of course, the lavender is my favorite. It has more texture but the stronger color pops against your skin. The green seems to have a gluttonous rice texture which has a softer, translucent glow compared with the coldness of ice, which I personally prefer. Do you have a fav?

I will answer you in a couple of weeks when I get to see the rest :) There is a very interesting patterned and coloured one that my jeweller, my jade pal and I have never come across. He got 1 too. It's a predominantly off white base with a portion lavender and the majority of the bangle with floating greens. His has a better and larger lavender portion than mine, but his jade eye says my floating green pattern is very artistic. It's very unique in a good way but I need to see it to know how I feel.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lol I get some bizar meetings but that really takes the cake.

I actually really get the idea of not wanting to have to take care of or superintend another thing. Usually the only thing I have energy for after I have finished the day and put the baby to sleep is stuff I can do from bed (lol like spreadsheets! But heaven help me if I have to actually be motivated enough to even fetch something from another room). I even have a full time maid, who saves my sanity on a daily basis (thank goodness). But it turns out not to be a panacea :lol:, you just fill your life to the brink with other responsibilities till you are just as overstreatched.

I am looking forward to pictures of your new acquisitions :dance:.

Lol coz if I get helpers here it's another bucket of worries. Like using the cloth to wash the floor for the kitchen countertop, dining table etc. No blame on them coz different standards and lifestyles, but I really don't want that added frustration. I had a weekly cleaning done at my first apt for a year by 2 lovely ladies that cleaned our office building, so... speaking from experience. It was a duplex, so too humongous for me to clean.

On the office front...I think correcting an email that spelled public holidays as pubic holidays still tops the list. I try to forget after correcting, nagging and scolding, so over the years there's probably enough to write a book. I feel more like a parent than a supervisor.

So these gems and jadeite help to destress. They have to remain fun and engaging in a leisurely way.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Loving the glow of the bangle in the car. The base is mixed, mostly light yellowish and with a portion white. For purists, it's better to have a white base. But I like the play of sections that reflect its water jadeite origins. They are a couple of portions where if you run a finger under you can see them, almost highly icy. Grain structure is very fine and smooth, a bit of "white matter" aka clouds if they were lumpy but aren't as they are very dispersed and not all over the bangle. The greens, while not plentiful, are a good green. Not black, not blue, no big lumpy clumps.

Jeweller says this is water jadeite..all mined out. No new rough in market unless released in batches by speculators that hoard and sell when price is right. Prices increase for these year on year.

Oh and there's a big bruise on the back of my hand from all that tugging around with the bangles.

20190908_181927.jpg 20190908_152824.jpg 20190908_152820.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So happy. Star sapphire fellow owners know, I've been on the lookout for a large retro star sapphire for the longest time. Thanks to @Bluegemz huge star sapphires that are soooo inspiring. There is so much of that old world charm and while happy with my sub 10 ct star sapphires, nothing beats 1 huge star that exudes a time long gone, the epitome of la vida dolce. Since large ones are scarcer from modern production which also means higher prices, I always knew that if I ever found 1 within budget, it'd be 2nd hand, perhaps a chance encounter in some dusty curio shop in the back alley of some sleepy city.

Lo and behold, while at the Bangkok Gem Fair today, at a booth run by a small local shop, I found a tray of ready set 2nd hand jewellery. There was this STAR. Among other stars like the gorgeous 5.x ct purple. Suppressed my enthusiasm, tried on a few, made calls to my jeweller, took videos, haggled, threw a hissy fit on price inflexibility and score! I really wanted the purple too but that was x2 the opening price of the light blue!

Stats: 20.9ct star sapphire. I am confident without a report it's natural and unheated because of the rutiles(but will get 1 anyway), 0.63ct diamonds, total 16g, platinum.

Posed with @Seaglow 12+ emerald for size comparison (she says I can post that :))

20190910_211432.jpg 20190910_211252.jpg 20190910_150946.jpg 20190910_150939.jpg 20190910_211443.jpg 20190910_174120.jpg 20190910_191225.jpg 20190910_212455.jpg 20190910_212420.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy. Star sapphire fellow owners know, I've been on the lookout for a large retro star sapphire for the longest time. Thanks to @Bluegemz huge star sapphires that are soooo inspiring. There is so much of that old world charm and while happy with my sub 10 ct star sapphires, nothing beats 1 huge star that exudes a time long gone, the epitome of la vida dolce. Since large ones are scarcer from modern production which also means higher prices, I always knew that if I ever found 1 within budget, it'd be 2nd hand, perhaps a chance encounter in some dusty curio shop in the back alley of some sleepy city.

Lo and behold, while at the Bangkok Gem Fair today, at a booth run by a small local shop, I found a tray of ready set 2nd hand jewellery. There was this STAR. Among other stars like the gorgeous 5.x ct purple. Suppressed my enthusiasm, tried on a few, made calls to my jeweller, took videos, haggled, threw a hissy fit on price inflexibility and score! I really wanted the purple too but that was x2 the opening price of the light blue!

Stats: 20.9ct star sapphire. I am confident without a report it's natural and unheated because of the rutiles(but will get 1 anyway), 0.63ct diamonds, total 16g, platinum.

Posed with @Seaglow 12+ emerald for size comparison (she says I can post that :))

20190910_211432.jpg 20190910_211252.jpg 20190910_150946.jpg 20190910_150939.jpg 20190910_211443.jpg 20190910_174120.jpg 20190910_191225.jpg 20190910_212455.jpg 20190910_212420.jpg
Really happy that you found a nice big one! It’s true, there is nothing quite like the larger sizes, though I love my 2 smaller ones for different reasons. Of all, I wear moonlight jelly the most, because of size mostly, and then color and ‘soul’, and then Sky Star and then in descending sizes.

With @ 20 carats and up, its easy to ‘fall in’ to their other worldliness. It must have been your time to find one because seeing them with the right balance of traits and the right price is a matter of pure luck. Congrats!

Btw, that purple is lovely, but doesn’t have the same degree of presence that yours does. Even though, I love purple stars. You know I’m still on the lookout for a large, purple one. It might take a very long time to find the right one, but the search is really fun!

Also, you should do a star family shot on the stsrsapphirethread!

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous star, and with a very nice setting too!

"Everything comes to she who waits" what a terrific score!!! :love::love::love:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a gorgeous star, and with a very nice setting too!

"Everything comes to she who waits" what a terrific score!!! :love::love::love:

Thank you and so would an awesome piece of jadeite for you soon!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Other than the star, I also picked up this box of small chameleon diamonds. 1.01 tcw. Will play around with them this weekend to test for colour change. Pretty drastic acquisitions on the size spectrum. Big and tiny. :lol-2:

20190912_001953.jpg 20190911_145250.jpg 20190911_145219.jpg 20190911_145201.jpg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Other than the star, I also picked up this box of small chameleon diamonds. 1.01 tcw. Will play around with them this weekend to test for colour change. Pretty drastic acquisitions on the size spectrum. Big and tiny. :lol-2:

20190912_001953.jpg 20190911_145250.jpg 20190911_145219.jpg 20190911_145201.jpg

I love your new star sapphire ring, it looks awesome with your other pieces in the hand shot:appl:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know you are on a roll... when you find a pair of light blue star sapphires to make a set with the ring :)

Saw this 3.35 ct pair with good asterism and decent crystal online. From Mogok cottage cutters. I stopped short of hyperventilating and implored my jeweller to contact them for me. Fingers crossed, waiting to see them when they arrive!
FB_IMG_1568564281402.jpg FB_IMG_1568564313489.jpg FB_IMG_1568564278896.jpg FB_IMG_1568564275871.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you are on a roll... when you find a pair of light blue star sapphires to make a set with the ring :)

Saw this 3.35 ct pair with good asterism and decent crystal online. From Mogok cottage cutters. I stopped short of hyperventilating and implored my jeweller to contact them for me. Fingers crossed, waiting to see them when they arrive!
FB_IMG_1568564281402.jpg FB_IMG_1568564313489.jpg FB_IMG_1568564278896.jpg FB_IMG_1568564275871.jpg
Awe, those are adorable! Fingers crossed! Would be great as earrings but the only draw back is that one can’t see the stars when worn. But alas, nothing to do about that lol. A by pass bracelet would also be fantastic.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awe, those are adorable! Fingers crossed! Would be great as earrings but the only draw back is that one can’t see the stars when worn. But alas, nothing to do about that lol. A by pass bracelet would also be fantastic.

True that. Didn't occur to me the light wouldn't hit them when worn :) But I feel incomplete with 3 star sapphire rings and no matching pair of earrings lol.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Quick shot of a couple of new jadeite pieces before I turn in for the night!

Convertible flower ring and floating flower bangle with a light bluish green base.

20190921_035224.jpg 20190921_035219.jpg 20190921_035231-1.jpg 20190921_035213-1.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enjoying another jadeite bangle. Unlike the other icy ones, this has very very fine grain in spite of its glutinous texture. It imparts a very creamy, undry look to its entirety. The entire bangle is a very light bone green with flashes of emerald.

I enjoy seeing this on, in the day and the night. There is just something glowy about it.

20190924_004302.jpg 20190924_004330.jpg 20190924_004417.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is one of my budget jadeite bangles that is icy with what the Chinese call black floating flowers. I love the iciness and the rather even pattern of the floating flowers. The jadeite is surprisingly lustrous too. The flowers are actually very dark brownish green rather than a pure black!

Stuff I do while working away on the laptop at almost 0400h :)

20190930_034350.jpg 20190930_034454.jpg 20190930_034400.jpg 20190930_034409.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze - Did you realize this thread is now at 60 pages? So many beautiful eye candy pieces you have posted and a most enjoyable thread. :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze - Did you realize this thread is now at 60 pages? So many beautiful eye candy pieces you have posted and a most enjoyable thread. :)

Hehe I'm sure 90% of the posts must be comments! It's been a 4+ year journey coming to an end. Thanks for reading all this time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results