shape
carat
color
clarity

My brother is in emergency surgery - a little dust please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You are taking on so much!

Fate is something.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Happy anniversary!...:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, Happy anniversary!...:wavey:

Thank you. I spent yesterday evening here alone, but tonight my husband brought home Thai food after work and then we watched the DVD of "Darkest Hour" on the couch. I had grabbed a couple of soft throws and my husband tucked my feet in and offered to bring me dessert. 42 years...made possible by living in separate states the last few years. ;))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @Arcadian and sending more dust to your brother and your family. Please take good take care of yourself.

Happy Anniversary Deb. I hope your husband is well and they find out what caused the seizure.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of healing and loving thoughts your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending continued healing vibes to your brother @Arcadian.

@AGBF sending healing dust to your husband and (((hugs))) to you.

@jaysonsmom keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Hoping things improve.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hope things are continuing to improve Arcadian - sending more dust and thoughts.

And to you and your family, too, jaysonsmom.

ABGF - how scary. Glad to hear things are ok at the moment. Sending dust and good thoughts to you too. And happy anniversary. 42 years is an accomplishment no matter how you get there.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom I am thinking of you and hoping that if you want to share about what is happening in your life that you will feel able to do so.

@Arcadian I do not know if you are visiting your brother now or if you decided to wait after he was stabilized. I hope you well yourself. This kind of tragic turmoil takes a dreadful toll on every family member. I am praying and sending dust as are so many others.

Hugs,
Deb

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@jaysonsmom I am thinking of you and hoping that if you want to share about what is happening in your life that you will feel able to do so.
Hugs,
Deb

PSers are like family, thank you all so much for your concern. I guess I'll share. My little brother (my only sibling) who is 2 years younger than me, and in his mid-forties suffers from focal and grand mal seizures (his neurologist thinks that it may have been from an old ski injury. I have been in the emergency room too many times to count this past year (at least 5), each time this happens, his wife doesn't even call to let me know, I usually find out when he "comes to" and is able to text me. His wife's excuse for not accompanying him to the ER is because they have 2 young children who cannot be in an ER and she has to be home to care for them. My dad 78, was also recently got clipped by a motorcycle while crossing a street (my mom and I were about 10 steps behind him). Even though he was not hit head on,..he spun, fell and hit his head hard on the street, requiring emergency brain surgery to remove blood clot and relieve pressure. This all happened 3 weeks ago while I was visiting them in Taiwan. I honestly thought that that was it,.....while my dad was in surgery and ICU, my mom told me NOT to tell my brother because it may trigger more stress on my brother and cause another seizure. So, I had to keep this knowledge from my only sibling. I extended my stay in Taiwan, waited until my dad was out of ICU, spent another week fighting pneumonia due to being in induced coma, and then finally returned to the States when he was stable, and I was able to tell my brother that dad had an accident, but is recovering well. Then I heard that my dad's brain injury could trigger seizures, so he will be on anti-seizure meds for the rest of his life....

Whew! If you have read this far, thank you. I pray for healing for my bro and my dad everyday, and that they will be free from seizures, and of course, add Deb's husband and Arcadian's brother to my daily prayers :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSers are like family, thank you all so much for your concern. I guess I'll share. My little brother (my only sibling) who is 2 years younger than me, and in his mid-forties suffers from focal and grand mal seizures (his neurologist thinks that it may have been from an old ski injury. I have been in the emergency room too many times to count this past year (at least 5), each time this happens, his wife doesn't even call to let me know, I usually find out when he "comes to" and is able to text me. His wife's excuse for not accompanying him to the ER is because they have 2 young children who cannot be in an ER and she has to be home to care for them. My dad 78, was also recently got clipped by a motorcycle while crossing a street (my mom and I were about 10 steps behind him). Even though he was not hit head on,..he spun, fell and hit his head hard on the street, requiring emergency brain surgery to remove blood clot and relieve pressure. This all happened 3 weeks ago while I was visiting them in Taiwan. I honestly thought that that was it,.....while my dad was in surgery and ICU, my mom told me NOT to tell my brother because it may trigger more stress on my brother and cause another seizure. So, I had to keep this knowledge from my only sibling. I extended my stay in Taiwan, waited until my dad was out of ICU, spent another week fighting pneumonia due to being in induced coma, and then finally returned to the States when he was stable, and I was able to tell my brother that dad had an accident, but is recovering well. Then I heard that my dad's brain injury could trigger seizures, so he will be on anti-seizure meds for the rest of his life....

Whew! If you have read this far, thank you. I pray for healing for my bro and my dad everyday, and that they will be free from seizures, and of course, add Deb's husband and Arcadian's brother to my daily prayers :)

Dear @jaysonsmom I am so sorry for all you and your family are dealigng with and am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. PSers are like (good) family. (((Hugs))).

@Arcadian keeping good thoughts for your brother.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom I am so glad you unburdened yourself to us! You are carrying an absolutely enormous load and not only carrying it, but carrying it under great stress. If you make "the wrong move" you feel it would be your fault that one or another of your beloved family members, whom you are trying so hard to protect, could be harmed by what you do or say.

I cannot imagine being in that position. I have been a caretaker, but never to anyone whose health rode on my doing the right thing!

I realize that talking does not lessen your burden, but sometimes sharing helps. At least it helps me. I do not do well when I feel all alone. It may be childish of me, But I need to feel that I am not alone. When I come here, I find friends. You are not alone.

Hugs,
Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @jaysonsmom you too have had more than your fair share of stress lately. I’m so sorry. I hope they can get your brothers seizures under control. This must all be so hard for you. Are you doing okay?

@AGBF. I hope you know you are never alone Deb. Most people don’t do well when they feel like they are alone. There is nothing childish about feeling like you do or reaching out and saying how you feel and asking for help. You are not alone. Hugs, Callie

Sending more dust to you @Arcadian.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to apologize that I haven't been around. Right after I got in, I had a very long wait to get a car (they didn't have compact cars, had to try another rental place) then went to my parents home. Then the hospital (he was in surgery) then took my mom to HER doctor (a whole other story unto itself), then had to wait an hour to even get into my hotel room (when did checkin become 4pm???) Once I got in my room though I passed out for 5 hours. But I did get to see him closer to the dinner hour that evening.

The boy looks like death warmed over. He has lost a LOT of tissue from the leg. But yesterday they took him out of ICU. He's been in surgeries one after the other since I got here. Heck he's in surgery right now too! Thank you for your continued dust, thoughts, prayers, they mean a lot.

He will be in the hospital for some time. Once he's well enough to be out, he will live at my younger brother's house with a nurse. will be for the best as my mom and dad are not able to do for him at this time (plus, privacy, you know?)

You all are in my thoughts as well! feel free to come to this thread and air it all out. You are not alone. (hugs).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to be so late to this thread. I am in Virginia and have limited computer access to a primitive computer. I just saw this. When I started to read it I thought I might find that by page three your brother had passed away. I thank God that he has been stabilized and have now joined everyone else in sending dust and good thoughts and praying for him and your family, Arcadian.

I am going to spill my own news here because it is why I haven't been around. I had planned to be in Virginia for three reasons before Sunday. I had two doctors' appointments scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday and a meeting with someone to refinance our mortgage today (Tuesday). On Sunday I got a call that my husband was hospitalized, however. He had had a seizure (in a restaurant) and passed out. He was taken by ambulance. Many tests were done, but the origin is not known. I was glad I was coming down anyway. Today is our anniversary. Crazy marriage. He made me breakfast but he's going out to do something alone tonight, maybe play backgammon. He's taking me out the next two nights.

Sorry for a brief threadjack, Arcadian. Your brother is in dire shape. My husband is up and about at the moment. I just worry about what has caused this. I think he was told not to drive, but I am not sure since I was not there. He is driving.

Deb :wavey:

Deb, don't ever worry about highjacking sweetie. I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well as can be expected because seizures are scary as hell. A sleep study on my mom is how they found my mom's brain damage (she was also having seizures and all of those things are lupus related) and they did that because they could find no other correlation. The damage is unfortunately for her, pretty extensive and explains why shes forgetting things and falling and such. I don't want to scare you but he might consider having one done if they find nothing else.

The strain of all this has been really rough on her and we're keeping her out of the hospital as much as we can to keep her healthy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers to you, your family and especially your brother. Thank God he has finally found good medical intervention. After hospitalization, the hard part will be to continue to follow medical advice.
I was a brittle diabetic for over 22 years. In that time I had 13 prp surgeries on the left eye, 11 prp on the right, 2 detached retina procedures on both eyes catarct removal due to all the eye surgeries. The removal of my right eye. Was blind twice. I also have no feeling from the knees down, neuropathy in my hands, muscle weakness in my right hip and take medication to empty my stomach and keep my bowels moving. I was blessed enough to receive a kidney/pancreas transplant which has given me a new life. Diabetes is a terrible metabolic disease. No organ is unaffected and the toll on one's self and their loved ones is great.
You are in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones.

My goodness. I'm so sorry you're going though all this:(2. Indeed takeing care of oneself is imporant and my brother is having to learn that. And I give him credit for doing things right but, still diabetes is rough. Right now hes very frail and so thin its a bit scary how thin he is right now. He's back within normal ranges for blood sugar but still takes a unit of insulin (think thats where he was before)

A prayer and a hug for you as well. Thank you.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad that your brother seems to be doing better. I hope he continued to recover from this ordeal!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian: I think you're pretty ass-kicking awesome! I bet your family is sooo happy you're there.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian sending hugs, emotional support, and prayers to you and your family.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope your brother continues to improve Arcadian, sounds like your younger brother stepping up will make life a lot easier for your parents.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for taking the time to update all of us, Arcadian. You have really been through an ordeal. Everyone in your family has been through an ordeal. I wish we could offer more than "thoughts and prayers". Yes, we offer Pricescope dust, too, and Pricescope friendship, but when you are physically alone in the middle of tragedy and chaos, life is still very hard. (I know your family is with you, but each member of your family is struggling just as you are. How much does any one of them have to give to others when he is just trying to keep his own head above water?)

Please, at least, know we are here. Prayers will continue.

Hugs,
Deb

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers continue!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always with good wishes and healing prayers to all of you!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Arcadian
I have met a few people who have lived with insulin for decades - a bizarre annoyance that doesn't quite result in 'health', but they could fool me; then, one member of my clan who has not made use of it - I asume your brother is scared enough already. On the other hand, insulin use is a bizarre annoyance.

I prey life is good to your brother after all this.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to send you and your family dust and prayers @Arcadian .
I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Often times when dealing with so much we tend to put ourselves last.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
From how dutiful & straight-faced you sound on this side, I am guessing that you are everyone's safe bet there @Arcadian ... & if this is not too much :(2 nothing is [say, a few countries need running - on the side of the hospital visits & all; not kidding]

Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results