shape
carat
color
clarity

My brother is in emergency surgery - a little dust please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sitting here helpless as my middle brother is in emergency surgery. Long story; he drove from Oklahoma where he lived with his girlfriend (they have broken up, which is another story unto itself) while he was very very ill. when he got to my parents, my mom got him to a hospital pronto because he was extremely ill. that was yesterday.

come to find out he's got gangrene in a very bad way. lot of tissue has to be removed right away. There is some fear that its reached his heart. I feel for my parents, this is very hard to take. I'm in Florida still. I will need to make the trip to Kansas City, because this will likely not go well.

My brother and I did not always get along. This is the same one that wished me dead more times than one, so yeah can only say that I didn't really like him as a person. But I hate what this is doing to my parents.

*ETA*
It hit me that my grandmother's birthday is tomorrow (my mother's mom). She's been gone since 1997, and its been a rougher time than normal for my mother this year.

If you can spare it, a little dust for my parents at this difficult time, to ease what they're going through would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll keep your bother and your family in my prayers, and wishing for the best possible outcome.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much dust and big hugs to you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust going towards your brother.
fairy%20dust.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am with you.

I would hardly know what to do in your place - beyond staying in touch & and asking to be asked.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healing dust your brother's way @Arcadian and gentle (((hugs))) for you. Keeping your family in my thoughts.

HEALINGDUST.GIF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to my sister

So they said he's got strepococcus or however you spell it. basically flesh eating bacteria.
Blood sugar above 700
Blood pressure bottoming out
keeping him on breathing tube and trying to keep him stable
they will try to remove more of the tissue tomorrow but the infection gotten in the blood stream and had already reached his heart.
Dr's in Oklahoma would not do anything for him, the reason why drove 6+ hours to Kansas City.

Its not looking good unfortunately.

I will try to get a flight out as soon as tomorrow if not then tuesday.

Thank you to everyone for your love and dust. It means a lot. Even as much as I didn't like him as a person and we have our differences, he's my brother and I do love him. I hurt for my parents and his children.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry your brother, you and your family are suffering through this. I am sending lots of healthy vibes and prayers his way. :pray:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strong powerful thoughts and energy for you all, especially you and your Mom. That is a lot to contend with - big hugs to you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust and prayers outgoing to you and your family - I can only imagine the anguish for all of you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
That drive! .(

I hope you can help your parents hold.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @Arcadian, and hoping things somehow turn around for your brother - sending love and strength to you and your family xxx

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry Arcadian. And allow me to sincerely apologize for the all-to-often shitty healthcare in Oklahoma. ERs here are abysmal in many ways. Sadly, you brother is not the first story like that, that I've heard.

I wish for the best for him and your family.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Arcadian. Praying for loving arms to surround you and your family.

Last edited:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, so sorry to hear about your brother's serious health issues. Sending strength and healing dust to your brother, you and your family.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayer for your brother and your family, Arcadian. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update from my mother:

Blood pressure is coming up
Sugar is going down
Another Surgery is tomorrow mid morning if he's stable enough. They're not saying if he will or won't lose a limb, but could happen.

My parents will have to contact his job tomorrow because its pretty obvious where this is going. Even if he survives, he will not be back for a very long time if ever. Being he's not married this falls on my parents to do. His oldest is developmentally delayed and lives with my parents so... I will step in as they need me to.

Hate that I can't get a decent flight until Wednesday. Everything before that has the most ridiculous layovers I've ever seen (seriously 14 hours of layover!!). Even if I drove I might not get there until late Tuesday, so I booked for Wednesday, but will call Delta in the A.M. and see if I can go under their emergency designation without a long layover.

Thank you all so much for everything from the bottom of my heart. Pricescope for the most part is a very loving (though sometimes dysfunctional!!!) family. I appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, dust, and love. It means a lot.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Praying for you, your brother, your family and for transportation

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You at are so on top of things! I am so sorry & struck by fresh memories of a similar case - it all went so fast, stunning.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your family is lucky to have you. Sending all the good thoughts in your general direction!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results