shape
carat
color
clarity

My Blue Sapphire and Diamond E-Ring!

DiaSapph

Rough_Rock
Aww, thank you!! And thanks for the insight--I'll have to revisit this topic when it comes to the next ring. :) I wonder why they didn't mention it the first go-around?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring! Richard is a master-that cut and that blue is so striking! :love:
Congratulations!! Wear in health and happiness!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite ever rings!!! Wow! What kind of wedding band are you planning to pair with it?

DiaSapph

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1362702294|3399489 said:
One of my favorite ever rings!!! Wow! What kind of wedding band are you planning to pair with it?

Thank you so much, missy! I have yet to see as unique of a cut like Richard's gems.

Thank you for the compliment and such honor, motownmama! Aww, that makes me feel all the better in deciding on our e-ring. :) We barely started on our search for wedding bands, but early sentiment is towards two BGD Yogo bands (one for above and below the e-ring) or a five stone band to wear on the right hand. I may end up asking PS for advice later on for additional recommendations. :) Thank you again for the e-ring love!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Elegant and impressive!!!The sapphire is great on you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: well, If you don't mind, I want to say that the snow there is so pretty!!

DiaSapph

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, meredeth11! The snow and skiing conditions were great, and we couldn't resist the urge to capture our e-ring there!

DiaSapph

Rough_Rock
I've added a few artistic shots taken with my SLR on an overcast day on our balcony.

hana_mg_9111-4x6.jpg

hana_mg_9140-4x6.jpg

hana_mg_9139-4x6.jpg

DiaSapph

Rough_Rock
And a few on the same day with colorful nail polish for accent color. :)

hana_mg_9133-4x6.jpg

hana_mg_9142-4x6.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love love love it. I wish o had.gone with a CS center. Its so unique and eye catching!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: I seriously can't believe how perfectly *glowing* your sapphire is..and how beautiful the trellis is!!!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so very stunning!!! The color on that sapphire is gorgeous!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWOON - love the new pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will tell you that there was a recent thread asking about wedding bands for a 3 stone ring and she was trying bands above and below the e-ring. The overwhelming response was that two bands was too much. One thin band below the e-ring was the consensus, either a plain thin band or a thin diamond band. The two bands on either side really took away from the e-ring.

I love the new pictures! You are seriously making me want another sapphire in that color!!! :love:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an amazing blue color. The faceting really makes it pop :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, this ring is so stunning on you! :love: I love it! BGD did a wonderful job! Please MORE PICS! I never was a colored stone girl but geez louise I am thinking I may have to check out some sapphires! How are sapphires priced compared to diamonds?

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Love. It.

DiaSapph

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much: nielseel (oh my gosh, the florescence of your ring is amazing!), pandabee (hee hee, thank you again!), Jereni, motownmama (aww, thank you again!), diamondseeker2006 (thank you for the advice! I saw that thread too, but I think I'll have to try a few on to give the look an official thumbs up or down), baby monster (your baby caricature is too funny!), Smith1942!

Thank you lizzyann! Sapphires are my favorite. :) To answer your question, I'd say that the price of sapphires would greatly differ depending on if they were unheated and heated, color, and saturation. Generally speaking, there is a price difference between diamonds and sapphires, although sapphires weigh more per carat than diamonds. I'm sure if you start a new thread in the color stones forum, other PS users would be able to weigh in and have some great insight for you. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is breathtakingly beautiful!! I adore it - I love the pics taken outdoors in the snow - your gorgeous sapphire almost matches the blue sky! Sooo pretty! :love:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my most favorite rings.....love the photos!!!!!

Lori

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a stunner, all the best and congrats! :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, love it, love it! Trellis settings are my favorite, and the color of the sapphire is gorgeous. Congratulations, DiaSapph!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! that's a perfectly proportioned 3 stone and I do love their trellis designs (my 3 stone was a BGD , too!) It looks amazing on your beautiful hand!

Where were you skiing - you had great weather with good snow fall.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your sapphire (it's a perfect color) and I love that you got a colored stone engagement ring!

Oh, and congratulations :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and the sapphire is just perfect, not too dark and not too light!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a mesmerizing color. Beautiful stone and ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results