shape
carat
color
clarity

MY BLUE LAGOON!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you may remember in another thread the last Blue zircon I bought ended up being a dud and I ending getting another one from another USA Ebay seller. I had been looking at this stone for awhile, ask questions about it. It was originally listed for a BIN option of $149, but then they dropped it to an open auction of $49. I was the second bidder and got it for $50. It is 4.38cts 9.5mmx7.5mmx6.2mm and I have to say...........the minute I laid eyes on it, I ABOUT KEELED OVER!! I would have been happy to pay easily $300 for this stone.........but you all know I love a bargain and I feel that I hit the Motherload! (FINALLY) It appears to have no extinction, no windows, beautifully cut and better than eye clean! THE COLOR is Gorgeous! I see teal blue,teal green, tiny traces of yellow and it is just beautifully saturated! No, it is not the $2,000 zircon I saw a few months ago.......But I am just Beyond Ecstatic!!!!! A few pics....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry... I am having a hard time posting pics!!

Lagoon 3.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Lagoon 4.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Lagoon 6.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m liking what I''m seeing so far!!! Beautiful!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Lagoon 11.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my what a gorgeous, gorgeous stone. I want to dive right into it. It is bootiful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How are you going to set that baby???

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Lagoon 12.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:41:07 PM
Author: Linda W
Oh my what a gorgeous, gorgeous stone. I want to dive right into it. It is bootiful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How are you going to set that baby???
Thanks Freke and Linda! I have a few more pics! Can you gals give me some inexpensive setting ideas??

Lagoon 17.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my it''s gorgeous!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
Incandescent light with flash

Lagoon 20.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you like CC? A few of the colored stone ladies go with the LOGR settings.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Lagoon 23.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That last pic was my favorite... love how it brought out some yellow undertones...

Lagoon 25.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Grief, I love that stone. Just look at the flashes of green in there
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have to say, this stone was one of the most photogenic stones. It really played for the camera! I usually don''t have such luck. I have a ton of pics...but this is the last one that I will post.

Lagoon 33.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG
30.gif

What a stunning find, stunning price and even more stunning gemstone!

Very many congratulations.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCN,
Very nice blue zircon!! I know many people are petrified of taking a chance on ebay, but FWIW, isn''t it super exciting to get a great deal on a gemstone from there?!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That is a super pretty color. Not bad for Ebay! I love the bits of yellow I see. What will you do with it?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....AMAZING COLOR....LOVE IT!
30.gif

Lori

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a pretty stone! I think it looks like you got a really good deal!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice! Do you mind sharing the seller? I am always on the look out for reputable ebay sellers, but I completely understand it if you want to protect your source
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 4:46:14 PM
Author: Linda W
What do you like CC? A few of the colored stone ladies go with the LOGR settings.
This is from an Ebay seller like LOGR.... I think there name is JewelHoo?? I personally would like to find an East West setting though. I think that would be sharp.

104_(3).JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 6:03:10 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
CCN,
Very nice blue zircon!! I know many people are petrified of taking a chance on ebay, but FWIW, isn''t it super exciting to get a great deal on a gemstone from there?!
INDEED! I definately went through a few ugly ducklings to get to this one! I know it is not World class...but I have to say when I first looked at it, it made my heart sing! I think that is when you know its a definate keeper!! How could I not for $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY stone :) Great color!
Pardon my ignorance, but what''s an East West setting?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 9:13:18 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Very nice! Do you mind sharing the seller? I am always on the look out for reputable ebay sellers, but I completely understand it if you want to protect your source
1.gif
I will be more than happy too! I want others to get in on the experience that I had and if that means I miss out on a stone, then so be it. It was not meant to be, right? youniqueboutique1 is the sellers name. What finally made me bid on the stone was not only the impeccable feedback, I liked what people where saying about the stones they received. They all seemed thrilled..... not like.... "o.k. thanks" or "nice"

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just checked out their store, they certainly sell a wide variety of things! Hehe. I''m so happy you love your ebay purchase. I actually just bought a gem from ebay kind of on impulse (nothing expensive), I hope it turns out as lovely as yours!

I love good ebay finds :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 9:52:44 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
LOVELY stone :) Great color!
Pardon my ignorance, but what''s an East West setting?

Oh Gosh no... you are not ignorant. Most people, even jewelers aren''t familiar with some of this "terminology". LOL! Here is an example of an East-West setting. This is also a setting I am considering too.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it is

Date: 3/23/2009 10:01:55 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I just checked out their store, they certainly sell a wide variety of things! Hehe. I'm so happy you love your ebay purchase. I actually just bought a gem from ebay kind of on impulse (nothing expensive), I hope it turns out as lovely as yours!

I love good ebay finds :)
I hope it is gorgeous. Had trouble posting a pic.... here goes

east west setting.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohh! Now the name makes so much more sense! Haha, I thought it was like a mix of East and Western cultural designs or something..

I think either would be lovely, can''t wait to see it set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results