shape
carat
color
clarity

MY BLUE LAGOON!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sideview
30.gif

E W sideview.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Freke, Linda W, Kaleigh, TL, InnerKitten, Lovingdiamonds, Loriken, Cindy, Lady Disdain, and Making the Grade!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That color! Anyone else want to dive right in??
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 10:23:15 PM
Author: icekid
36.gif
Thanks Icekid! BTW, I drool every time I see your avatar! BEAUTIFUL!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s just gorgeous!!! I love the color and can''t wait to see it set. What a fantastic bargain!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
CCN, that''s such a lovely blue! It''s stunning.
36.gif
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Woweee!

Ok I need to get schooled in topaz because I didn''t know they came in that color.

L
30.gif
V E

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 8:23:45 AM
Author: mercoledi
Woweee!

Ok I need to get schooled in topaz because I didn''t know they came in that color.

L
30.gif
V E

LOL!.... Topaz may come in this color (london blue)...but this is not a topaz... it is a zircon. Thanks Michelle, Mochi, and Mercoledi!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Well crap, that does explain it, doesn''t it? I need to
34.gif
a little more and
31.gif
the pictures a little less.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 10:23:15 PM
Author: icekid
36.gif
Yup - let''s bust out the swim suits!
9.gif

Gorgeous color!!!

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is just stunning!!! Great find!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous zircon! Love the color!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! That blue zircon is KILLER!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Love the blue zircon and the E/W setting. Can''t wait to see them all loved up together!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gecko, Brendaman, LTP, Flygirl, and Gailey!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after emailing several Ebay sellers and going back and forth, I ALMOST bought this setting, but I felt apprehensive as I didn''t want to receive it and the diamonds/setting not be as stated in the auction. I also dreaded the thought of sending a $300 item back to China and them never receiving it. I have had my share of postal mishaps this year and I just can''t bare to go through that again. I am still waiting on a claim on an item I sent out in Nov. to Canada. Yes, I did have insurance, but it is ridiculous the channels you have to go through to get your $$ back from the post office.............Anyhoo.. this setting is from Happyday2203, after numerous emails back and forth, I also decided it was too difficult to dissect the language coming through in the email since the seller is Chinese. I passed on the purchase.... it is better safe than sorry ..............But I do love the setting and it being east-west

109_(4).JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is what I decided on. It already has a 10x8mm amethyst set into it...but it is brand new and I think my blue zircon will work in it. My BZ is 9.5x7.5mm. The seller is from the US and has a good return policy with 100% feedback rating. The diamonds look lovely too..............and I love the bypass design with an East-west set stone. OH....and even better, it is cheaper than the above setting. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out!!!

6aae_1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the new setting works out for you! I think your stone will be beautiful in it.
36.gif
Can you get it without the amethyst?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 11:18:26 PM
Author: Catmom
I hope the new setting works out for you! I think your stone will be beautiful in it.
36.gif
Can you get it without the amethyst?

I am not sure Michelle....but honestly, I think buying it without the amethyst really wouldn''t make a huge price cut since most Amethysts are so inexpensive. I will just add the amethyst to my gemstone collection.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting you decided on is too pretty! I can''t wait to see it set!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LTP! The diamonds are G-VS and they certainly look like it! I will take lots of pics. I can''t wait to see the results of the padparadscha you purchased. You along with others are making me want a padparadscha in the worst way! Now if my wallet will get on board.........
3.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Can you share who is the seller of this amethyst ring? I want to explore the seller beyond LOGR after their price raise.
22.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW, cograts on finding such a GORGEOUS stone for such an awesome price!!!

And 4+ carats with a stunning color to boot!
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t wait to see this set!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
THAT''S an awesome stone! Love it! Love your setting too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 3:59:28 PM
Author: yingh
Can you share who is the seller of this amethyst ring? I want to explore the seller beyond LOGR after their price raise.
22.gif

Sure thing. It is Komal795. After getting cold feet from taking a chance on buying a setting from one of the Chinese Ebay sellers, I decided maybe I can peruse Ebay for a setting that already has a stone in it that was dimensionally close to my Blue Zircon. I found a bunch of settings/rings from US sellers so this will be how I will go when needing a setting for one of my gemstones. As long as the setting is not intricate and in good shape/new condition, prongs not worn, many settings will work. The seller indicated that she thinks it will work too!

Thanks Platinumrock and Kelli!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results