Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning
Gorgeous :love:
!!Congratulations!!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Woowee! Please tell us about your design process and how you ended up chosing the trapezoids with the cushion center and the pave band. So many shapes and they all came together for this killer piece! I just love it. So unique.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations is an understatement! Your ring is outstanding. Forever ring... absolutely! So nice to hear some good news!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! I love wearing it on my finger, but more than that I adore the man that put it there!

Congratulations!! It’s beautiful! Do you have a band selected to go with it?

@Matthews1127 I'm struggling with what to pair the ring with! I don't know if an eternity of MRBs would look good, or if I should consider an emerald eternity, or even a band of east west baguettes? I don't want to detract from the engagement ring so I'm considering what the stack width will be. I've also also thought about how amazing an AVC eternity or 7 stone would look be.... might be a good match. I'll likely also wear a small engraved spacer. What would you recommend?

Ooh that's lovely, really love the combination of stones. How did you come up with it?

We definitely need a million more pictures if at all possible and video if at all possible!

Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your engagement! I'm already thinking ahead to when you get married and wonder what type of band you'll put with it...!

@Lykame Great question on the stone combo- I actually really wanted to love super ideals, but it turns out that I just don't like round diamonds for my engagement ring finger. I saw both CBIs and whiteflash stones and they were gorgeous, but I couldn't talk myself into it. I previously wore an emerald cut from a previous relationship and so didn't want to do that again. The cushion was a compromise between a fancy cut and a round with more faceting for brilliance.

For the sides, we considered half moons, and brilliant traps, but when we looked at them together it didn't look right. It was almost as if it was distracting and didn't provide balance to the ring. Step cut traps were a nod to my EC obsession and gave a perfect flash of light combined with the pinpoints of light that come from the cushion.

Congratulations! Your center stone is amazing, and the ring came together beautifully! Thanks for telling us about your relationship with your designer. Did you end up going with a looser or tighter fit on your finger?

@alittlelight The ring size was quite the conundrum! I am a 5 during the day, and my ring spins. At night I swell, become a 5.5.. I swell enough to where it's hard to come over my knuckle when I wake up. I sleep with my rings on and wouldn't be able to put it on in the AM (at least right away) if I took it off. I went larger, and have no idea what to do with the wedding ring sizing now!

It is beautiful, @LinSF. That cushion looks almost round! It is perfect! I love the side stones. What are the rings in your avatar? Did you trade them in for this beauty? It is perfection. One of my favorite settings ever.

@luv2sparkle The rings in my avatar are currently for sale, they are from a previous relationship (updated my avatar!). Their sale will fund some more bling! :D

Woowee! Please tell us about your design process and how you ended up chosing the trapezoids with the cushion center and the pave band. So many shapes and they all came together for this killer piece! I just love it. So unique.

@Lvoeshinythings Thank you so much! It was so much fun working with Maytal on this! I love and prefer three stone and accent rings. The pave band was the preference of my fiance. He wanted it as brilliant as possible (who doesnt love a man that loves the bling?!). I was actually scared of the pave and worried about losing stones. Which was dumb because I wore an eternity band for 12 years with no issues at all! Traps ended up not competing so much with the cushion, and shined without detracting or competing. Best part of all though was that it is a compilation of ideas from both myself and FH, the design process is now a very special memory for us!

20200308_124506.jpg

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE this ring, your decision to go with those perfect step cut sides, and Maytal!! Huge congratulations on your beautiful ring and engagement! Enjoy every moment.

p.s. — you could seriously moonlight as a hand model!

@SandyK Thank you, you make me blush! I can't wait to see your stone set too!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
95AFA19C-400C-4DC9-87FA-818C7C154315.jpeg
@LinSF, I like the idea of an AVC or 7 stone. I think step cuts will contrast too much.
I would definitely keep with the cushion theme, or even go as far as OMC’s. Either eternity or 5-7 stones.
Dainty will look great with this beauty! Not so much distraction, but very complimentary.
If you go the simpler route, a band that matches the shank on your ER would also look amazing.
I can’t wait to see what you choose to pair with this stunner!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I’ll need to look into Maytal. I swear I can’t keep up with designers. The list just keeps getting longer and longer.

I think you’ll be okay with the pave, just get the prongs checked every now and again. It’s just a beautiful look; all of it. I am a huge fan of juxtaposition of shapes and textures but obviously not if the result is a big ol’ mess. Yours is KILLER! Enjoy.

@Lvoeshinythings Thank you so much! It was so much fun working with Maytal on this! I love and prefer three stone and accent rings. The pave band was the preference of my fiance. He wanted it as brilliant as possible (who doesnt love a man that loves the bling?!). I was actually scared of the pave and worried about losing stones. Which was dumb because I wore an eternity band for 12 years with no issues at all! Traps ended up not competing so much with the cushion, and shined without detracting or competing. Best part of all though was that it is a compilation of ideas from both myself and FH, the design process is now a very special memory for us!

20200308_124506.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Talk about a forever! That ring is amazing.
You could also pair it with a pave band that matches your existing with the engraved spacer as well to start. It comes down to what job you want the wedding band to do, coexist or more subtle meld/blend.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Truly a stunner! Enjoy!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this stunning masterpiece!!! I would love to see more pictures!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well hello there gorgeous!

P

Petalouda

Wow wow wow! What an absolutely stunning ruby! Congratulations!!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is stunning! Congrats on your new engagement and forever ring!

L

lydial

HOW was this not awarded JOTW? Oversight?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@LinSF
Congratulations!! I adore your beautiful ring! I love how you combined step cut with a gorgeous cushion. I find the combination so unique and most sophisticated! in person your ring must be quite glowy!! may you wear it in happiness and tremendous love.

laurakayp

Rough_Rock
I'm finally posting photos of the engagement ring my amazing fiance gave me last month! I am beyond thrilled with it, and want to share my bling joy!

The ring was designed by Maytal Hannah who is an absolute pleasure to work with! We acquired the center stone, and she went to her suppliers and went through dozens of pairs of trapezoids to find the right match for my stone. My stone has fluorescence and shines really bright white, so it was really difficult to find a pair that matched the brilliance.

When I had trouble deciding my ring size, she humored me and had no problem talking me through my doubts as I teetered between sizes. The hand forging on this piece is incredible! It's light and delicate but at the same time the detail and lines show it's strength. I would reccomend her work in a heartbeat.

This is my forever ring as I am super sentimental about such pieces. I could not be happier with how it turned out! 20191228_132242.jpg IMG_3285.jpg IMG_3279.jpg

The stats: 3 ct cushion F/VS2 SBF (3.97 tcw), set in platinum. Size 5.5 ring on size 5 finger.

You are my ring twin! Sort of. Is that a transitional cut as well?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ! Congratulations !!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe I missed this too! Gorgeous! I would pair with narrow square french cut eternity band

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results