shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My big 5-0 gift!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally have something to show off :)) . I have a big birthday coming up and really couldnt decide what I wanted.
Nothing really seemed to float my boat (I started that thread about feeling ambivalent about buying something).
My default was to get a 7 or 9 stone (10 to 12 pointers) but my fear was that it would not be very exciting for me because
it was too similar to my 5 stone.

In the mean time I had been keeping an eye on ebay and found a ring that I thought was pretty... a little bit different
but not too far out there. I wasn't too sure because I'm not really a channel set kind of girl but it seem to fit my requirements
of being casual enought that I could wear every day while also having good finger coverage. The vendor had a good rating and
a good return policy so I bought it. When I opened the box I was thrilled! When I tried it on I got that feeling that this ring
was meant for me...sort of a like an old friend found its way home.

The specs are...
.83 ctw (5-13 pointers, 8-2 pointers) H color, VS2
14k white gold, about 5mm wide on the top and 4mm wide on the bottom of the shank
size 6.5

Pictures...
(the ring is for my right hand but had to take pics on my left.)

IMG_7854.JPG

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7847.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh...and the channel set issue doesnt bother me because there is lots of bling and only a little bit of metal on the sides.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay! I'm so glad you found something you like - and something that's the perfect solution to what you wanted! It's not your typical eternity - it's an incredibly cool eternity. It reminds me a lot of some of the rings that Gumuchian does - I love it!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow!!! I love it! I like how it is 'different' but still classic. It looks very blingy and substantial! And I like the very thin channel. Congratulations on the big 5-0!!!

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Pretty ring and Happy Birthday to you! :D

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's awesome! I love that it's classic with a twist! Happy Birthday!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Happy Birthday! I loooove it :)

Just_Ducky

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Very Unique. I feel like I want to see it in person to get a better look, haha! :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty- Happy Birthday my dear!!! what a glorious day and absolutely fantastic birthday present :) anything with a twist to a simple channel set band is Gorgeous and yours is it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday and congrats on the great find!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Tyty! 50 is a special birthday, I think you need more presents. So feel free to get yourself another sparklie if you want too.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty :appl: Happy Birthday!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday! Glad you found a perfect fit for you! It looks great on you.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations for such a find and happy birthday!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it!!! The different sizes are so unique - happy birthday!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I love it. hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Any chance you would share the vendor?

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Proof that there are still some decent sellers on Ebay; you sniffed one out. Congratulations on the ring and birthday.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Love you new ring :appl: . Its is very :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:wavey:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy birthday tyty!! i'm glad you found something that does make your heart sing for this special occasion! it looks gorgeous in the pics, so i can imagine the impact it has IRL!! enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies...you are all so sweet! :wavey: My big birthday is next month so I'm *trying* to enjoy my last few days of being
49! I used to think 50 was so old but I dont feel old at all! Your prospective really changes when you get closer to that

Schafer Jewelers was the vendor I got my ring from. Very nice and sent extra pictures when I requested them
(even though there were already 5 pics on the listing).
http://www.ebay.com/sch/schaferjewelers/m.html?_adv=1&_dmd=1&_in_kw=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Thank you again for the well wishes and the sweet comments! Mwah, mwah!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
happy birthday! and enjoy your new bling! it's beautiful :appl:

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your birthday!

Your lovely ring caught my eye. In case you aren't familiar with the design, I believe it is a "Quinteset" piece or one that is modeled after a Quinteset piece. I have one myself. You can see some of them here.

http://store.jrdunn.com/category-s/355.htm

Enjoy your lovely ring in the best of health!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fifty and fabulous baby! Happy birthday tyty and congrats on the beautiful, hunky new bling!

mememore

Rough_Rock
My goodness I learn so much here! Very creative design PLUS shine! Enjoy and welcome to the big 5-0 club. Your're off to a great start!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a classy and gorgeous diamond band! And happy birthday coming up!!! I dreaded my 50th, but now I look back on it fondly. :D

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding something perfect for your birthday!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the B-day wishes! I do plan on being 50 and fabulous (it just takes a little more work :wink2: but I like
a good challenge :bigsmile: !)

AGSHF - thanks for the info! I had no idea where the ring/design came from. I'm off to go read up on it.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely wedding band!!!!! Have a wonderful B-Day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results